new member question about oral chemo?

Options
sheri3yrs
sheri3yrs Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
hi-i'm new to this site-i looking at a oral chemo treatment series the first of the year- diag in 2007- taxol-surg taxol- then doxil- ?-
and now unable to find a clinical trial - oral chemo is what my M.D. is thinking about-any advice-
my ca 125 yesterdays result now 70-
rapidly climbing.
what do you think about it-?
thank you-

Comments

• nancy591
    nancy591 Member Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    good response
    It appears that you must have had good responses from your previous chemo. Thee are plenty of clinical trials out there. Did you do a clinical trial search? do you know what oral chemo your oncologist is thinking of? Maybe since your ca125 is relatively low and I am guessing you are symptom free your doctor is looking for something mild to knock it back a bit. Maybe save the 'big guns' for a more serious condition?
  • Mwee
    Mwee Member Posts: 1,338
    Options
    welcome
    I don't have any first hand knowledge of oral chemos, but I wanted to stop by and welcome you to the board.
    Maria
  • grammy to bella
    grammy to bella Member Posts: 16
    Options
    Mwee said:

welcome
    I don't have any first hand knowledge of oral chemos, but I wanted to stop by and welcome you to the board.
    Maria

oral chemo
    Welcome to the group! I am new, too and am amazed how many people are going thru the same thing I am, and how supportive they are! I have recently started my 5th line of chemo- the oral drug cytoxan along with the infused drug avastin. The cytoxan is the oral. My first round with these drugs had 100 percent success. My remission was short-lived, which is typical for me. The DR has chosen this again because of the good results last time and the minimal side effects(a little nausea if I don't eat, mild fatigue later in day) Good Luck to you. Let us know the drug you go on. It may help someone else.
  • srwruns
    srwruns Member Posts: 343
    Options
    Welcome, I'm new to the

Welcome, I'm new to the chemo thing (my 3rd infusion will be NEw YEar's Eve) so I don't have an opinion but wanted to say hello. Susan