Celebrating Casey Alexander Martinez - Gone one year December 15th

creampuff91344
creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hard to believe it has been one year since we lost Casey to infant reflux disease. He is still missed by all who knew this little guy, and his life was celebrated in a big way in the Houston area on his birthday (September 21st), with the Mayor proclaiming it Casey Alexander Martinez day. We still miss our little Casey, but I wanted to report that my granddaughter and her husband welcomed another son to their family in October 2010, Noah Adrian, and he is a perfectly healthy little boy. God doesn't send us more than we can handle, and this new child is a true blessing. I haven't gotten to see Noah yet, but they are coming after Christmas to visit. Merry Christmas to all...hugs, Judy

Comments

• missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Dear Casey is your little angel up in heaven now.
    So sorry for your loss, Judy. I can't imagine the grief of losing a sweet, innocent little baby.

I am so happy, though, about Noah. Hoping he brings everyone years of joy. I bet you can't wait to see and hold that little boy.

Merry Christmas,
    Renee
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    HUGS!
    Merry Christmas to you and yours Judy, it will be special to have little Noah with you this year what a true blessing. In my minds eye I see little Casey hugging Noah before he arrives and telling him what a special family he is entering.

Much love to you and yours,

RE
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Thank you for sharing Casey
    Thank you for sharing Casey and honoring his memory with us.

Hugs,

Linda
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Judy
    although one grandson doesn't replace another I know you will always keep Casey close to you in your memories and heart :-)
    {{hugs}} Char
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    cahjah75 said:

Judy
    although one grandson doesn't replace another I know you will always keep Casey close to you in your memories and heart :-)
    {{hugs}} Char

Judy im with Char in her
    Judy im with Char in her statement. Couldnt of said it better!
    My nephew lost his 2 month old baby a few years back to a heart condition and i see how it still effects him...he is still not understandably over it and probably will never be. I think loosing an infant is one of the hardest to deal with no matter how your related to it. There are no words that can make the hurt, or missing them go away.
    Just enjoy your new blessing and i'll be thinking of you!
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    jo jo said:

Judy im with Char in her
    Judy im with Char in her statement. Couldnt of said it better!
    My nephew lost his 2 month old baby a few years back to a heart condition and i see how it still effects him...he is still not understandably over it and probably will never be. I think loosing an infant is one of the hardest to deal with no matter how your related to it. There are no words that can make the hurt, or missing them go away.
    Just enjoy your new blessing and i'll be thinking of you!

Casey will always be in your
    Casey will always be in your heart. Losing children is so difficult and it is something I don't think it is something that we every totally get over. It is comforting to know that they had a healthy baby and I can't wait until you take pictures of you holding baby Noah. I hope that your holiday is filled with family, love and good health.
    Stef
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Oh Judy,
    I was going to say

Oh Judy,
    I was going to say it doesn't seem possible that a year has gone by~ thank you for reminding us, difficult as it must be for you and Casey's darling parents. Noah is a blessing, special and unique ~ and of course not at all a replacement. A gift of epic proportion!
    I can't help but think that after the Great Flood, the one entrusted with family life was also named Noah...

May you all be blessed~you deserve it.

Happiest of Holidays,
    Chen♥
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Dear Judy,
    I know this has to be a very hard day for you and your entire family. Sending prayers to all of you and a big cyber hug. Merry Christmas to you too! Hugs, Jean
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    I'm sad and happy at the same time.....bittersweet memories...
    I'm sending my biggest hugs....for Casey, Noah, you, and all of your family!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    cahjah75 said:

Judy
    {{hugs}} Char

I am so sorry about Casey.
    I am so sorry about Casey. Keep holding onto the wonderful memories.

Hugs, Susie
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Judy,
    I can't even imagine. I am so happy that another baby came to bask in all the love his parents have to give.

Sue
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

Thank you for sharing Casey
    Thank you for sharing Casey and honoring his memory with us.

Hugs,

Linda

So sorry
    Yes, thanks for sharing the wonderful memory of your sweet Casey.

Hugs,Diane