Does Herceptin End

kya911
kya911 Member Posts: 157
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
With the last chemo? Or are we on it longer?

Comments

• smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    I finished chemo on Oct 12 &
    I finished chemo on Oct 12 & I am still on Herceptin and will be for a year from start to finish. Every three weeks for 18 treatments. Them on Arimidex for 5 years. hope this helps Take care Kay
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hi kya,
    I am in the same boat as Kay. I had 4 chemo treatments with Herceptin, but have to continue the Herceptin for 1 year (total of 18 treatments). I will finish in June, 2011. If it's any help, I have no side effects whatsoever with the Herceptin alone. Do you have a port? I do, because of having to go for a year of treatments. It's a blessing. Hang in there. Hugs, Jean
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Talk to your DR.
    I'm HER2- but my understand is that it for a year. There are plenty who are HER 2+ that can give you info. I'm ER+ so have 5 years of Femara.

Susan
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Jean 0609 said:

Hi kya,
    I am in the same boat as Kay. I had 4 chemo treatments with Herceptin, but have to continue the Herceptin for 1 year (total of 18 treatments). I will finish in June, 2011. If it's any help, I have no side effects whatsoever with the Herceptin alone. Do you have a port? I do, because of having to go for a year of treatments. It's a blessing. Hang in there. Hugs, Jean

Same as the other sisters in PINK .. 1 year for
    Herceptin .. even tho I had severe side efforts with TCH .. and they continued while I was on Herceptin alone .. my side efforts did let up .. a little each month. Of course, my dripping eye, and running nose continued for another 3 month .. after herceptin had finished.

Good thing was .. 1 week after herceptin and scans came back clear .. I had my port "victor" removed! I had such issues with my port, infections .. rashes, irriability .. my port was located on my upper inside right arm. Not the perfect place for insertion, for me (just my opinion).

Strength and Courage

Vicki Sam
  • Grandma X 6
    Grandma X 6 Member Posts: 135
    Herceptin
    Kay
    I am HER2 Postive I was on Herceptin for a year once every 3 weeks. It only took an hour. No major side effects just a little achey. No big deal and the year went by fast, just hang in there. I finished mine in Sept.this year. I had a lumpectomy with no node involvement. I am wishing you a happy and healthy Holiday. Cindy