Elizabeth Edwards had my surgeon

Lighthouse_7
Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am reading her book "Saving Graces" and was surprised to read that Barbara Smith was also the one who told her that she had breast cancer. Dr. Smith is an angel and I've always had the utmost trust in her and it was nice to read that Elizabeth felt the same way about her.
What a remarkable woman Elizabeth was and how brave after all she went through.

Comments

• Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    Why does it make you feel better, but it does
    Why does it make you feel better when a "famous person" has the same doctor as you do? Maggie Daley's(wife to Mayor Dailey -- Chicago) breast oncology surgeon is Dr. Keven Bethke, who is also my doctor. Maybe it makes us feel better because we know that we have one of the best doctors taking care us.

I have not read her book "Saving Graces". I do not that much about Elizabeth but what I do know about her, I like.

Hugs,
    Janelle
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member

Why does it make you feel better when a "famous person" has the same doctor as you do? Maggie Daley's(wife to Mayor Dailey -- Chicago) breast oncology surgeon is Dr. Keven Bethke, who is also my doctor. Maybe it makes us feel better because we know that we have one of the best doctors taking care us.

I have not read her book "Saving Graces". I do not that much about Elizabeth but what I do know about her, I like.

Hugs,
    Janelle

Hi Janelle,
    I think you're

Hi Janelle,
    I think you're right, it makes me feel good to know I was in good care.
    She lost her son in a tragic accident also and she had to be very strong.
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Hi Janelle,
    I think you're

Hi Janelle,
    I think you're right, it makes me feel good to know I was in good care.
    She lost her son in a tragic accident also and she had to be very strong.
    Hugs,
    Wanda

I have heard good things
    I have heard good things about your surgeon. I also have a wonderful surgeon in Boston.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

Hugs,
    Janelle

I am planning on getting her
    I am planning on getting her book and reading it. I have been so impressed with all that I have read about Elizabeth.

Sounds like you have a great doctor!

Leeza