Checking In

Options
Cindy54
Cindy54 Member Posts: 452
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Hello to all the ladies on this board. I have missed keeping up with so many of you. I no longer have my internet at home, so it is hit and miss at the library. This has been a year of great change for me. After losing my job of 22 years, I got one job that was part time, graduated from school with my associate degree, traveled a bit...got to see the ocean!!! And now have a job of 3 months at a hospital doing patient registration. It is full time with benefits!!!

I am still cancer free!! And even though I will be having another surgery next year for hernia repair and removal of some suspicious areas on my liver, I am so glad to be on this earth still. Many days were hard because I was anemic. Had iron injections and am happy to say I now have normal iron levels. I am not saying any of this to boast, because I truly did not do this on my own. So many people have prayed for me that those prayers have carried me this far. I hope to honor God and all my prayer warriors for the rest of my life. I am thankful that I found this board because I made so many friends here. And I am grateful for all the insights these friends shared with me.

Nothing on this journey has been easy. But I have found that the cancer has given me a chance to make the most of my time on this earth and to love the people who come into my life, no matter how brief their visit is.I miss so many of you. But you have taught me to look forward no matter what. And I thank you for this.

God Bless and take care of each other, Cindy

Comments

• Mwee
    Mwee Member Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Hi Cindy
    So wonderful to hear that you are still cancer free and enjoying life. This is indeed a hard road, but sounds like you are making the absolute most of it. I'm so happy for you.
    (((HUGS))) Maria
  • nancy591
    nancy591 Member Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Great to hear!
    Glad you are doing well.
  • clamryn
    clamryn Member Posts: 508
    Options
    Wonderful
    Cindy, This is wonderful. So glad for you. I too have learned that each day is a precious gift from God. God Bless you and take care.

Linda