1 week left!

Options
2»

Comments

• adventurebob
    adventurebob Member Posts: 691
    Options

MEPILEX PADS
    I think it is called Mepilex. My wife manages the Tauma Division at a busy urban Children's Hospital. This includes the burn unit patients. She was able to get a product called Mepilex?? Not sure of the correct spelling, ask your Rad. Doc. I had 1 small 3rd degree burn on my collar bone and allot of 2nd degree burning in the same area. My wife would cut these pads to fit, chage them daily and by the end of two weeks, my skin was actually sarting to heal and close back up.

Great product if you can find it.

Mike

Hmmm
    Interesting. I'll ask my nurse tomorrow. Thanks Mike.

Bob
  • adventurebob
    Options
    Greg53 said:

You da Man!
    Bob,

Great to hear your closing in on the end of treatments. Even better to hear how well you're doing! Keep it up Bro'!

Happy Holidays!

Greg

Thanks Greg
    I'm almost there. Happy Holidays to you!

Bob
  • greg from pa
    greg from pa Member Posts: 86
    Options

Thank you
    I just happen to have that here at home. It adds calories to my smoothies. I'll give it a shot tonight. Gracias.

Bob

Hi Bob
    I'm glad your treatment is going so well. I went through the standard 35 and 6. I often considered the vegan veg diet.I use the essiac tea before treatment, the docs told me not to use it during treatment.Well,happy holidays and I hope your treatment continues to go well! Greg
  • scottied
    scottied Member Posts: 34 Member
    Options

Thank you
    I just happen to have that here at home. It adds calories to my smoothies. I'll give it a shot tonight. Gracias.

Bob

Just a thought
    I understand you wanting to end treatment early because of the side effects. I also understand you may be doing wonderful now but just as you stated you may not need as many treatments BUT you may also need all the treatments - you don't really know. Just because you feel fine doesn't mean the cancer is gone ( i would hope so though). A doctor once told me that you have one chance to beat this so you need to give it all you got - no do overs!
    The only thing im saying is that you've gone this far - I wouldn't back off now. Of course this is just my opinion. I would hate for you to have regrets later.
    Good Luck with whichever path you take!
  • adventurebob
    Options

Hi Bob
    I'm glad your treatment is going so well. I went through the standard 35 and 6. I often considered the vegan veg diet.I use the essiac tea before treatment, the docs told me not to use it during treatment.Well,happy holidays and I hope your treatment continues to go well! Greg

Happy Holidays
    Thanks Greg. So close now I would be able to taste it if I could taste anything.

Bob
  • adventurebob
    Options
    scottied said:

Just a thought
    I understand you wanting to end treatment early because of the side effects. I also understand you may be doing wonderful now but just as you stated you may not need as many treatments BUT you may also need all the treatments - you don't really know. Just because you feel fine doesn't mean the cancer is gone ( i would hope so though). A doctor once told me that you have one chance to beat this so you need to give it all you got - no do overs!
    The only thing im saying is that you've gone this far - I wouldn't back off now. Of course this is just my opinion. I would hate for you to have regrets later.
    Good Luck with whichever path you take!

No regrets
    Thanks Scottie. My doc told me that at the beginning also. I do believe it's been beat and I don't believe that we get one chance. I've noticed the docs like to use fear to control the show a bit. It worked pretty well in the beginning but not so much anymore. I'll be talking to them today about why they think it is so important to come back after Christmas for the last 2 rads. If they make a good enough case, without using fear, I'll probably do the other 2. My desire is really just to be done. If the treatment center hadn't taken the day after Thanksgiving off and weren't taking Christmas Eve(is this a holiday?) off I would have the 35 completed at the end of this week. I just don't want to go back after Christmas. I'll have 3 days of healing under my belt and would like to run with that. But, like I said, they'll tell me today what their thoughts are and I'll listen and consider with an open mind. They have been good doctors and I do trust them and believe they make decisions with my best interests in mind. Thanks for your thoughts. I probably value the thoughts of those on this board more than any others. Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Bob
  • scottied
    scottied Member Posts: 34 Member
    Options

No regrets
    Thanks Scottie. My doc told me that at the beginning also. I do believe it's been beat and I don't believe that we get one chance. I've noticed the docs like to use fear to control the show a bit. It worked pretty well in the beginning but not so much anymore. I'll be talking to them today about why they think it is so important to come back after Christmas for the last 2 rads. If they make a good enough case, without using fear, I'll probably do the other 2. My desire is really just to be done. If the treatment center hadn't taken the day after Thanksgiving off and weren't taking Christmas Eve(is this a holiday?) off I would have the 35 completed at the end of this week. I just don't want to go back after Christmas. I'll have 3 days of healing under my belt and would like to run with that. But, like I said, they'll tell me today what their thoughts are and I'll listen and consider with an open mind. They have been good doctors and I do trust them and believe they make decisions with my best interests in mind. Thanks for your thoughts. I probably value the thoughts of those on this board more than any others. Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Bob

I understand
    I totally understand. My last treatment was December 24th last year.