New nipple update

Jean 0609
Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Just an update. Had my nipple (left breast) done the same day as my exchange surgery. My plastic surgeon told me husband to warn me that the nip would be bigger at first (because it was swolen). Needless to say, I was a little afraid to take a look. It really wasn't that bad and is actually looking kind of good 11 days later. My breast is still a little hard, but my ps said it will get softer. I actually had no pain at all from my breast surgery (also had a "lift" of my right breast). The only pain I had was from my belly button, where they removed my ovaries and fallopian tubes. TaTa for now. Hugs, Jean

Comments

• Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Wow how lucky are you that
    Wow how lucky are you that you had your nipple done the same day!! Glad to hear you're feeling well & that it's looking good! I have an appt with my plastic surgeon in a month to get my nipple surgery date set!
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • Jean 0609

Wow how lucky are you that you had your nipple done the same day!! Glad to hear you're feeling well & that it's looking good! I have an appt with my plastic surgeon in a month to get my nipple surgery date set!
    *hugs*
    Heather

Hey Heather,
    When you had your exchange, did your boobs still feel a little hard for awhile? My ps said that they would get softer. Just naturally assumed they would come out squishy! Hugs back at you dear pink sister. Jean
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Jean 0609 said:

Hey Heather,
    When you had your exchange, did your boobs still feel a little hard for awhile? My ps said that they would get softer. Just naturally assumed they would come out squishy! Hugs back at you dear pink sister. Jean

Jean wow you had all that
    Jean wow you had all that done in one surgery...lucky you!
    Im glad it turned out good for ya!
    Im not Heather but when i had my exchange they were a little stiff yet, not squishy at all...but yes they do soften up over time. But to me they havent softened up enough yet but im having problems with my muscles relaxing cuz of my frozen shoulder. Im sure they would be much softer by now if i didnt have that problem.
    So just give it a little time Jean im sure they will get that somewhat squishy feeling to them. :)
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Jean 0609 said:

Hey Heather,

Yes Jean, they're still kind
    Yes Jean, they're still kind of hard. They have softened up a bit, but i had a follow up with my plastic surgeon last week & he said they still have LOTS of softening up to do. He has me massaging all around the perimeter of my boobs 3x a day, says that will help. And probably a bit of TMI - but the entire perimeter of my boobs is HUGE - I have a pic on my phone of a 375 cc hi-profile implant taken at my Dr office at my appt, and i have 800cc hi profiles in - i SO want to see what my size implant (alone, not put in) looks like but I can't find any pics. THese things are really big around!
  • Jean 0609
    jo jo said:

Jean wow you had all that
    Jean wow you had all that done in one surgery...lucky you!
    Im glad it turned out good for ya!
    Im not Heather but when i had my exchange they were a little stiff yet, not squishy at all...but yes they do soften up over time. But to me they havent softened up enough yet but im having problems with my muscles relaxing cuz of my frozen shoulder. Im sure they would be much softer by now if i didnt have that problem.
    So just give it a little time Jean im sure they will get that somewhat squishy feeling to them. :)

Thanks jo jo
    I guess I was just wishing that they would automatically be squishy. You have had yours for awhile now, are you satisfied. What size implant did you get?
  • Jean 0609

Yes Jean, they're still kind of hard. They have softened up a bit, but i had a follow up with my plastic surgeon last week & he said they still have LOTS of softening up to do. He has me massaging all around the perimeter of my boobs 3x a day, says that will help. And probably a bit of TMI - but the entire perimeter of my boobs is HUGE - I have a pic on my phone of a 375 cc hi-profile implant taken at my Dr office at my appt, and i have 800cc hi profiles in - i SO want to see what my size implant (alone, not put in) looks like but I can't find any pics. THese things are really big around!

Thanks Heather,
    Can you forward me the pic of the 375 cc. I'm curious now. If you still don't have my # let me know.
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Jean
    sounds like you are definitely on the mend. So happy for you that nipple looks ok. Your belly button will heal too :-)
    {{hugs}} Char
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Jean 0609 said:

Thanks jo jo
    I guess I was just wishing that they would automatically be squishy. You have had yours for awhile now, are you satisfied. What size implant did you get?

I got my exchange in July so
    I got my exchange in July so about 5 months ago. They put in the biggest size they could for me which was 410CC's which is about a 36C...I would of liked them a little bigger but the doc said no and she didnt want me to be top heavy and fall over so a 36C is were im at.
    I got the silicone...gummy bear like implants. You can see them on facebook when i posted my pic of my hair growing back and first went topless. (my head, not my boobs are topless...just wanted to clarify that).
    I think i would be satisfied if like i said my muscle would let the implant relax like it should but honestly at the moment im not satisfied cuz they are still a little harder than i expect them to be and they are not moving naturally like they should...but again its from my muscles contracting around them.
  • Jean 0609

Hey Heather,
    Thanks for posting that on facebook. Yes, it is bigger than I thought. Since I only had a mastectomy of my left breast, I opted for a reduction (38DD) of my right breast. Was shooting for a solid C cup. When I had my exchange surgery last week, they put in a 550 cc implant, and a lift for my rightie. Was shooting for two perky breasts!
  • Jean 0609
    jo jo said:

I got my exchange in July so
    I got my exchange in July so about 5 months ago. They put in the biggest size they could for me which was 410CC's which is about a 36C...I would of liked them a little bigger but the doc said no and she didnt want me to be top heavy and fall over so a 36C is were im at.
    I got the silicone...gummy bear like implants. You can see them on facebook when i posted my pic of my hair growing back and first went topless. (my head, not my boobs are topless...just wanted to clarify that).
    I think i would be satisfied if like i said my muscle would let the implant relax like it should but honestly at the moment im not satisfied cuz they are still a little harder than i expect them to be and they are not moving naturally like they should...but again its from my muscles contracting around them.

Thanks again jo jo,
    Yes, your boobs look good on the picture. Hope you get some relief soon. Hugs, Jean
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

*hugs*
    Heather

Great to know that you are
    Great to know that you are feeling so well. Wishing you continued fast healing and sending hugs and positive thoughts.

Leeza
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    cahjah75 said:

Jean
    sounds like you are definitely on the mend. So happy for you that nipple looks ok. Your belly button will heal too :-)
    {{hugs}} Char

Jean .. wonderful information and advise from the
    other 'exchange' Warriors. I too had my exchange performed on 7/21/10 -- had a little lift to my right breast on 9/29/10 - I don't have the hardness - however, I opted for Saline implants.

It is truly a miracle what PS can do for we ' Breast Cancer - Warriors '. I feel and look - better (minus my incisional scarring) than before. Perky! Yes, loving feeling like a women again - I can't wait for the final phase .. nipples and/or tattoo's -- still trying to figure out which option will be best for me.

Rest, continued strength and enjoy your new matching 'set'.

Strength and Courage

Vicki Sam
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

*hugs*
    Heather

Hoping that your new ta ta's
    Hoping that your new ta ta's will be all that you want Jean. You have been through so much and praying you recover fully very soon.

Hugs, Kylez