Options
2»

Comments

• dee1962
    dee1962 Member Posts: 99
    Options
    1Teresa said:

thanks VickiSam
    but my mom is still alive. She is in 24/7 pain but I am trying to keep her doped up so she doesnt feel it as bad. The dr has pretty much given up on her though. I "think" she will still be here for Christmas (but I wouldnt bet my daughter's life on it) and as to if she will be here Jan 31st (my daughter's birthday) is anyone's guess.

Yesterday I had to have her taken to the ER with extreme pain and a new tumor that I could actually feel at the bottom of her right side rib cage. She is 72 years old. She has a touch of pnemonia right now and if she coughs or vomits it could brake a rib or even her back. I was pretty ticked last night when the dr wouldnt admit her (despite the ER dr and nurse wanting her admitted) and because of that I came off kinda harsh at the idea of not taking chemo because of temporary hair loss. This cancer is very serious stuff, and imho anyone ESPECIALLY stage 4 should not play around with it.

will do what i have to do
    1Teresa i'm sorry about your mom and what has happened , I get what your saying and I will stick to whatever the Dr. tells me sometimes i just need a little push.... Thanks VickiSam and everyone else on this site you girls are the best..... Love Dee1962
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options
    dee1962 said:

1Teresa i'm sorry about your mom and what has happened , I get what your saying and I will stick to whatever the Dr. tells me sometimes i just need a little push.... Thanks VickiSam and everyone else on this site you girls are the best..... Love Dee1962

Dee, I can't really add anything
    to what all the girls have said except feel free to come on this forum and vent anytime--we are all pulling for you here and understand how terribly frustrating this must be.

I'm sending positive energy and heartfelt prayers to you, Dee.

Hugs, Renee
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    missrenee said:

to what all the girls have said except feel free to come on this forum and vent anytime--we are all pulling for you here and understand how terribly frustrating this must be.

Hugs, Renee

I know it is hard to
    I know it is hard to reconcile. I think sometimes, "I dont have boobs" and its hard to wrap my brain around that fact. I would not like not knowing when or if my hair will come back. having said that, would you rather be bald or dying? Many people have to deal with life altering physical changes. people who have lost limbs in the war etc... accidents, fires, Not judging you, it is something I have to tell myself. It really sucks, and I am sorry. I hate this sneaky disease. One thing that gives me hope is perhaps there are new less radical treatment down the line. Ones that you can use a milder form of chemo and a new drug so you can keep your hair. when I first started there was no herceptin, tamoxifen was just started to be used, aromatase inhibitors etc... So although it seems like for always perhaps not.The PARP inhibitors are showing promise. I think its great your family doesnt agree with you. means they love you and want you around. Means they love you just the way you are. However we are here and we get it. I think some of it is accepting that cancer has come back, but beat that monster down!!!!!! HUGs!!!!!
  • 1Teresa
    1Teresa Member Posts: 67
    Options
    dee1962 said:

You have all my love and support
    Dee Im sorry, and really wish you the best and join you in the hatred of this awful disease. This thread struck a nerve with me only because I see the extreme devestation of it in a person I love more then anything in the world. And I see it every minute of everyday because I am taking care of her and living with her to the end, I even quit work so I could take care of her all the time. For your family, please do whatever the Dr. says (((hugs)))
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    1Teresa said:

You have all my love and support
    Dee Im sorry, and really wish you the best and join you in the hatred of this awful disease. This thread struck a nerve with me only because I see the extreme devestation of it in a person I love more then anything in the world. And I see it every minute of everyday because I am taking care of her and living with her to the end, I even quit work so I could take care of her all the time. For your family, please do whatever the Dr. says (((hugs)))

re reading your post I see its only been two months since being re diagnosed. give yourself time to adjust to this. We are here!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Yes, Dee, I can agree with
    Yes, Dee, I can agree with you on that. It's a quality of life issue, and I don't blame you for not wanting to lose your hair again. I'm glad to hear that it is working, though, and that things are getting better.
    The hair loss is a really big thing for some of us, I'm 6 weeks post chemo & while my hair is growing back, it's not doing it nearly as fast as I'd like it to ;) and my eyelashes are still missing in action.
    I do understand why you would want your chemo changed, though, and would probably feel the same way if it were me.
    *hugs & hugs*
    Heather

I do understand Dee and I am
    I do understand Dee and I am so sorry. You just do what is best for you. That is what matters most.

Sending hugs,

Jan
  • kit kat
    kit kat Member Posts: 56
    Options
    carkris said:

re reading your post I see its only been two months since being re diagnosed. give yourself time to adjust to this. We are here!

Hi there, finished chemo 12
    Hi there, finished chemo 12 weeks ago. Eyebrows and eyelahes thinned alot. Fell out completly at 8 weeks after chemo. Used falsies you, can get them at walmart, or here in new york ,Sally beauty supply com.i asked reconstruction doc for" Latiisse "1 weeks ago ,Lashes are growing in, 108.00 at Rite aid. Check for coupons on line.I work under the people. that is the worst not having lashes .go get your free make up demo at the ,look good feel better program.Bless us all
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    missrenee said:

Hugs, Renee

Just sending you hugs and to
    Just sending you hugs and to let you know that you are in my prayers Dee.

Hugs, Diane