overhwelmed

Options
2»

Comments

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    Stressful
    This time of year can be so stressful even when we hadn't been diagnosed so being tearful at this time of year is common. Guess we think about the past, what we have been through, our journey ahead. It can be just too much all at once. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and dry those tears and raise a glass and just smile if even for a moment.

Kim
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Options
    Oh Mags
    Oh Mags I am sending you warmth and my love. I had a day like that today and I just wanted to scream. So much fear and living in the unknown. By the end of the night I just had to get in my car and play some really loud Led Zepplin. :) It made me feel a bit better.

When you wrote about going to a party all I could think about was all of us together in a beautiful room with a warm fire, drinking warm drinks and not having to put on any face. Just being together, listening to each other and giving hugs when needed. Wouldn't that be wonderful? I think I'll go to sleep tonight thinking of that comforting thought.
    You are a beautiful woman, so full of love and warmth. I pray you find so peace in the days ahead.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    maglets said:

pepe
    my daughter walked the way of St James last year from France all the way out to Compostela....I wear a shell from the church always...

it changed her life ....perhaps becoming a pilgrim would be a very good thing

thanks

maggie

My Dear
    as I so eloquently stated some time ago'S@#t happens ,it's only the depth that varies" so when you are up to your neck just hold your head high and get by with a little help from your friends (us). When its up to your ankles ,life is good and as usual you help us. The meaning of life,the Ron edition((((((Mags))))))
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    Options

Oh Mags
    Oh Mags I am sending you warmth and my love. I had a day like that today and I just wanted to scream. So much fear and living in the unknown. By the end of the night I just had to get in my car and play some really loud Led Zepplin. :) It made me feel a bit better.

When you wrote about going to a party all I could think about was all of us together in a beautiful room with a warm fire, drinking warm drinks and not having to put on any face. Just being together, listening to each other and giving hugs when needed. Wouldn't that be wonderful? I think I'll go to sleep tonight thinking of that comforting thought.
    You are a beautiful woman, so full of love and warmth. I pray you find so peace in the days ahead.

Aloha,
    Kathleen

oh my dear friends....
    oh Kath i would love that party....when is it happening....I wonder how many we would be....man there would be some good laughs and tears at that party.

well I do through the part last night....it was fine

this morning I am packing up the car and driving off 110 k to pick up my darling daughter at the train station....we hope to stay over night and do a little intensive second-hand retail therapy....ie junk shopping....

talk in a few days.....packing the barbie suitcase.....

hugs and hugs

mags
  • pluckey
    pluckey Member Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Mags,
    that is EXACTLY and I

Mags,
    that is EXACTLY and I mean EXACTLY how I feel:

Why do I not feel happy, filled with joy to have beaten cancer for another year
    why am I not on my knees....thankful for my darling husband, and the fact that I am alive.

I am a hot Emotional Mess. So very thankful for being back to work, keeps my mind off my craziness most of the time, except wehn I start blubbering at work and have to find a room to hide in!

I feel like I am unworthy of the Miracle Bestowed on me. I feel like I am letting down everyone who prayed for me, nurtured me, loved me thru my illness.

I am angry at the Establishment. I am angry that no one tells you what to expect AFTER.

At the end of treatment, there should be a mandatory appointment with some advocate, Patient Care, or Counselor that says soemthing like:

"OK Mrs Luckey, with your cancer, chemos, ileo, reversal etc you can expect XXX in changes in your plumbing and output, if that happens do X. Chemo may take a toll on your joints, and in a month or so you may feel so stiff and achy, take X. On the emotional front, you may need to deal with X, get a counselor and some Zanax."

You get the picture.
    A comprehensive follow up and "be on the look out for..." should be Protocol.
    In fact, I'd love an audience with the head of my cancer hopital and tell him the tag line "We Treat the Human Spirit" is a bunch of ****.

whew, now there was a Vent!

Peggy
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    pluckey said:

Mags,
    that is EXACTLY and I

Mags,
    that is EXACTLY and I mean EXACTLY how I feel:

Why do I not feel happy, filled with joy to have beaten cancer for another year
    why am I not on my knees....thankful for my darling husband, and the fact that I am alive.

I am a hot Emotional Mess. So very thankful for being back to work, keeps my mind off my craziness most of the time, except wehn I start blubbering at work and have to find a room to hide in!

I feel like I am unworthy of the Miracle Bestowed on me. I feel like I am letting down everyone who prayed for me, nurtured me, loved me thru my illness.

I am angry at the Establishment. I am angry that no one tells you what to expect AFTER.

At the end of treatment, there should be a mandatory appointment with some advocate, Patient Care, or Counselor that says soemthing like:

"OK Mrs Luckey, with your cancer, chemos, ileo, reversal etc you can expect XXX in changes in your plumbing and output, if that happens do X. Chemo may take a toll on your joints, and in a month or so you may feel so stiff and achy, take X. On the emotional front, you may need to deal with X, get a counselor and some Zanax."

You get the picture.
    A comprehensive follow up and "be on the look out for..." should be Protocol.
    In fact, I'd love an audience with the head of my cancer hopital and tell him the tag line "We Treat the Human Spirit" is a bunch of ****.

whew, now there was a Vent!

Peggy

you go for it
    "In fact, I'd love an audience with the head of my cancer hopital and tell him the tag line "We Treat the Human Spirit" is a bunch of ****." Go for it! I bet he would be interested to hear what a real warrior thinks of that tag line! If you can't get an appointment with his office, send a comment in a card. Some times those in upper levels of management just lose touch with the people they are supposed to be helping.
    mary