Hi everyone...I miss you all!!!!!

jo jo
jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I havent been on for awhile tryin to deal with some of my own issues...Physically and emotionally its been a little rough.
I wish i could say i have been on a tropical island somewhere soakin up the sun and drinkin strawberry daquires...yumm! But in reality its been a real bummer :(
I lost my health insurance...got sick with a sinus infection and bronchitis which put me down for weeks...im still dealing with a severe frozen shoulder wich by the way is just getting worse without my therapy and now the holidays...they are a little rough this year.
With loosing my Gpa and my cuz/sister...im still dealing with that.
For thoughs who remember, me and Stacy were suppose to have lunch just before she passed...so call me crazy but i have lunch with her often! I take my lunch up to her gravesite and sit there under her tree (even in the freezing cold) and talk to her and also cry, sometimes even laugh...Crazy isnt it? But thats how im dealing with it, despite the odd looks i get from other people passing thru, but i just look back at them and smile...make them think im really crazy...hehe!
It was a good feeling to know i was missed by you guys after seeing the post...I draw alot of strength from this board...from all you ladies out there and want to thank you for that!

Comments

• smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Oh JoJo We have missed you
    Oh JoJo We have missed you allot. And think of you all the time. I don't think your crazy at all. I'm sure Stacy, would have done the same. We all do what we need to when we loos a loved one. I am so sorry you haven't been feeling well. All better from that now? I thought they were going to go in and free your shoulder surgically?
    Well just remember we are all here when ever you need us. And next time you go to lunch with Stacy, bring a big blanket because we will all be there with you both.
    Take care JoJo, See ya next time you can check in. Merry Christmas, Kay
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member

Oh JoJo We have missed you allot. And think of you all the time. I don't think your crazy at all. I'm sure Stacy, would have done the same. We all do what we need to when we loos a loved one. I am so sorry you haven't been feeling well. All better from that now? I thought they were going to go in and free your shoulder surgically?
    Well just remember we are all here when ever you need us. And next time you go to lunch with Stacy, bring a big blanket because we will all be there with you both.

I'm so sorry...
    you are still having such a difficult time. In CT there are several clinics who use a sliding scale for services. Do you have them in your area? I have had 2 frozen shoulders in the past and I know how much pain you must be in. The pain can be unbearable at times. Especially dressing and pulling up spanx lol. My fractured shoulder has healed but I am still going through therapy to regain full use. I hope another sister will have ideas for how to get free pt. Once again, health care is an issue in our care. I have health insurance but so many can't afford it. This has to stop. Along with your grieving you have to stuggle with your health. How are you dealing with the follow-up for your bc?
    I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Roseann
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hey jo jo,
    Glad to hear from you. Sorry you are having a difficult time. As you can see, we are all still here for you. Sending positive thoughts & prayers your way. Hugs, Jean
  • cavediver
    cavediver Member Posts: 607
    good to hear from you
    JoJo it is good to hear from you. Sorry you are having such a rough time...but know we have all thought of you and continue to do so. The holidays can be very hard on us......missing loved ones and just the extra emotion it all brings out. Insurance is just another issue! Not having it, or having the insurance company not approve tests or procedures your dr. wants sucks....just no other way to say that. Hopefully you can get some relief for your shoulder soon. And have all the lunches you want with Stacey.....whatever you need to do is ok..........and so is crazy :-) Take care, and keep in touch.....hugs
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    JoJo, I have missed you! So
    JoJo, I have missed you! So nice to have you back. I don't think you're crazy at all. You have been through a lot of adversity and still your spirit shines through. I am so sorry for the rough times. Wish you were here so we could give you a big group hug!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

JoJo, I have missed you! So nice to have you back. I don't think you're crazy at all. You have been through a lot of adversity and still your spirit shines through. I am so sorry for the rough times. Wish you were here so we could give you a big group hug!

Misty Jo .. You are such a strong and wonderful
    WARRIOR - Sister in Pink .. we've missed you and your sense of humor! I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your health insurance - it sucks .. going thru the same thing. What sucks more .. is the fact that once we get sick .. we stay sick for a while .. no quick recovery.

I would like to ask you to rest and take care ..but, I know its hard to do when you're stressed all the time, not to mention your frozen shoulder. I wish I had some positive information of suggestions for you. As much as it hurts, you must move your frozen shoulder everyday.

Better times ahead for you.

Strength and Courage,

Vicki Sam
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    you're not nuts!
    Hi jo. Grief is the worst thing to go through. I'm still grieving for my Mom and Dad even after 20 years. They are the reason I'm not afraid of this cancer crap. I'll see them again one day so I have no fear. Just keep faith and keep on keeping on. I've also been away awhile. Hope you feel better soon.
  • AMomNETN
    AMomNETN Member Posts: 242
    So Sorry
    JoJo,
    I'm so sorry for all you are having to deal with. It is good to have you back on the board. Hang in there. Amazing how everyones lives revolve around insurance coverage or lack thereof. One day at a time, is there any way you could work out something for you shoulder with your therapist?
    Janie
  • sal314
    sal314 Member Posts: 599 Member
    So Good To Hear from You!
    You've been missed on this board!! I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough time. But it sounds like you are handling it the way you need to! There is no "right" or "Wrong" way to deal with grief. As long as you allow yourself to feel whatever it is you are feeling, that's the thing to do. SO...let everyone who drives by as you sit and chat to your cuz think you're crazy! Who cares!! It's kind of fun messing with other people's minds anyway, right?!! LOL.

Hang in there. Things are bound to get better. Just take care of yourself and know that prayers are said for you often!!! Have an extra daquire might not hurt either! LOL.

Blessings,

Sally
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    sal314 said:

You've been missed on this board!! I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough time. But it sounds like you are handling it the way you need to! There is no "right" or "Wrong" way to deal with grief. As long as you allow yourself to feel whatever it is you are feeling, that's the thing to do. SO...let everyone who drives by as you sit and chat to your cuz think you're crazy! Who cares!! It's kind of fun messing with other people's minds anyway, right?!! LOL.

Hang in there. Things are bound to get better. Just take care of yourself and know that prayers are said for you often!!! Have an extra daquire might not hurt either! LOL.

Blessings,

Sally

So good to hear from you, JoJo
    You surely have been missed. I think it's wonderful that you're frequently having lunch with Stacy. My belief is that she knows you're there. What a way to honor her spirit!

I hate that you have so much negative to deal with right now. I'm hoping you can find some peace and comfort in the things and people you love.

Hugs and prayers, Renee
  • jo jo

Hi Kay
    Im am getting better as far as the sinus infection and bronchitis but its not gone yet...it just doesnt want to let go of me yet!
    Yes, i was just in the process of talking with the doctor about this (the surgical procedure) when i lost my insurance, so nothing has happened since then...in a way im glad i didnt have it done yet cuz if they would of broke my arm doing it i would be up a creek without a paddle sort of speak!
    I dont know why i have never thought about taking a blanket with me...duh...but i certainly know you ladies are with me! Thank you Kay!
  • jo jo
    roseann4 said:

I'm so sorry...
    you are still having such a difficult time. In CT there are several clinics who use a sliding scale for services. Do you have them in your area? I have had 2 frozen shoulders in the past and I know how much pain you must be in. The pain can be unbearable at times. Especially dressing and pulling up spanx lol. My fractured shoulder has healed but I am still going through therapy to regain full use. I hope another sister will have ideas for how to get free pt. Once again, health care is an issue in our care. I have health insurance but so many can't afford it. This has to stop. Along with your grieving you have to stuggle with your health. How are you dealing with the follow-up for your bc?
    I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Roseann

Hi Roseann
    Im so sorry you know all to well what im going thru with a frozen shoulder...how difficult even dressing is and the pain...ouchy! My Physical therapist did let me come in a couple times for free and as much as i appreciate her kindness it really wasnt doing any good cuz as you well know it has to be constant therapy to make a difference.
    I havent seen a doctor since the end of October...so there hasnt been any follow ups but im hoping (keeping my fingers crossed that i get insurance by January?) heres to hoping!!!
  • jo jo
    Jean 0609 said:

Hey jo jo,
    Glad to hear from you. Sorry you are having a difficult time. As you can see, we are all still here for you. Sending positive thoughts & prayers your way. Hugs, Jean

Jean your as kind as
    Jean your as kind as ever...thank you!
  • jo jo
    cavediver said:

good to hear from you
    JoJo it is good to hear from you. Sorry you are having such a rough time...but know we have all thought of you and continue to do so. The holidays can be very hard on us......missing loved ones and just the extra emotion it all brings out. Insurance is just another issue! Not having it, or having the insurance company not approve tests or procedures your dr. wants sucks....just no other way to say that. Hopefully you can get some relief for your shoulder soon. And have all the lunches you want with Stacey.....whatever you need to do is ok..........and so is crazy :-) Take care, and keep in touch.....hugs

Cavediver...coming from
    Cavediver...coming from someone who knows all to well about grieving since you lost your good freind around the time i lost Stacy...how are you doing?

WOW you said it, insurance co's SUX...but heres to hoping i will have it again by January so i can get on the path of getting back the use of my arm and the other stuff too. Thanks Cavediver!
  • jo jo

Feeling the hugs
    Feeling the hugs Cynthia...and ive missed being on here and seeing all you wonderful and beautiful ladies!
  • jo jo
    laurissa said:

you're not nuts!
    Hi jo. Grief is the worst thing to go through. I'm still grieving for my Mom and Dad even after 20 years. They are the reason I'm not afraid of this cancer crap. I'll see them again one day so I have no fear. Just keep faith and keep on keeping on. I've also been away awhile. Hope you feel better soon.

Im totally NUTS...Laurissa!
    I like being Nuts...it means im one of a kind...hehe!

Laurissa i love hearing from you...Im keeping the faith and im keeping on...time has to do the rest!
  • jo jo
    AMomNETN said:

So Sorry
    JoJo,
    I'm so sorry for all you are having to deal with. It is good to have you back on the board. Hang in there. Amazing how everyones lives revolve around insurance coverage or lack thereof. One day at a time, is there any way you could work out something for you shoulder with your therapist?
    Janie

Hi Janie
    Yes it SUX the way insurance has the ability to do that...but my therapist let me come in a couple of times for free but with a frozen shoulder it has to be constant therapy to work, but hopefully i might have insurance again by January?
  • jo jo
    sal314 said:

Blessings,

Sally

Daquire...yummy!
    Sally your great and you havent lost your senceof humor...no its kind of fun messin with people that drive/walk by while im talking to myself or laughin at my self...but funny how those crazy looks turn to pity when your crying?
  • jo jo
    missrenee said:

So good to hear from you, JoJo
    You surely have been missed. I think it's wonderful that you're frequently having lunch with Stacy. My belief is that she knows you're there. What a way to honor her spirit!

I hate that you have so much negative to deal with right now. I'm hoping you can find some peace and comfort in the things and people you love.

Hugs and prayers, Renee

Miss Renee...its so good to
    Miss Renee...its so good to hear from you...i always like reading posts from you...your an inspiration!
  • jo jo
    VickiSam said:

Misty Jo .. You are such a strong and wonderful
    WARRIOR - Sister in Pink .. we've missed you and your sense of humor! I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your health insurance - it sucks .. going thru the same thing. What sucks more .. is the fact that once we get sick .. we stay sick for a while .. no quick recovery.

I would like to ask you to rest and take care ..but, I know its hard to do when you're stressed all the time, not to mention your frozen shoulder. I wish I had some positive information of suggestions for you. As much as it hurts, you must move your frozen shoulder everyday.

Better times ahead for you.

Strength and Courage,

Vicki Sam

Hi Miss Icky Vicky!
    How ive missed hearing from you!
    I remember you going thru the insurance thing too...ya it SUX! How true that is it seems when we get sick...WE GET SICK...and No quick recovery here!
    I do my excercise every day that my therapist gave me...but it is just so painful to do so i only will move it till i hit that unbearable mark ...just cant get beyond that by myself...i guess im wimpin out...hehe!