What Is Offensive? we are just sharing in the hopes of helping others.

Options
2»

Comments

• sal314
    sal314 Member Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

What you said in your original post
    "I'll probably offend you right know as I say "lighten up people" :)"

You told individuals who were upset by someone else's flippant and amateurish dismissal of the TAC chemotherapy regimen to "lighten up." With a hypocritical smiley face tossed in at the end.

So much for keeping negative thoughts "respectively" to yourself.

No, I don't have a clue who you are. But your defense of someone who tries to bolster her self-confidence at the expense of others by saying "Why take 3 drugs in an infusion cycle - when you could be dealing with 2 drugs which taken together in an infusion cycle are equally effective, thereby avoiding unnecessary side effects?"... that tells anybody who can read all they need to know about you.

Aortus...I'm Just Dumbfounded
    that you found her post to be "flippant" and "amateurish dismissal".. I think you are reading things into her post that just aren't there.

As for the "hypocritical" face tossed in...ok...but I REALLY ment it as any "eye roll". I think I'm being more honest than you are. You seem a little angree?

And..."Why take 3 drugs in an infusion cycle - when you could be dealing with 2 drugs which taken together in an infusion cycle are equally effective, thereby avoiding unnecessary side effects?" part of her post I believe was JUST A QUESTION!

OK. I'm done commenting on any other post about this.

Once again...Peace & Blessings To ALL!

Sally
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options

I'm sorry but I am not
    I'm sorry but I am not offended by the original post either and agree with Sally that she was trying to defend herself.
    I think it's a shame that someone can't post something without being attacked.
    This site is my safe haven for all my emotions, good or bad and I think some people are making way too much of this.

The most offensive aspect of this entire thread???
    Some IDIOT "flagged" a post written by Aortus. Really??? Aortus?!? Whoever you are - SHAME ON YOU.

What the heck?!? I have never, ever been moved to type out a post such as this one...

Go ahead - I dare you. FLAG this, too. I'll gladly stand right next to, in agreement, Aortus - AND Moopy - any time, anywhere. And if you do "flag" MY post - it'll be a first. And I bet I've been a member here a whole lot longer than you.

I did, indeed, read the "original" post. And WAS highly troubled and offended by its tone. Moved on and away from it, without comment, as has always been my habit here on the board in similar situations.

Without proper formal education, a medical degree, and a license to practice - NO member/patient! here has the right to tell others what they "should" - or shouldn't - choose as specific treatment(s) for a potentially deadly disease such as cancer.

Sheesh...
    24242 Member Posts: 1,398
    Options

The most offensive aspect of this entire thread???
    Some IDIOT "flagged" a post written by Aortus. Really??? Aortus?!? Whoever you are - SHAME ON YOU.

What the heck?!? I have never, ever been moved to type out a post such as this one...

Go ahead - I dare you. FLAG this, too. I'll gladly stand right next to, in agreement, Aortus - AND Moopy - any time, anywhere. And if you do "flag" MY post - it'll be a first. And I bet I've been a member here a whole lot longer than you.

I did, indeed, read the "original" post. And WAS highly troubled and offended by its tone. Moved on and away from it, without comment, as has always been my habit here on the board in similar situations.

Without proper formal education, a medical degree, and a license to practice - NO member/patient! here has the right to tell others what they "should" - or shouldn't - choose as specific treatment(s) for a potentially deadly disease such as cancer.

Sheesh...

Still the same
    I guess I just want to remind people the reason we still are having chemo after all the years is because the success rates are high and getting higher every year. Though cancer treatments are always under fire because the regime hasn't changed too much and yes the horror stories will continue. I am glad I chose life over the side affects even though I got ever last one I am still here...
    Tara
  • greta
    greta Member Posts: 237
    Options
    CSN terms and conditions
    It is a violation of CSN terms and conditions to give medical advice.

Greta
    Your CSN staff
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    greta said:

CSN terms and conditions

Greta
    Your CSN staff

Thank you, Greta!
    I thank my lucky stars for CSN - Breast Cancer board! Without this wonderful site, I would be lost.

Vicki Sam
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Rague said:

It's how you said it
    I didn't see your OP either but from the 2 quotes from it that are posted here, it would seem that it went a lot further than just stating what your treatments had been. Most/Many of us do indeed post what protocol was used with us and there is nothing wrong with that. BUT to advise on TX is another story.

OH, by the by, I'm IBC and was 63 when I did A/C a bit over a year ago, my heart has no problems at all. I'm riding NED.

Susan

I think I am glad I missed
    I think I am glad I missed the original post. But, we all are so different, so unique, and, should follow our own oncologist's recommendations.

Kylez
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Options
    24242 said:

Still the same
    I guess I just want to remind people the reason we still are having chemo after all the years is because the success rates are high and getting higher every year. Though cancer treatments are always under fire because the regime hasn't changed too much and yes the horror stories will continue. I am glad I chose life over the side affects even though I got ever last one I am still here...
    Tara

Hmmmmm
    Well I hesitated to throw my two cents in...but as someone who has been on the board for almost 2 years and was on TAC , I just want to say that Moopy and Aortus are two of the most beloved and respected voices on this site , and if they find a post offensive, then it is with good reason. The point was that we must never denigrate someone else's treatment. Ellen said in her original post that the "A" in TAC was "unnecessary"........Don't tell me my treatment was unnecessary, please,and once someone has pointed out something like this to you..don't compound the issue by being defensive and trying to justify the statement, just say "sorry , I see your point" and move on.
    Dee
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    DIFFERENT STROKES.........
    for different folks! EVERYONE is different.......our cancers may have the same "name" but each is as individual as our very own DNA........soooooooooooo what works for some, doesn't work for others......what doesn't work for some, works for others......that's what is important! Decisons of what type of treatment is best for an individual's bc is a personal decision made with the best medical advice and care that is available to them...... I'm not going to attack or defend anyone.......been attacked myself on this board for discussing the difference between chemo and radiation.......

PERSONALLY I have triple negative Stage II.....or I should say HAD.......I had the taxotere/cytoxan chemo combo......for 4 infusions.......not 6.........see now different even that is? 7 weeks of radiation as compared to those who had 6......again a difference....no one should EVER tell another what they should have treatment wise.......we can ONLY relate our own personal experience. I put my faith and trust in my oncologist........I would have jumped off a bridge if he had told me it would lessen my chances of this beast returning! I wanted anything and everything available to me to fight for my life....So my treatment choices were made by my oncologist and myself.

Different strokes for us all....A candle burning in Poland for someone...........that actually gave me a lump in my throat.....a beautiful sentiment!
    Peace be with each and everyone of you!
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    greta said:

CSN terms and conditions

Greta
    Your CSN staff

Hi Greta! I am staying out
    Hi Greta! I am staying out of this post. I will say that having cancer is horrible, for anyone, no matter what stage, grade or treatment. And, that this site is great!

Leeza
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    jnl said:

Hi Greta! I am staying out
    Hi Greta! I am staying out of this post. I will say that having cancer is horrible, for anyone, no matter what stage, grade or treatment. And, that this site is great!

Leeza

Leeza I as you will reserve
    Leeza I as you will reserve comment other than saying this BC website is great and has brought me thru many trying days with love, information, encouragement, and many cyber hugs. Cancer is horrible and I'm very grateful that I had a place to vent and seek help. We are all so different and require different modes of treatment. Thank God there are more life saving options available to us today. God bless all of us as we battle this ugly beast.
  • cinnamonsmile
    cinnamonsmile Member Posts: 1,187 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

Let me quote from your original post
    "Why take 3 drugs in an infusion cycle - when you could be dealing with 2 drugs which
    taken together in an infusion cycle are equally effective, thereby avoiding unnecessary side effects?"

With all due respect for your "enthusiasm," some people take 3 drugs in an infusion cycle because their oncologist makes that recommendation. You might believe that "you are simply encouraging others" but you are in fact continuing to insult the intelligence of anyone who might disagree with you on the respective merits of TAC and TC.

If you truly believed there is absolutely no "one way to go," you would do better to spare the readers of this forum your personal opinion and leave them to discuss the matter with their oncologists.

confused
    i just dont like to see fighting and arguing on the site.
  • Betsy13
    Betsy13 Member Posts: 185
    Options
    Ladies, PLEASE
    take everything here with a large grain of salt. We all want the same thing...to support one another. Snipping at each other won't help. I think it's absolutely GREAT that this works for Ellen. She was only sharing HER story. Please DO NOT be offended, we are only trying to support one another.

Life is too short, and breast cancer makes us scared it is even shorter. PLEASE read each post as how it is intended...new, different ideas that may help someone or comfort someone.

Please remember what may be offensive to you, may be a comfort to another.

Remember, we are on the SAME team...
    Merry CHRISTmas,
    Betsy
  • wendybia
    wendybia Member Posts: 73
    Options
    enough is enough........

I don't post often and just wanted to say.......

Happy and Healthy New Year !!!!!!

Many blessings and gifts,
    Wendy
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Options
    Ellen, I for one appreciate
    Ellen, I for one appreciate your being willing to share with others. Knowledge is power. Take care, Eil
  • jendrey
    jendrey Member Posts: 377
    Options
    Eil4186 said:

Ellen, I for one appreciate
    Ellen, I for one appreciate your being willing to share with others. Knowledge is power. Take care, Eil

Hmm...
    ...when I learned what chemotherapy drugs then oncologist was planning to use I researched them and found one of the three would have no effect on my particular cancer. In fact, I'd only be getting all of the bad effects like cardio-toxicity, blah-blah blah. So, I mentioned this to the oncologist and he practically dismissed my 'research' out of hand.

That is, until I told him that we were done and that I'd just skip chemo altogether. He then admitted that he too, had just recently became aware of the clinical trial outcome that I'd mentioned to him. Then he said, ok well then you won't get that drug just the other two.

I immediately thought and what about those whom don't have the means or energy to do the in depth research that I did...what about them??? Do they just get this drug that could only ever cause nothing but bad effects and at the same time get no 'benefit' from having taken it??? Because that is the protocol???

I'm still very much at odds with this and I keep thinking: What about them?

In light of this, I was not offended about the above post. However, I can see where others may very well be offended.

I think we're all in this together and we really do try to do the best we can. There are some who are just so much more eloquent at expressing what they are trying to get across than others are with words. It doesn't mean they feel or care any less or more than the next person. It just is.

And at times, sometimes, a person feels they have to justify their position on something because for them at that particular time it's something they just have to do. Sometimes it's the little things that really 'get my goat'.

I get it. (but, I'd let it go rather than give it to you!!!)
  • mom62
    mom62 Member Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Life is too short
    Life is to short for people to be fighting on a board like this. Get over yourselves and get on with your life. It's an open forum for everyone. You don't have to agree with everyone but respect their right to be here. Happy New Year and lets all grow up.
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    jendrey said:

Hmm...
    ...when I learned what chemotherapy drugs then oncologist was planning to use I researched them and found one of the three would have no effect on my particular cancer. In fact, I'd only be getting all of the bad effects like cardio-toxicity, blah-blah blah. So, I mentioned this to the oncologist and he practically dismissed my 'research' out of hand.

That is, until I told him that we were done and that I'd just skip chemo altogether. He then admitted that he too, had just recently became aware of the clinical trial outcome that I'd mentioned to him. Then he said, ok well then you won't get that drug just the other two.

I immediately thought and what about those whom don't have the means or energy to do the in depth research that I did...what about them??? Do they just get this drug that could only ever cause nothing but bad effects and at the same time get no 'benefit' from having taken it??? Because that is the protocol???

I'm still very much at odds with this and I keep thinking: What about them?

In light of this, I was not offended about the above post. However, I can see where others may very well be offended.

I think we're all in this together and we really do try to do the best we can. There are some who are just so much more eloquent at expressing what they are trying to get across than others are with words. It doesn't mean they feel or care any less or more than the next person. It just is.

And at times, sometimes, a person feels they have to justify their position on something because for them at that particular time it's something they just have to do. Sometimes it's the little things that really 'get my goat'.

I get it. (but, I'd let it go rather than give it to you!!!)

Jendrey
    I was afraid of the anthracyclines as well and for the same reason, however, I did the research and found it was to my benefit to take it. Obviously I missed something. Could you please refer to the studies you are talking about so I can see where I went wrong? Thanks
    jan
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    natly15 said:

Leeza I as you will reserve
    Leeza I as you will reserve comment other than saying this BC website is great and has brought me thru many trying days with love, information, encouragement, and many cyber hugs. Cancer is horrible and I'm very grateful that I had a place to vent and seek help. We are all so different and require different modes of treatment. Thank God there are more life saving options available to us today. God bless all of us as we battle this ugly beast.

Natly15
    I agree this site is great for venting, comparing and finding suggestions..
    I did not find this until after the fact (all done with surgery and radiation) but coming here I see how fortunate I was compared to how it could have been-and how everyone handles their own issues. I come here every day just to keep up-wish good thoughts etc...

few things I thought I was the ONLY one...and I am not...(for sure)

we have so much in common and some differences in our treatments, health, support etc.
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    wendybia said:

enough is enough........

I don't post often and just wanted to say.......

Happy and Healthy New Year !!!!!!

Many blessings and gifts,
    Wendy

wendybia-I agree
    HOPE everyone has a better year...better health...