Hey people, it is Friday, any special Christmas plan for the weekend?

Comments

• ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    pepebcn said:

Yea, right this are your days off isn't .Ketz?
    How long are you going to be there? will you be able to keep posting anytime? .
    Hugs?

2 weeks
    I will be away for 2 weeks, but no worries, I have a blackberry. That is why I have a lot of typos lol. I can't type on this small keyboard. So you can't get rid of me. I am surprised that you all didn't notice that I am posting during the workday lol.
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    lisa42 said:

this weekend
    My husband and I are going to a Christmas Open House tomorrow/Sat. evening. In the morning before then, we have a repairman coming to paint our ceiling and install a new light fixture. He was here last Saturday repairing the hole in our ceiling in one of our downstairs rooms. The kids' bathroom is right above it and we had a flood a few weeks before with water raining down through the ceiling and pouring through the light fixture in the ceiling. At least it will be fixed up for Christmas. Sunday will be church and I'm not sure what else. Not sure about tonight yet, either. The kids have their last day of school today before going on a two week break.

Hope you all have a nice weekend!
    Lisa

Making 35 dozen tamales with
    Making 35 dozen tamales with girls from my granddaughters dance to raise money to go to Las Vegas and LA, for their competition. Going to my granddaughters Christmas dance recital.

My shoulder is SO sore from all the Christmas Cards and wrapping, carrying shopping bags for 11 grand kids......took a vicodin hope it gets to feeling better soon. My 2 year old grand daughter fell asleep on the LR floor last night, picked her up, and that was the needle that broke the camels back. It's always something with me. I need to excercise!!!!!!!!

Enjoy!
  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    Wrapping a couple of

Wrapping a couple of presents and probably shoveling snow on Sunday. At least we'll have a white Christmas! :-)
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    maglets said:

Hi Annie
    wow you have a big weekend ahead there girl .....good for you. I love the idea of a neighbourhood party.

Pepe I put two pictures of the "old" church in expressions for you....hahah now you can see this lovely place. I took this pictures at a wonderful service for Mariners...I think you can see the shipping flags hung round the church. We live on the Great Lakes and a lot of people from this town are sailors so once a year there is a service for the blessing of the Fleet....all the young men and women who are training to be officers file into the church with the Captains in full uniform...it is quite breath taking

have fun Annie....not too much vino...haha

mags

Beutiful Maglets! So you got a naval academy near there?
    I agree about Anne be careful with the vino and if you get it try to have an Spanish one is better and healthier!, Keep away from this American, Argentinian , chilean , or Asussies ones they have to learn a lot from us!. ( even keep away from the Italians l would say) hahahaha!.Only french or Spanish l recommend ! hahahahaha!.
  • pepebcn
    Nana b said:

Making 35 dozen tamales with
    Making 35 dozen tamales with girls from my granddaughters dance to raise money to go to Las Vegas and LA, for their competition. Going to my granddaughters Christmas dance recital.

My shoulder is SO sore from all the Christmas Cards and wrapping, carrying shopping bags for 11 grand kids......took a vicodin hope it gets to feeling better soon. My 2 year old grand daughter fell asleep on the LR floor last night, picked her up, and that was the needle that broke the camels back. It's always something with me. I need to excercise!!!!!!!!

Enjoy!

Vicodin! is not what House likes? Hahaha l don't know the
    similar here I will look for! Hahahaha! When are you thinking to go to LV and LA?
    Hugs Raquel!
  • abrub
    abrub Member Posts: 2,174 Member
    Visiting our moms on Saturday
    We'll visit our elderly moms (93 and 95, both with dementia) tomorrow. They live about 130 miles (200 km from here.)

Sunday, I'll go to the Nutcracker with friends; husband plans to go x-country skiing.

Tonight - romantic dinner with husband........

Alice
  • pepebcn

Wrapping a couple of

Wrapping a couple of presents and probably shoveling snow on Sunday. At least we'll have a white Christmas! :-)

yea! we got not snow in Barcelona but in the central Spain
    they are having lots of problems becouse snow this year! Well, let's se the positive side Nice white Christmas!
    Hugs!
  • pepebcn
    abrub said:

Visiting our moms on Saturday
    We'll visit our elderly moms (93 and 95, both with dementia) tomorrow. They live about 130 miles (200 km from here.)

Sunday, I'll go to the Nutcracker with friends; husband plans to go x-country skiing.

Tonight - romantic dinner with husband........

Alice

Nice to visit moms on this dates!
    Where do they perform Nutcracker Alice? l love Tchaikovsky!
    Hugs!
  • ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    pepebcn said:

Nice to visit moms on this dates!
    Where do they perform Nutcracker Alice? l love Tchaikovsky!
    Hugs!

I love Tchaikovsky too! Okay
    I love Tchaikovsky too! Okay you are my cultural soul mate.
  • pepebcn
    ketziah35 said:

Hahaha!
    thank you Ketz!
    Hugs!
  • abrub
    abrub Member Posts: 2,174 Member
    ketziah35 said:

The Nutcracker is performed all over the US around Christmas
    We have several major productions in upstate NY alone. I'll be going to one in Albany, NY, in a theatre known as "The Egg" because of its shape.

I've always loved this ballet - I used to go every year when I was growing up, and danced in some amateur performances when I was little.

This is a professional performance, but a friend's daughter will be a mouse or a cupcake.

I'll report back!

Alice
  • TMac52
    TMac52 Member Posts: 352
    Just took my 21 yr old son
    Just took my 21 yr old son Christmas shopping He's done. I'll try to get my 18 yr old son to come with me tomorrow. No surprises this year they just have to tell me what they want, dont ave the strenth to shop with the crouds this year. My 29 yr old daughter is easy gift certificates. They don't want anything but for me to be healthy.
    Watching the Patriots beat up on Green Bay Sunday night. Then 2nd round of mop up chemo Monday morning.
    Tom
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Pray for good weather
    As long as the weather isn't too bad, we're going up to Virginia to have an early Christmas party with my family. I REALLY hope we can go! We have to head back early on Sunday, so we can be back in NC in time for a Moravian Love Feast at our church. I have to sing a short solo, and my children's choir is singing, as well!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    pepebcn said:

Vicodin! is not what House likes? Hahaha l don't know the
    similar here I will look for! Hahahaha! When are you thinking to go to LV and LA?
    Hugs Raquel!

I know we are going to
    I know we are going to Disneyland around March 12. Spring break. With all the family. Let's see if we don't go broke, 11 grand kids.

Vegas, next month. I hope to be able to get together with Lisa, Gail and Lori!! Maybe I can borrow my friends second home in Ocean side and we can kidnap Lisa for a weekend! Ladies?
  • ktlcs
    ktlcs Member Posts: 358
    tootsie1 said:

Pray for good weather
    As long as the weather isn't too bad, we're going up to Virginia to have an early Christmas party with my family. I REALLY hope we can go! We have to head back early on Sunday, so we can be back in NC in time for a Moravian Love Feast at our church. I have to sing a short solo, and my children's choir is singing, as well!

*hugs*
    Gail

Big Snowstorm
    possible on Sunday probably turn into nothing, the weatherman down here is rarely correct. Came home from Jamaica on Monday to snow, only and inch or so. I'm not doing much for Christmas since losing my honey to this beast in July will spend this weekend doing odds and ends and then it's up to Mom and Dad's in New Hampshire

Kathy
  • pepebcn
    TMac52 said:

Just took my 21 yr old son
    Just took my 21 yr old son Christmas shopping He's done. I'll try to get my 18 yr old son to come with me tomorrow. No surprises this year they just have to tell me what they want, dont ave the strenth to shop with the crouds this year. My 29 yr old daughter is easy gift certificates. They don't want anything but for me to be healthy.
    Watching the Patriots beat up on Green Bay Sunday night. Then 2nd round of mop up chemo Monday morning.
    Tom

Well the enjoy the weekend as much as you can! Tom.
    Hugs!
  • pepebcn
    tootsie1 said:

Pray for good weather

*hugs*
    Gail

We would like to see pics of that Gail!
    Hugs!
  • pepebcn
    ktlcs said:

Big Snowstorm
    possible on Sunday probably turn into nothing, the weatherman down here is rarely correct. Came home from Jamaica on Monday to snow, only and inch or so. I'm not doing much for Christmas since losing my honey to this beast in July will spend this weekend doing odds and ends and then it's up to Mom and Dad's in New Hampshire

Kathy

I know must be a hard season without hubby I understand!
    Have you been in Jamaica Kathy?. how was that?.
    Hugs!.
    By the way are you in NY or in NJ?
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    maglets said:

Hi Annie
    wow you have a big weekend ahead there girl .....good for you. I love the idea of a neighbourhood party.

Pepe I put two pictures of the "old" church in expressions for you....hahah now you can see this lovely place. I took this pictures at a wonderful service for Mariners...I think you can see the shipping flags hung round the church. We live on the Great Lakes and a lot of people from this town are sailors so once a year there is a service for the blessing of the Fleet....all the young men and women who are training to be officers file into the church with the Captains in full uniform...it is quite breath taking

have fun Annie....not too much vino...haha

mags

Mags
    The church is beautiful! We went to the wine + cheese party last night + it was really nice. I had 2 glasses of white wine, Pepe, but I don't know where they were from - they were served to me in a glass. You need to try some Canadian wines. I just had some delivered yesterday.
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    pepebcn said:

We would like to see pics of that Gail!
    Hugs!

Alice?
    Alice how was the Nutcracker?????

mags