Posted pics of ornaments!

Marcia527
Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Thank you cookie for the lovely ornaments! One says 'peace' on the ornament and the other is 'love'. Plus a third ornament. You got to see, I just can't describe! A lovely card also with a note inside that says:

"Friendship isn't always easily described. The Eskimos, they say have a hundred different words for snow. Unfortunately, the English language isn't quite as innovative, though it has vast opportunities to differentiate meaning. Clearly love is one of those opportunities. And so, too, is friendship.

Instead of different words, however, we're stuck with simple adjective. Close friend. Best friend. Childhood friend. Intimate friend. Trusted friend. Beloved friend. But whether you use adjectives or different words, few could deny the nearly infinite meaning in such a simple word.

Friends are special people. We can't pick our family, and we're sorely limited in the number of them at any rate. Society and mores (and often our own conscience) dictate we select a single mate. But our friends can be as diverse and infinite as the adjectives we choose. Our friends, in a very real sense, reflect the choices we make in life.

Let the count down begin."

I would be honored to be counted as a friend. Thank you, cookie97/Edie!

Comments

• cookie97
    cookie97 Member Posts: 200
    Aaaah, I'm so happy
    Marcia I'm so glad you liked the ornaments, my daughter and I spent hours in the store looking for the right one and of course it needed it's mate! You did a fabulous job of posting them on your expressions page, we're going to try to post mine tomorrow.
    Also you know that there is a saying out there that you can never have too many friends or shoes! Maybe Imelda Marcos said it?!

Anyways have a safe and happy holiday pm any time!

Peace and Love,
    Edie

This has been a great diversion
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    cookie97 said:

Aaaah, I'm so happy
    Marcia I'm so glad you liked the ornaments, my daughter and I spent hours in the store looking for the right one and of course it needed it's mate! You did a fabulous job of posting them on your expressions page, we're going to try to post mine tomorrow.
    Also you know that there is a saying out there that you can never have too many friends or shoes! Maybe Imelda Marcos said it?!

Anyways have a safe and happy holiday pm any time!

Peace and Love,
    Edie

This has been a great diversion

BEEE-utiful!!! Once again I
    BEEE-utiful!!! Once again I say I am so very happy with the ornament exchamge and the obvious love and feeling which everyone exhibited ! You make me proud, sisters! :-)
  • cookie97
    cookie97 Member Posts: 200
    chenheart said:

BEEE-utiful!!! Once again I
    BEEE-utiful!!! Once again I say I am so very happy with the ornament exchamge and the obvious love and feeling which everyone exhibited ! You make me proud, sisters! :-)

Thanks again Chen...
    This has been sooo much fun and wonderful diversion from the C word! I thank you again for the great idea and allowing me to join the party so late. Marcia's gift was equally as beautiful and so meaningful.

Peace and Love to all,
    Edie
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Those are
    just Adorable.

Hugs,
    Georgia