Just wanted my family here to know

Options
2»

Comments

• plh4gail
    plh4gail Member Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Sorry you got that news. I
    Sorry you got that news. I will be thinking about you.

Gail
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    I'm putting my arms around you, dearheart....
    not the best news for you, but I'm sure you will straighten it out!

Please let us know if there's anything we can do....

Hugs, Kathi
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options
    lesvanb said:

You all are the best
    and it occurred to me today that I was living a country western song "the hubby came down with the flu...the dog broke her jaw... the windshield got cracked by a rock from a semi....on the highway...and then they told me I have the Big C....and we don't got our Christmas tree...." Though am not going to win any Grammy for my country western songs, been trying hard to keep laughing. I will let you know when the plan gets sorted out. Right now grateful for my medical and support team (which INCLUDES YOU GUYS!) who are taking good care of me.

love, Leslie

You are smart to use humour
    You are smart to use humour dealing with this. Our Christmas tree just went up tonight. When I was growing up, sometimes we didn't get it until Christmas Eve - it would be ~ $1.00! Now it's a little more. Take good care, Leslie, I am thinking of you.
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    sucks!
    I'm so sorry the biopsy came back positive. I pray for comfort and strength for you, time to get your head wrapped around this latest news. I know you will come back fighting as soon as you absorb the shock.
    mary
  • VivianGB
    VivianGB Member Posts: 46
    Options
    lesvanb said:

You all are the best
    and it occurred to me today that I was living a country western song "the hubby came down with the flu...the dog broke her jaw... the windshield got cracked by a rock from a semi....on the highway...and then they told me I have the Big C....and we don't got our Christmas tree...." Though am not going to win any Grammy for my country western songs, been trying hard to keep laughing. I will let you know when the plan gets sorted out. Right now grateful for my medical and support team (which INCLUDES YOU GUYS!) who are taking good care of me.

love, Leslie

Leslie, you're gonna be
    Leslie, you're gonna be okay, I just know it.
    You got some bad news, yet you just put a smile
    on my face with your country song. : )
    Sending strength and positive vibes your way!

Viv
  • CherylHutch
    CherylHutch Member Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your
    Sorry to hear about your biopsy, Leslie. I'm not sure, but I must have missed some previous posts, so I'm not sure where you were at before this biopsy. Were you NED and this was a routine scan or something and they found a spot on your lung? Or is this a new spot amongst others?

Hehe... I don't want to go giving advice or anything without knowing what's going on, but I think what the others have indicated above... there's no need to panic because of this biopsy. Easier said than done, I know. I'm a great one for telling people to take deep breaths and no need to panic, etc., then I go and get the results that my chemo seems to have stopped working and a couple of growths in my lungs have started growing even with the chemo. So do I take a deep breath or two and say, "Soldier on!"?? NOOOOOO! I panic... "The sky is falling, the sky is falling! OMG! This might be it... this might be the end!!" Uh, hello?? Nowhere did anyone indicate this was the end and my oncologist is not concerned, she just says she thinks it would be best if we change chemos, but yes, she thinks it would be a good idea that I have a break between chemos. She said an 8 week break should be fine... if I wanted a longer one, that would be ok too, although if I wanted 6 months or longer, she would think we are playing with danger then. But 8 weeks to rest, get over Christmas, get a port inserted... and away we go. A plan... we have a plan. And that's the important thing... having a plan.

Sooooo, advice... take a deep breath. Crack a couple of jokes. And work it out with your oncologist what your plan will be.

If it is a solitary nodule in your lung, depending on where in the lung it is, you might want to ask your oncologist if you would be eligible for an RFA (radio frequency ablation) procedure. Those are the most amazing procedures... you go in, have it done (sometimes with a general anesthetic but depending on where in the lung it is, sometimes you just need sedation) and you are home the same day. No pain, no fuss, no muss... and the little bugger gets zapped so that all that is left is scar tissue... which over the next year will end up being absorbed.

Oh darn it... there I went offering an opinion/advice without having a clue what is going on. Ignore my babbling but know that I'm thinking of you :)

Cheryl
  • ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    lesvanb said:

You all are the best

love, Leslie

G'day Les
    Sorry about the scan result and particularly the timing. Hang tough mate,wishing you the best .Ron.
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Options

Sorry to hear about your
    Sorry to hear about your biopsy, Leslie. I'm not sure, but I must have missed some previous posts, so I'm not sure where you were at before this biopsy. Were you NED and this was a routine scan or something and they found a spot on your lung? Or is this a new spot amongst others?

Hehe... I don't want to go giving advice or anything without knowing what's going on, but I think what the others have indicated above... there's no need to panic because of this biopsy. Easier said than done, I know. I'm a great one for telling people to take deep breaths and no need to panic, etc., then I go and get the results that my chemo seems to have stopped working and a couple of growths in my lungs have started growing even with the chemo. So do I take a deep breath or two and say, "Soldier on!"?? NOOOOOO! I panic... "The sky is falling, the sky is falling! OMG! This might be it... this might be the end!!" Uh, hello?? Nowhere did anyone indicate this was the end and my oncologist is not concerned, she just says she thinks it would be best if we change chemos, but yes, she thinks it would be a good idea that I have a break between chemos. She said an 8 week break should be fine... if I wanted a longer one, that would be ok too, although if I wanted 6 months or longer, she would think we are playing with danger then. But 8 weeks to rest, get over Christmas, get a port inserted... and away we go. A plan... we have a plan. And that's the important thing... having a plan.

Sooooo, advice... take a deep breath. Crack a couple of jokes. And work it out with your oncologist what your plan will be.

If it is a solitary nodule in your lung, depending on where in the lung it is, you might want to ask your oncologist if you would be eligible for an RFA (radio frequency ablation) procedure. Those are the most amazing procedures... you go in, have it done (sometimes with a general anesthetic but depending on where in the lung it is, sometimes you just need sedation) and you are home the same day. No pain, no fuss, no muss... and the little bugger gets zapped so that all that is left is scar tissue... which over the next year will end up being absorbed.

Oh darn it... there I went offering an opinion/advice without having a clue what is going on. Ignore my babbling but know that I'm thinking of you :)

Cheryl

Leslie, not the best time to have such news, please let us
    know your plan , im sure ut will work<!.
    hugs and prayers!.
  • Crow71
    Crow71 Member Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear this Leslie.
    Sorry to hear this Leslie. On to the next phase.
    Take Care
    Roger
  • lizzydavis
    lizzydavis Member Posts: 893
    Options
    Crow71 said:

Sorry to hear this Leslie.
    Sorry to hear this Leslie. On to the next phase.
    Take Care
    Roger

Leslie,
    Leslie,

We are here for you and You will get through this. Another challenge - You can do it. Please keep us updated.

Sending you lots of good thoughts and love,

Lizzy
  • Sonia32
    Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Sending
    love and hugs your way.
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator