Gemzar working for me!!

Options
beth1465
beth1465 Member Posts: 63 Member
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
After one treatment with Gemzar, my CA-125 went from 720 to 437. Yipee!! And all my blood work is normal. My main side effect has been constipation, with just a teeny bit of nausea. I'm stoked! I want to see single digits this time!

Comments

• upsofloating
    upsofloating Member Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear Gemzar is
    Glad to hear Gemzar is working for you! It has worked for me as well. Ca125 continued up while on Doxil then hit high of 658 end of April, by end of June it was 30, then Jul ,15. Took a vacation too early and back up, 65 then 111, last week it was 14!

Here's to single digits for you!!!
    Annie
  • Mwee
    Mwee Member Posts: 1,338
    Options
    YEAH!!
    I'm so happy to hear about your results from Gemzar..... I'm stoked for you! I also have the constipation issues with Gemzar and very little nausea. What a wonderful holiday gift lower CA-125s are.
    (((HUGS))) Maria
  • beth1465
    Options

Glad to hear Gemzar is
    Glad to hear Gemzar is working for you! It has worked for me as well. Ca125 continued up while on Doxil then hit high of 658 end of April, by end of June it was 30, then Jul ,15. Took a vacation too early and back up, 65 then 111, last week it was 14!

Here's to single digits for you!!!
    Annie

Yay! Your getting close to
    Yay! Your getting close to single digits! So how long can you stay on this drug? My MD just told me he wants to do 2 treatments past normal. I know with the carbo/taxol he stopped after 8.

Beth
  • beth1465
    Options
    Mwee said:

YEAH!!
    I'm so happy to hear about your results from Gemzar..... I'm stoked for you! I also have the constipation issues with Gemzar and very little nausea. What a wonderful holiday gift lower CA-125s are.
    (((HUGS))) Maria

Thanks! Yes it is great
    Thanks! Yes it is great going into the holidays with good news. Hope your numbers keep going down! Didn't you just finish with Gemzar or are you still on?

Beth
  • srwruns
    srwruns Member Posts: 343
    Options
    beth1465 said:

Thanks! Yes it is great
    Thanks! Yes it is great going into the holidays with good news. Hope your numbers keep going down! Didn't you just finish with Gemzar or are you still on?

Beth

So happy for you! Down down
    So happy for you! Down down down...with that pesky little road marker!
  • clamryn
    clamryn Member Posts: 508
    Options
    Gemzar alone???
    Beth, are you taking just the Gemzar? Or, do you take it with something else?

Linda
  • lindaprocopio
    lindaprocopio Member Posts: 1,980
    Options
    clamryn said:

Gemzar alone???

Linda

Linda: that's what I was thinking instead of 'just Avastin'.
    When I read your other post about your insurance only covering 1 chemo, I was thinking "Why not just Gemzar, instead of just Avastin?" My blood counts tank so quickly anymore that my oncologist's strategy is to give each chemo as a single agent by itself. If carbo (which I started Thursday) doesn't do the trick for me, I think they'll try "just Gemzar" as my next chemo. But I sure do hope the carbo does the trick!!
  • Disneynutt
    Disneynutt Member Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    YAY!
    YAY! That's so great.
  • beth1465
    Options
    clamryn said:

Gemzar alone???

Linda

Yes Gemzar alone. It's a 28
    Yes Gemzar alone. It's a 28 day cycle, so I get it for 3 wks then have a wk off.