Breast cancer survivor group meeting

Jean 0609
Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I just got home from the Breast Cancer Survivor Group Meeting that I attend once a month. We had a little Christmas celebration and everyone bought a dish. Had some yummy stuff. I received another ornament to put on my tree. A local school had their students make ornaments and they decorated a tree for us. We were all able to pick an ornament and bring it home. Mine was a clear ornament painted white & red and "2010" in the middle and it was filled with glitter. There was a note attached "You and your family will be in my thoughts this holiday season!" It was a nice time.

Even though I like going to this group, the ladies are great, they are not my CSN family. I get much more information and feel very close to a lot of you on here. Even though we haven't met face to face, there is a connection. Hugs, Jean

Comments

• Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    I've never been to one Jean,
    I've never been to one Jean, but, I am thinking that maybe one day I will. My cancer center has a large support group there. Sounds like you had a good time, but, nothing can replace the sisters in pink on here. I agree with you on that!

Hugs, Lex
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Me Neither
    The closest support group for me is either in Columbia, MD which is too far for me to drive alone at night in the dark, or at the ACS in Gambrills, MD. There is nothing at my local hospital. We have a community room where I live and I had been wondering if there were other women in my community who have had the beast and if they would be willing to walk up to the room once a week or monthly. I have gotten to go-ahead from our Manager to use the room but like the procrastinator that I am, I have not done a thing. Maybe its because I have not been feeling so well lately. I have developed a heart murmur, along with the broncitis and COPD and am unable to walk from my living room to the kitchen without stopping to breathe. Tests start next week to see exactly what the problem is. Merry Christmas ho ho ho.

Pat
  • Brooklynchele
    Brooklynchele Member Posts: 123
    Nice option
    It's nice that you have a group to go to if you care to. The "local" groups to me all meet during the weekedays. Since I work, it's never possible for me to attend. It would be nice if there were support/survivor groups that met at times convenient for those of us that still work. Oh, well.
    Glad you had a pleasant time!
    Hugs,
    Michele
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    padee6339 said:

Me Neither
    The closest support group for me is either in Columbia, MD which is too far for me to drive alone at night in the dark, or at the ACS in Gambrills, MD. There is nothing at my local hospital. We have a community room where I live and I had been wondering if there were other women in my community who have had the beast and if they would be willing to walk up to the room once a week or monthly. I have gotten to go-ahead from our Manager to use the room but like the procrastinator that I am, I have not done a thing. Maybe its because I have not been feeling so well lately. I have developed a heart murmur, along with the broncitis and COPD and am unable to walk from my living room to the kitchen without stopping to breathe. Tests start next week to see exactly what the problem is. Merry Christmas ho ho ho.

Pat

Hi Pat,
    Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. Hope everything turns out okay next week with your tests. Hope you begin to feel better and have a very Merry Christmas! Hugs, jean
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Jean
    as you said it's nice to have a support group to go to but here we spill our guts and talk about everything. Can you feel the love?????
    {{hugs}} Char
  • KathyLQ
    KathyLQ Member Posts: 100
    Jean, I also went to a BC support group
    Jean, I also went to a BC support group last night, the first time to this particular one. It is organized/moderated by the CancerLifeline, and I think it will be good. They meet monthly and often bring in speakers. I tried a different one over a month ago, and no one showed up. But you have to keep trying.

CancerLifeline has different support groups for different kinds of cancer, and a website www.cancerlifeline.org.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    cahjah75 said:

Jean
    as you said it's nice to have a support group to go to but here we spill our guts and talk about everything. Can you feel the love?????
    {{hugs}} Char

I am glad that you went to
    I am glad that you went to this support group Jean. I bet you will enjoy it even more every time you go back.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas.

Hugs, Diane