Oh, how I want a big glass of red wine!

sbmly53
sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I haven't had one since January. I forgot to ask my onc if I can. I'm on Arimidex. I've read yes's and no's. Do you or don't you? And, dry or sweet, red or white?

Sue

Comments

• Snowkitty
    Snowkitty Member Posts: 295
    I consider red wine and dark
    I consider red wine and dark chocolate "health foods." Not gonna give up everything. I am on arimidex also.

Cindy
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    I am with the wine drinking
    I am with the wine drinking sisters! My surgeon is not...but I have quality vs quantity issues~ and I live in Wine Country! So yeah...I am lifting a glass to you!!!
  • florist
    florist Member Posts: 45
    chenheart said:

I am with the wine drinking
    I am with the wine drinking sisters! My surgeon is not...but I have quality vs quantity issues~ and I live in Wine Country! So yeah...I am lifting a glass to you!!!

enjoy
    Nothing is better that I know of for taking the edge off!!!
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    florist said:

enjoy
    Nothing is better that I know of for taking the edge off!!!

I dont drink but everything
    I dont drink but everything in moderation I say!
  • cavediver
    cavediver Member Posts: 607
    I'm with you
    I did not drink while on chemo and rads, but now....oh yeah, I enjoy my glass of wine...sometimes red, sometimes white......but all good! I watch what I eat now, but enjoy dinner with a glass of wine! Raising my glass with you.......
  • cookie97
    cookie97 Member Posts: 200
    cavediver said:

I'm with you
    I did not drink while on chemo and rads, but now....oh yeah, I enjoy my glass of wine...sometimes red, sometimes white......but all good! I watch what I eat now, but enjoy dinner with a glass of wine! Raising my glass with you.......

Cheers!
    Cheers is all I can add!
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    cookie97 said:

Cheers!
    Cheers is all I can add!

Enjoy !!! a glass of wine.

• missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Kat11 said:

Sue--I like my wine
    I'm on Arimidex and my onc. says--have a glass of wine or two (just not five or six). I like her thinking. My favs are Pinot Noir for a red, and Chardonnay for a white. I agree with Chen--I'm not giving up everything!

When we meet in NY, let's discuss this over a glass of wine!

Hugs, Renee
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    carkris said:

I dont drink but everything
    I dont drink but everything in moderation I say!

My oncologist says no, but,
    My oncologist says no, but, I do enjoy a good glass of wine. Quality of life wins over quantity in this case.

Jan
  • pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    missrenee said:

Sue--I like my wine
    I'm on Arimidex and my onc. says--have a glass of wine or two (just not five or six). I like her thinking. My favs are Pinot Noir for a red, and Chardonnay for a white. I agree with Chen--I'm not giving up everything!

When we meet in NY, let's discuss this over a glass of wine!

Hugs, Renee

Cheers!!
    My fav is Chardonnay but a good Pinot would be my second choice. I agree, quality of life is important to me. If I want a glass of wine, then I have one!!
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    I love my wine!
    My onc said it was fine as long as I don't over do it. Cheers!
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Sue
    I rarely drink and although I just finished chemo I'm having a glass of red wine for Christmas. Rads don't start until January. Cheers!
    {{hugs}} Char
  • mrs gadget
    mrs gadget Member Posts: 118
    A bottle of red, a bottle of white
    My nurse practicioner said think of it as theraputic and just don't over do it....Enjoy!!
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Mm mmm mmm! So, my choice was
    Valpolicella, naturally - It went so well with the Progresso soup I had for dinner! I smiled with every sip, thinking of all of you, with whom I would love to share a bottle.

(Really) warmest hugs,

Sue
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    sbmly53 said:

Mm mmm mmm! So, my choice was
    Valpolicella, naturally - It went so well with the Progresso soup I had for dinner! I smiled with every sip, thinking of all of you, with whom I would love to share a bottle.

(Really) warmest hugs,

Sue

Glad you enjoyed your wine!

Glad you enjoyed your wine!