eyebrpws

Jean T. Szabo
Jean T. Szabo Member Posts: 193
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Does everyone lose their eyebrows when having Chemo? Mine have thinned out but are still here so far. Eyelashes are almost all gone. Hair is gone.

Comments

• Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Jean, I didn't lose mine -
    Jean, I didn't lose mine - they thinned out alot but didn't fully disappear. I think I lost all my eyelashes except one or two scragglers on top & bottom. 7 weeks post chemo i have a full "5 o'clock shadow" on my head, it's fuzzy now instead of stubbly, I have TONS of new eyelashes that are growing in (but taking forever to get long, i just have lots of new eyelash stubbles!), and yesterday I had to shave my armpits again for the first time. My leg hair is coming back too (as well as in my 'lady' area ;) but it's soft. Since it's winter time I'm not too terribly worried about shaving my legs right now...
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • Jean T. Szabo
    Jean T. Szabo Member Posts: 193

Jean, I didn't lose mine -
    Jean, I didn't lose mine - they thinned out alot but didn't fully disappear. I think I lost all my eyelashes except one or two scragglers on top & bottom. 7 weeks post chemo i have a full "5 o'clock shadow" on my head, it's fuzzy now instead of stubbly, I have TONS of new eyelashes that are growing in (but taking forever to get long, i just have lots of new eyelash stubbles!), and yesterday I had to shave my armpits again for the first time. My leg hair is coming back too (as well as in my 'lady' area ;) but it's soft. Since it's winter time I'm not too terribly worried about shaving my legs right now...
    *hugs*
    Heather

Thank you
    Heather: Thank you for you in-put. Think I already look like "Uncle Fester" from the tv show. Really hoping to hold onto the eyebrows.
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member

Thank you
    Heather: Thank you for you in-put. Think I already look like "Uncle Fester" from the tv show. Really hoping to hold onto the eyebrows.

Yes, Jean, I did lose the eyebrows
    I had 6 rounds of TAC and at about treatment 4 I lost the eyebrows. That's when I really felt I looked sick. The hair I could deal with--I had all kinds of cool scarves, but the eyebrows--well, Uncle Fester is a good description. However, I'm 6 months post-chemo and guess what--they're back and full. So, even if you do, chances are they'll be back.

Good luck.

Hugs, Renee
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Jean i lost all my eyelashes
    Jean i lost all my eyelashes and shortly after i lost my eyebrows...thats funny cuz Uncle Fester is a good description...lol! I agree that when those went it was worse than loosing the hair on my head...thats when you really look like a cancer patient...i was not a pretty Fester! My lashes grew back then my eyebrows started to grow back but they are still thin...still waiting for the rest to come back and ive been done with chemo about 7 months or so.
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    I lost about 1/2 my brows
    I lost about 1/2 my brows while on A/C but the rest left on Taxol. IF I remember correctly the same for lashes but I think I lost a few more lashes than brows %wise on A/C. There were 5 weeks between the last (4th) A/C and the start of 12 Taxol.

Susan
  • ccincin
    ccincin Member Posts: 82
    eyelashes?
    How long into treatment are you? I haven't lost any lashes or brows. A week out of second treatment of A.C.
  • Rague
    ccincin said:

eyelashes?
    How long into treatment are you? I haven't lost any lashes or brows. A week out of second treatment of A.C.

other hair on the body can/will leave.

We're all different.

Susan
  • Rague
    ccincin said:

eyelashes?

Sorry - double post
    Susan

Sorry - double post

Susan
  • Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
    Rague said:

Sorry - double post
    Susan

Sorry - double post

Susan

brows and lashes
    I lost my eye lashes 2-3 times. They would grow in then fall out again. I never lost all my brows just thinned a bit. I had 4 A/C and 1 Taxol. It also killed my scent glands so I don't have to use deorderant, which is great with all the hot flashes I have. LOL!
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Sher43009 said:

brows and lashes
    I lost my eye lashes 2-3 times. They would grow in then fall out again. I never lost all my brows just thinned a bit. I had 4 A/C and 1 Taxol. It also killed my scent glands so I don't have to use deorderant, which is great with all the hot flashes I have. LOL!

Thinned
    My eyebrows and eyelashes both just thinned. I never lost them all completely. My eyebrows were really light when they first started coming back but are almost back to normal now. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member

Thinned
    My eyebrows and eyelashes both just thinned. I never lost them all completely. My eyebrows were really light when they first started coming back but are almost back to normal now. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice

I lost mine too. I agree
    I lost mine too. I agree with another post, that's when I looked sick. But I got really good at penciling them in.
    They were one of the first areas to start growing back though.
    Hugs,
    Wanda
    Like Sher, I lost my lashes twice.
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Jean
    I've always had to pluck my eyebrows at least every other day. Since chemo I have not done it once and I have about 1/3 of my old eyebrows left. I have sparse eyelashes. My head never went completely bald. I have some bald spots, some short stubbly dark hair and on top of my head is 1" straight white hair! I have short scattered hair on my legs but nothing to shave. Same with the underarms.
    Char
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hi Jean,
    I didn't lose my eyebrows and my eye lashes only thinned out. I remember tweezing my eyebrows and they came right out, however, they didn't come out on their own. Treated to myself to a waxing (underarm, leg & eyebrow) before my surgery, December 1st. Waxing always lasts longer and so far so good. Hugs, Jean
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Jean 0609 said:

Hi Jean,
    I didn't lose my eyebrows and my eye lashes only thinned out. I remember tweezing my eyebrows and they came right out, however, they didn't come out on their own. Treated to myself to a waxing (underarm, leg & eyebrow) before my surgery, December 1st. Waxing always lasts longer and so far so good. Hugs, Jean

I lost my eyebrows. I went
    I lost my eyebrows. I went to a store called Sephora (ever heard of it) and they helped me. I bought an eyebrow pencil, the brand is Anastasia. It looks just like my eyebrows! it costs about $14...well worth it. I lost my lashes too, but not much to do about that except to wear eye liner, but I rub my eyes too much
  • mollyz
    mollyz Member Posts: 756 Member
    meena1 said:

I lost my eyebrows. I went
    I lost my eyebrows. I went to a store called Sephora (ever heard of it) and they helped me. I bought an eyebrow pencil, the brand is Anastasia. It looks just like my eyebrows! it costs about $14...well worth it. I lost my lashes too, but not much to do about that except to wear eye liner, but I rub my eyes too much

I was on fec for 4
    I was on fec for 4 treatments my eye brows and lashes didn't come out completely they thinned out my hair came out though but in October I started taxotere and my hair started coming back in actually shaved my under arms the other day,I would like to know does your hair come out with radiation? MollyZ