Gemzar question

Options
confuzzled
confuzzled Member Posts: 21
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Has anyone who's had Gemzar ever experienced any side effects 8 to 9 days after receiving the drug? I had my first dose with Carbo on Nov 26th and then the single dose a week later on Dec 3rd. I have just recently developed what looks likes a rash/blood spots on my arms and legs and I'm short of breath just walking 10 to 15 feet. It doesn't seem right that I am having a reaction to the chemo now.

Help????

Jane

Comments

• upsofloating
    upsofloating Member Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I'm on Gemzar alone, wkly 3
    I'm on Gemzar alone, wkly 3 of 4 wks., now on 8th cycle. Platelet count is watched closely w/ Gemzar which controls blood clotting. Do you get weekly blood counts to monitor this? I am experiencing increasing issues with marked lightheadedness to point of collapsing on exertion recently. Haven't brought issue up w/doc yet but I plan too. I've not had any rashes however. Blood counts would be my main concern for you.
    Annie
  • beth1465
    beth1465 Member Posts: 63 Member
    Options

I'm on Gemzar alone, wkly 3
    I'm on Gemzar alone, wkly 3 of 4 wks., now on 8th cycle. Platelet count is watched closely w/ Gemzar which controls blood clotting. Do you get weekly blood counts to monitor this? I am experiencing increasing issues with marked lightheadedness to point of collapsing on exertion recently. Haven't brought issue up w/doc yet but I plan too. I've not had any rashes however. Blood counts would be my main concern for you.
    Annie

Annie, I'm on the same as
    Annie, I'm on the same as you, I start my second cycle today. Is it working for you? I will find out today if my CA-125 has gone down any. I've hardly had any side effects, just constipation.

Beth
  • confuzzled
    confuzzled Member Posts: 21
    Options
    Got my answer today
    Went to the doctors today for a checkup and blood work for Thursday's chemo and they found that I am severely anemic, which is why I've had the shortness of breath and the dizzy spells.

Annie definately contact your doctor and let them know you are having these problems, it sounds like you are having the same problem I am.

Jane