JUICING

Options
2»

Comments

• dee1962
    dee1962 Member Posts: 99
    Options

Blender
    I don't have a juicer but I do have a blender and make wonderful shakes. I have carrot shakes a couple of times a week. I did not do this when I was getting chemo treatment.

Oh ok well i guess i have to
    Oh ok well i guess i have to wait and see if they ever let me be done with this chemo idk might have to do it for ever.......yuck hate when they say that one day i have to make a really big decision cause i can't see myself doing this for ever.....
  • aeglechylde
    aeglechylde Member Posts: 2
    Options
    juicing
    I've been juicing for about two years before any health problems came up. My partner, who is also a breast cancer survivor also swears that the juicing we do really helped keep her strength up during chemo. I am on tamoxifen now and fatigued all the time. We are both dependent on the juice and supplements and know they help us. We have a healthmaster blender which blends all of the parts of the fruits and vegetables up. we use Asparagus, spinich, carrots, celery, tomatoes, bananas, apples, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, nuts [various] and dilute the "paste" with organic juice [various flavors]...we add organic aloe vera fillet which is a digestive enzyme and macro greens or green lightning [source of life] from the nutrition store. Sometimes we kick it up with red pepper or ginger root as well and apple cider vinegar [Braggs]. PS we can feel it when we miss a day. We take high doses of vitamin B and C because together they kick up the immune system, we also take magnesium, high doses of vitamin D, selenium, and ginko biloba. By taking this juice you guarantee that you get the necessary vegetarian vitamins you need...not quite margaritaville...but I would be lost without it. :)
  • aeglechylde
    aeglechylde Member Posts: 2
    Options
    juicing
    I've been juicing for about two years before any health problems came up. My partner, who is also a breast cancer survivor also swears that the juicing we do really helped keep her strength up during chemo. I am on tamoxifen now and fatigued all the time. We are both dependent on the juice and supplements and know they help us. We have a healthmaster blender which blends all of the parts of the fruits and vegetables up. we use Asparagus, spinich, carrots, celery, tomatoes, bananas, apples, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, nuts [various] and dilute the "paste" with organic juice [various flavors]...we add organic aloe vera fillet which is a digestive enzyme and macro greens or green lightning [source of life] from the nutrition store. Sometimes we kick it up with red pepper or ginger root as well and apple cider vinegar [Braggs]. PS we can feel it when we miss a day. We take high doses of vitamin B and C because together they kick up the immune system, we also take magnesium, high doses of vitamin D, selenium, and ginko biloba. By taking this juice you guarantee that you get the necessary vegetarian vitamins you need...not quite margaritaville...but I would be lost without it. :)
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options

juicing

Couldn't agree MORE =)
    People say they don't have time, it takes about then minute. The way I do it, is I buy a bunch
    of greens andveggies. When I get home I wash them and put the leafy greens in a container
    with a little of water on the bottom, this keeps them fresh. So in the morning all I have to do
    is pull them and throw them in my juicer, if I am running late, I clean it in the evening.

I too take high doses of vitamin C and B. I drink the emergency packs.

The way I do it is drink the veggies I don't use much, such as Kale or chard. And the one's I
    love broccoli,spinach, I still eat as an added bonus. I make sure one meal is a nice raw salad
    and go crazy with it!! Pomegranate seeds, almonds, hummus..

Sprouts are a great source, you can get the sweet pea sprouts or spicy radish sprout, your pick.

Thanks for the tip with aloe vera, I will check it out.

I too really feel the lack of my juice.

Hugs,
    Ayse
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    my hubby go juicer for xmas
    any suggestions of recipts! we just wing it tossing misc things in!?