OFF TOPIC: Office holiday parties, anyone?

Options
2»

Comments

• amoccia53160
    amoccia53160 Member Posts: 10
    Options
    Go and have fun!
    Just one piece of cake or a home made cookie....or whatever else is there. Idle chatter with some folks you don't know quite as well. Give blessings that you are employed, alive and that it is being held at work so you really can escape to your computer if you like! xxoo Annette
  • amoccia53160
    amoccia53160 Member Posts: 10
    Options
    Go and have fun!
    Just one piece of cake or a home made cookie....or whatever else is there. Idle chatter with some folks you don't know quite as well. Give blessings that you are employed, alive and that it is being held at work so you really can escape to your computer if you like! xxoo Annette
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

What to do with the perfume?
    Funny you should mention that, Bella Luna...my girlfriend may have come up with a solution:

She was telling me her grandmother swore that the alcohol in perfume was good for keeping ants out of the house. So, whenever her grandmother got perfume as a gift that she didn't want, she would take it outside and spray it around the cracks in the house.

Trace said after Christmas or a birthday she'd find her grandmother out in the backyard, spraying Charlie or Poison on the outside of the house....her grandfather said it made "the outside smell like a French wh_rehouse"!

I think "Lust" would fit right in with that tradition, don't you think?

:-) Traci

OMG...when I was in about
    OMG...when I was in about the 8th grade, I doused myself all too liberally with some delicious (In my teenage mind), hopefully LUSTful eau de cologne. My dad also announced that I ( or perhaps my bedroom) smelled like that same French Wh***House ! I remember asking him how he knew what such a place smelled like. I don't recall getting an answer...
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

OMG...when I was in about
    OMG...when I was in about the 8th grade, I doused myself all too liberally with some delicious (In my teenage mind), hopefully LUSTful eau de cologne. My dad also announced that I ( or perhaps my bedroom) smelled like that same French Wh***House ! I remember asking him how he knew what such a place smelled like. I don't recall getting an answer...

LUST - an answer for Chen
    See now, Claudia -- my girlfriend's grandpa may be a more authoritative source on the subject of French wh**ehouses: He was actually stationed in France during World War II -- and this, ahem, was before he met Grandma.

Every time he would comment on something smelling like a French wh**ehouse, he would turn to his granddaughter and wink and say, "and I know what I'm talking about."

The LUST Update: I actually cracked open the bottle for the first time today and took a sniff -- while I myself have never been anywhere near a French wh**ehouse...yep, if I were to take a guess as to what one might smell like, that would be it!

Traci
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

Go and have fun!

Traci .. Oh the memories ... and cheap perfume
    Thanks you all for the good laugh! I so enjoyed the walk down memory lane -- office politics -- your damned with you don't go along with the little office weenie's. :-)))) LOL

Vicki Sam
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

See now, Claudia -- my girlfriend's grandpa may be a more authoritative source on the subject of French wh**ehouses: He was actually stationed in France during World War II -- and this, ahem, was before he met Grandma.

Every time he would comment on something smelling like a French wh**ehouse, he would turn to his granddaughter and wink and say, "and I know what I'm talking about."

The LUST Update: I actually cracked open the bottle for the first time today and took a sniff -- while I myself have never been anywhere near a French wh**ehouse...yep, if I were to take a guess as to what one might smell like, that would be it!

Traci

Hmmmmm....I never even put
    Hmmmmm....I never even put that oh so obvious 2 and 2 together~ my Dad was also a GI in Europe during WW11, and was within driving distance of France! I shudda known! LOL Thanks for "Duh" moment, Traci!!!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

And, as an afterthought...isn't it amazing how men , joking or not, brag about going to Wh**ehouses? I'm just saying!
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Traci

Traci as I sit here with
    Traci as I sit here with insomnia, indulging in different flavors of chocolate I think Santa's reindeer woke me up, I started reading about all this Lust. Leave it to you. You are so funny - I too have never been to a French you know what, but if you say "yep" thats what it might smell like I absolutely must believe you. Glad that horrible so called party is Over for you. Now please do enjoy christmas. by the way doesnt that director know that any kind of perfume cheap or not, doesnt go well when you've been thru chemo. It mostly all smells like whorehouse perfume to me.