My body doesnt like me

2»

Comments

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    jo jo said:

Thank you ladies!
    Cynthia wow your a wealth of information! Thank you!
    Now im a little worried cuz i have all of these symptoms but 2 of them.
    Of course i have the swelling, gradual onset of pain, it does hurt worse when i bend my foot/ankle and i have horrible cramping at night in my calves and feet and at the site its got a bluish tint to it but it doesnt look like a bruise.
    So its really not red and i dont think its warm to the touch.
    I do want to thank you ladies that told me not to rub it cuz i had no idea thats a big no, no!

Cynthia i had no idea that tamoxifen had so many of these side effects!
    Again thank you ladies

Kind in mind that they list
    Kind in mind that they list almost all of the possible side effects. Almost every drug has its own lengthy list. This does not mean that you personally will have any side effects, but you should be aware. Each of us has a completely unique body made up of thousands of different chemical reactions. How I react to a drug may not be how you react at all.

As I said before, compared to cancer, my side effects with tamoxifen were easy to live with.

But, as others have said, 1 of the bigger, badder possible problems with tamoxifen is blood clots. They are not common, but, you might want to get that foot checked--especially if you have the clot symptoms I listed.

I was on tamoxifen 7 years and never had any of the serious problems. But I do believe it is important, especially when you have an unexplained symptom, to go back and review the drugs that you are on and their side effects. And talk with you healthcare provider about your concerns.
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    JoJo... I have to agree with
    JoJo... I have to agree with another sister who said you are positive. You are so upbeat and positive. Your winning attitude shines through time after time.

I will pray the doctors figure out what the matter is with your ankle. And that they figure out how to do away with the pain and swelling.
    BL
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member

Symptoms
    Here are the symptoms of blood clots (in legs):

"Symptoms occur in the affected leg when a clot obstructs blood flow and causes inflammation. Symptoms may include the following:

•Swelling

•Gradual onset of pain

•Redness

•Warmth to the touch

•Worsening leg pain when bending the foot

•Leg cramps, especially at night

•Bluish or whitish discoloration of skin
    However, almost 30%-50% of individuals with deep vein thrombosis do not experience symptoms from the condition."
    Blood Clots in Legs

Please see a doctor...
    ... as soon as possible! With or without insurance.

If you have a blood clot(s) - it can be very dangerous.

Please pay attention to the last notation in CypressCynthia's post!

I know from personal experience. Had 2 leg blood clots a little over a year ago. Because my own symptoms were not "usual" - at the first doctor appointment, diagnosed as a simple ankle sprain. A week later, leg ultrasound determined 2 clots. Blood clots need to be treated!

Again, please see a doctor, quickly. And, I truly hope you do not have clots. But, you really need to be certain.

Kind regards, Susan
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175 Member
    Monday i will call the doc
    Monday i will call the doc and try to get an appointment since it could be something serious, though hopefully i will be walking out of that office feeling stupid cuz it was nothing to be worried about! Here's to hoping for feeling stupid...hehe!

Seriously, which doc do i set the appointment with...my onc or my family doc?
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    jo jo said:

Monday i will call the doc and try to get an appointment since it could be something serious, though hopefully i will be walking out of that office feeling stupid cuz it was nothing to be worried about! Here's to hoping for feeling stupid...hehe!

Hi JoJo, You didn't scare
    Hi JoJo, You didn't scare me! Please don't think you did! I have scared myself reading about side effects.
    I love reading these posts and always make up my own mind anyway.
    Just wanted to clear that up.
    Merry Christmas and I'm searching for the Tin Man's phone number as we speak!
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    jo jo said:

Either one is probably ok.
    Either one is probably ok. If they are worried, they will probably send you to do an ultrasound.
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175 Member

Hi JoJo, You didn't scare
    Hi JoJo, You didn't scare me! Please don't think you did! I have scared myself reading about side effects.
    I love reading these posts and always make up my own mind anyway.
    Just wanted to clear that up.
    Merry Christmas and I'm searching for the Tin Man's phone number as we speak!
    Hugs,
    Wanda

Wanda im so glad you have
    Wanda im so glad you have that attitude...sometimes i scare myself too!
    We can probably find the tin man in Kansas with Dorothy or maybe even in OZ!!!!

Thanks again Cynthia!
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

Please see a doctor...
    ... as soon as possible! With or without insurance.

If you have a blood clot(s) - it can be very dangerous.

Please pay attention to the last notation in CypressCynthia's post!

I know from personal experience. Had 2 leg blood clots a little over a year ago. Because my own symptoms were not "usual" - at the first doctor appointment, diagnosed as a simple ankle sprain. A week later, leg ultrasound determined 2 clots. Blood clots need to be treated!

Again, please see a doctor, quickly. And, I truly hope you do not have clots. But, you really need to be certain.

Kind regards, Susan

I agree with Susan, please
    I agree with Susan, please see a doctor Jo Jo. This could be something dangerous and it might not be, but, you really need to find out.

Hugs, Diane