Mom finished chemo today

ketziah35
ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
edited March 2014 in Caregivers #1
Although cancer lurks like a bad stalking lover, mom finished with her 6 months of chemo. We are trying to get her to go on a travel somewhere and just enjoy life, but there is some relief right now. We got her a pink feather boa and a crown to wear and there were lots of tears. Oddly enough she wanted to come home and cook hummingbird cakes. I luv her so much.

Ktz

Comments

• hope0310
    hope0310 Member Posts: 320
    Awesome!
    That is great news!
    I will continue to keep you all in my T&P, for now take a deep breath and enjoy the upcoming weekend!!

I love hummingbird cake! Is she going to cook in her boa and crown! =)
  • Pennymac02
    Pennymac02 Member Posts: 332 Member
    Yay!
    I know both of you are especially glad the last six months are over. What a great Christmas present--no looming chemo.

As for that lurker, not today....Today is a good news day.
    Cheers for hummingbird cake!
    Penny
  • ketziah35

Yay!
    I know both of you are especially glad the last six months are over. What a great Christmas present--no looming chemo.

As for that lurker, not today....Today is a good news day.
    Cheers for hummingbird cake!
    Penny

Thanks. How is Mike doing?
    Thanks. How is Mike doing? You have been in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Pennymac02
    Pennymac02 Member Posts: 332 Member
    ketziah35 said:

Thanks. How is Mike doing?
    Thanks. How is Mike doing? You have been in my thoughts and prayers.

Not such a good day today.
    Not such a good day today. He had a lot of pain last night so they gave him meds, then he got nauseous form that and they gave him compazine, so he was really out of it. I'm trying not to be hyper-sensative to every up and down, but its hard.
  • 1Teresa
    1Teresa Member Posts: 67
    Im praying for your mom
    when my mom got out of rehab and was feeling better last year we also wanted her to travel but she wanted to go back to work lol. She did get to travel some before the cancer came back though. Im praying your mom's cancer doesnt come back (((hugs))) to you both

What's hummingbird cake?
  • 1Teresa
    1Teresa Member Posts: 67

Not such a good day today.
    Not such a good day today. He had a lot of pain last night so they gave him meds, then he got nauseous form that and they gave him compazine, so he was really out of it. I'm trying not to be hyper-sensative to every up and down, but its hard.

Im sorry Pennymac
    Im starting to experience ups with mom right now...... the last few days have been good. I am afraid to think it will last, but afraid to think she will go down again too ........ how do you deal with the ups and downs? Im new at this...
  • Barbara53
    Barbara53 Member Posts: 652
    free at last
    When my mother finished her first-line chemo (ovarian cancer), she declared herself cancer free and said how great it was to have it out of her body. She really believed this, and we didn't challenge her. When her recurrence came the next year (par for the course with her disease), we talked about it, and she said it was the belief that she was healed that made those months so special.

Guess I just wanted to warn you about one of the gentle blessings coming up -- slap-yer-grandma denial.

Enjoy YOUR break, too. You've earned it.
  • ketziah35
    1Teresa said:

Im praying for your mom
    when my mom got out of rehab and was feeling better last year we also wanted her to travel but she wanted to go back to work lol. She did get to travel some before the cancer came back though. Im praying your mom's cancer doesnt come back (((hugs))) to you both

What's hummingbird cake?

Hummingbird cake
    A sweet fruity cake that has vanilla cinnamin eggs butter flour pecans or walnuts pineapple banana with a creme cheese frosting and nuts on top. It is a little sweet. We use a recipe from Southern Living magazine and have used this recipe for 20 years. It is rich so we only make it on a holiday. We made 3 of these and 6 fruitcakes. We are going to PARTY this weekend. For the recipe google Southern Living Hummingbird Cake. There are variations but my family likes this one the best.