Journals-anyone else write in (during or post treatments)?????

disneyfan2008
disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Just curious if anyone uses a journal? a good friend gave me one at the start of my cancer situation..then during treatment a Therapist or social worker gave me another (that one had misc sayings etc) she even gave me A DAMMIT DOLL (made and donated) I JUST LOVED the doll...it's meant to keep at hand to bang at any time needed...for frustation! IT worked well and used often..

Comments

• Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    During staging I kept notes
    During staging I kept notes to share with others about the tests we go through. It actually came in handy when my sister was diagnosed. She knew what to expect and could compare what her doc was having done. I did not continue through treatment tho.
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    I have used a journal
    since I was first dx. I still write in it as I just finished chemo 2 weeks ago. I go for labs tomorrow and next Tuesday. In January I see my onc and will get my port flushed. I start 5 weeks of rads in January so still have a lot to write about. It helps me to get words written down.
    Char
  • lizzie17
    lizzie17 Member Posts: 548
    haiku
    I didn't keep a journal, but I spent time in self-expression writing Haiku.
    For me, it was great therapy!!
  • Jean T. Szabo
    Jean T. Szabo Member Posts: 193
    Journal
    Yes, always kept a "diary" and with the BC jouney find it helpful to look and read what the side effects of previous Chemo treatments were.
  • gagee
    gagee Member Posts: 332
    lizzie17 said:

haiku
    I didn't keep a journal, but I spent time in self-expression writing Haiku.
    For me, it was great therapy!!

Don't know what you mean by
    Don't know what you mean by Haiku? Please tell me about it. I keep a journal sort of on the computer. I started when first dx and still do from time to time.

Hugs,
    Diana
  • gagee
    gagee Member Posts: 332
    I just want to let you know
    I just want to let you know I did start a journal when first dx. I keep it on the computer in pages (docs) and didn't even know much about the computer. So it was a learning experience for me. Had a hard time at first of trying to save it and not lose it. Quite funny actually.
    It has helped me because I have had very bad side effects from the Arimidex I took from Aug. until about 3 weeks ago. So I can compare how I feel now. Still having a lot of the side effects. Hoping they stop soon. I am afraid I will have them forever.

Hugs to You,
    Diana
  • lizzie17
    lizzie17 Member Posts: 548
    gagee said:

Don't know what you mean by
    Don't know what you mean by Haiku? Please tell me about it. I keep a journal sort of on the computer. I started when first dx and still do from time to time.

Hugs,
    Diana

haiku
    The poetry....3 lines...
    5 syllables
    7 syllables
    5 syllables
    It is amazing what you can think of to express in so few words!!
    Some of mine are funny, some graphic, some so sad, and some ---just whatever is on my mind.
  • Brooklynchele
    Brooklynchele Member Posts: 123
    Journal
    I kept a chart of side effects from chemo that listed side effect, start date, end date and notes. It was pretty helpful to my docs in helping to treat my symptoms.