Not BC related - Season related

Rague
Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Our G-daughter already has more than she needs and Hubby and I decided that what we would be spending on each either would go to neighbor kids. I need some ideas for 'Santa' gifts for 2 boys in one family, probably 6 (or 7) and (10 or 11). The girl, I've decided on a 'bead box' and My Little Pony - unless a better idea. But the boys, I have no idea (our younger Son is 32). I've gotten no input from the Mother really. The other Mother, has given me sizes and said that her boys NEED warm clothes so that's what I'll do with them. Though to me - Christmas is 'toys' or what you 'love'. My ideal max per family is $150 (shhh thats's what I tell Hubby but that's not 'set in stone').

Ideas!

Susan

Comments

• rainbow4
    rainbow4 Member Posts: 137
    boy gifts
    How about Legos or Duplos, espec. for the younger boy. They come in many sizes these days; some with little figures (saw one the other day with a castle on the front, warriors included). For the older boy, a remote-control vehicle of some sort (include extra batteries!). Check out Target's toy area - lots of ideas.
    -rainbow4
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    toys for the boys
    My grandson's 4 & 6 are mad about legos and anything Star Wars, they love to shoot hoops (perhaps a basketball or a football to toss around)we also got them a pop guns $10.00 each at The Bass Outlet store, they love games like Cootie, Don't Break the Ice (each cost about $7.00 at Target) Hungry Hippo and Trouble they love to play with Nerf Guns and Nerf SLing shots, baseball caps are always a hit as is their own personal flash light. Okay off the top of my head thats all I can come up with. Oh yeah if there is a fishing hole close by my grandson's love their superman fishing poles and yes we spoil them because their parents cannot. This is extremely nice of you to do!

Hugs,

RE
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    That is very nice of you to
    That is very nice of you to do :) I'm sure the parents are extremely grateful for you to do that! I know my nephews also like transformers, the zhu zhu pets, and the crayola crafts (the glow dome, glow board). And you can never go wrong with cars & trucks.
  • pinkflutterby
    pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member
    RE said:

toys for the boys
    My grandson's 4 & 6 are mad about legos and anything Star Wars, they love to shoot hoops (perhaps a basketball or a football to toss around)we also got them a pop guns $10.00 each at The Bass Outlet store, they love games like Cootie, Don't Break the Ice (each cost about $7.00 at Target) Hungry Hippo and Trouble they love to play with Nerf Guns and Nerf SLing shots, baseball caps are always a hit as is their own personal flash light. Okay off the top of my head thats all I can come up with. Oh yeah if there is a fishing hole close by my grandson's love their superman fishing poles and yes we spoil them because their parents cannot. This is extremely nice of you to do!

Hugs,

RE

how wonderful of you!
    those paper jams are pretty neat and it seems boys would like them. I agree on the legos my son at that age loved them and my friend's son loves them he is 9. Also any type of ball, basketball, football, baseball, skateboards (but then you need helmets and knee pads too) My son also loved fishing poles and the gear that goes with that. Can't forget matchbox cars!!!!

How inspiring!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Oh, you deserve such a big
    Oh, you deserve such a big hug for this! What a huge heart you have!! How about sports equipment if they are interested. My grandson loves transformers. How about a bike or skateboard. Some sort of video game. Remote controlled vehicle or plane. Hmmm that's all I can think of right now. They are going to be sooo happy!!
    jan
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    My nearly six year old
    My nearly six year old grandson loves transformers, playmobile knights and dragons (actually anything playmobile), Star wars and firetrucks. I think most 10 and 11 year olds love legos. I think that doing a blend of needed clothing and a toy for the one family would be nice. Shopping sales should allow you to have enough to get them a "special" something. Every child wants some toys at Christmas.
    I think what you are doing is so wonderful. I never thought about choosing a family to help out. It makes it so personal and you can share the happiness. I do give toys to Toys for Tots and coats to a local coat drive and I used to pick a teen on the angel tree at my work. Teens, especially foster kids are so often forgetten. Jazzton gave two toys to his school's toy drive. We explained that Santa has to bring some children clothes and everyday items instead of toys because their parents might not have jobs right now and that we could be Santa helpers and give them toys. Jazzton was so proud to be helping and loved putting his two toys in the box in the school office. He told the secretary that she had to keep them a secret. LOL
    Susan you have such a good heart and this just reflects what a truly lovely caring woman you are. Any family would be fortunate to have you as their Santa. I am so proud to call you friend.
    Stef
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    I don't have many suggestions
    but I was looking for a toy for a boy age 6-7 for a giving tree in our area. I ended up with a Toy Story 3 stunt set. what I did was go to the toy aisle and ask a little boy that was there with his mother. I figured who would know better!
    that is a really nice thing that you are doing and I am sure it will be greatfully accepted.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    ladyg said:

I don't have many suggestions
    but I was looking for a toy for a boy age 6-7 for a giving tree in our area. I ended up with a Toy Story 3 stunt set. what I did was go to the toy aisle and ask a little boy that was there with his mother. I figured who would know better!
    that is a really nice thing that you are doing and I am sure it will be greatfully accepted.

Hugs,
    Georgia

Great ideas
    I can't really add to the ideas, you have gotten some great ones! I just wanted to say how wonderful you are to be doing this. A child with no gifts at Christmas just breaks my heart. It is so hard now days for some families to buy though. God Bless you for your generosity.
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    I don't have any ideas for
    I don't have any ideas for you that haven't already been mentioned...I'm deeply touched by your generosity.

Merry Christmas,

Linda
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Susan
    how nice of you to do this. For the boys I highly recommend Legos! As for warm clothes sweatshirts are great.
    {{hugs}} Char