New 'diagnosee' is looking for info.

Options
2»

Comments

• Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Options
    Welcome Lin
    I sorry you're here, but glad you found this site. Theres a wealth of caring, sharing and cyber hugs. Also jokes and sometimes serious discussions.
    How are you doing now? The "shock and awe" can last a bit. Hope your doing a little better.
    I'm not familiar w spindle cell, but maybe someone will chime in. I think I heard awhile back there is around 32 different breast cancers. Everyones treatment is different and everyone has different reactions.
    I HAD stage 3c, er and pr positive, her2 positive and 18/20 nodes positive. That was a yr and a half this month. It seemed like a dream to me. Had all the "cocktails" and 32 rounds of rads. I tried to be active. Hiked up until 7 round of chemo. Muscles and body was to fatigued, so switched to long walks. Guess my advice is just listen to your body and oncoligist. Drink lots of fluids. I worked also. I only have a part time job. Missed one day. My main concern was being nauseated. I have to say I was never nauseated, but felt "full". They have wonderful drugs to help prevent nausea.
    Im sorry, probably jumping the gun. Just want to let you know everyone here is wonderful and will with you through the ups and downs. Take care and keep updating us. Will say a little extra prayer for you and your family for strength and peace. Katz
    Just looked at this. I do have a tendacy to babble. lol
  • pbrndm5
    pbrndm5 Member Posts: 83
    Options

How long is the wait for pet
    How long is the wait for pet and bone scan results? And, I don't even know yet what partial breast radiation is... I'm trying to learn all the terms, I guess that's how I'm trying to deal with it at this point. It does look like people all have different reactions to treatment but there is the possibility of working, even part time. Yes, I can stay in touch... thanks for your post.

pet scan results
    I had my scans last week and I have an appointment after Christmas with mu surgeon to discuss the results. It seems like it's all a waiting game. Partial breast radiation is only for 6 days, but twice a day and u need to have a tube inserted into your breast that stays there to put the radiation into the tumor area instead of the whole breast. As of right now that's the plan, but I guess it could all change after surgery.

I feel for you because I know it's so confusing and they (the Dr's)throw everything at you all at once. I can tell u that u should keep a journal so you can right down questions and your feeling and it's all together in one place..that helped me get through the first few weeks. Now at least I can talk about the cancer without crying.

As far as working, I'm going to wait and see what my reactions are to everything

Keep in touch!
    Denise
  • Annette 11
    Annette 11 Member Posts: 380
    Options
    Sorry about dx
    Welcome, our club is very supportive and caring, you will never be alone with sisters here to help you with your BC journey! 36 hours ago, well of course your mind is racing with all sorts of questions but you'll get the answers in time. I will tell you what I went through. I found out I was dx with BC cancer in June after a core biopsy, then had numerous scans, tests,a few set backs then finally I had a bilateral masectomy WithOut reconstruction in Aug. started chemo therapy in Sept. and just completed chemo 4 weeks ago. I had chemo every 3 weeks. I did ok during treatment. The first week after chemo is the hardest but then I felt better but before I knew it, it was time for the next chemo. Sorry, I don't know about radiation or the type of cancer you have. I just want to say I hope you do well during your treatments and we are here for you 24/7. Keep a journal of all your bloodwork,reports,etc. It will come in handy to have everything at your finger tips.
    Hugs
    Annette
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options

Sorry about dx
    Welcome, our club is very supportive and caring, you will never be alone with sisters here to help you with your BC journey! 36 hours ago, well of course your mind is racing with all sorts of questions but you'll get the answers in time. I will tell you what I went through. I found out I was dx with BC cancer in June after a core biopsy, then had numerous scans, tests,a few set backs then finally I had a bilateral masectomy WithOut reconstruction in Aug. started chemo therapy in Sept. and just completed chemo 4 weeks ago. I had chemo every 3 weeks. I did ok during treatment. The first week after chemo is the hardest but then I felt better but before I knew it, it was time for the next chemo. Sorry, I don't know about radiation or the type of cancer you have. I just want to say I hope you do well during your treatments and we are here for you 24/7. Keep a journal of all your bloodwork,reports,etc. It will come in handy to have everything at your finger tips.
    Hugs
    Annette

Hi, We are all different
    Hi, We are all different even if we've had the same treatment plans so I would just try and be strong and fight this beast! We are always here for you.
    God Bless,
    Wanda
  • Findingout
    Findingout Member Posts: 132
    Options
    Katz77 said:

Welcome Lin
    I sorry you're here, but glad you found this site. Theres a wealth of caring, sharing and cyber hugs. Also jokes and sometimes serious discussions.
    How are you doing now? The "shock and awe" can last a bit. Hope your doing a little better.
    I'm not familiar w spindle cell, but maybe someone will chime in. I think I heard awhile back there is around 32 different breast cancers. Everyones treatment is different and everyone has different reactions.
    I HAD stage 3c, er and pr positive, her2 positive and 18/20 nodes positive. That was a yr and a half this month. It seemed like a dream to me. Had all the "cocktails" and 32 rounds of rads. I tried to be active. Hiked up until 7 round of chemo. Muscles and body was to fatigued, so switched to long walks. Guess my advice is just listen to your body and oncoligist. Drink lots of fluids. I worked also. I only have a part time job. Missed one day. My main concern was being nauseated. I have to say I was never nauseated, but felt "full". They have wonderful drugs to help prevent nausea.
    Im sorry, probably jumping the gun. Just want to let you know everyone here is wonderful and will with you through the ups and downs. Take care and keep updating us. Will say a little extra prayer for you and your family for strength and peace. Katz
    Just looked at this. I do have a tendacy to babble. lol

all your support
    Thanks to all of you for your comments! They are invaluable. I had my first consultation yesterday and my ex-mate came with me; as an engineer male it was good to have his input, and I recorded the whole thing! They're recommending mastectomy, then 4-6 months chemo, then 'possibly' radiation.
    The tumor is spindle cells and focal squamous differentiation.... the doctor said they can't say if it's a sarcoma or a carcinoma, or metaplastic, until they remove it, however they're going to treat it like a more typical breast cancer since that's where it's growing. It's almost 4 cm and too close to the skin for a lumpectomy to be feasible.
    Anyway, it's helpful to read about how each of you has experienced chemo; having an idea what to expect is a comfort (go figure!) And no one's jumping the gun here, my chemo will start probably in Feb. My friend is going to introduce me to two of her neighbors, both had mastectomies in the past 2 months! What an epidemic.
    So anything you can share, the good and the bad, about mastectomy experiences will also be appreciated. That's the monster staring me in the face at the moment. Sentinel nodes will be removed for testing.
    I went on a hike today after work, decided to do as much physically in the next few weeks before the operation! Reading that you hiked during chemo gives me hope that life won't come to a screeching halt. My hugs to you all, Lin