Got My Ornament and More

Different Ballgame
Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Dear Patricia, From Ohio

When I saw the brown box sitting in my mailbox, I got butterflies in my stomach because I knew it was from my CSN sister. Since I don't have a digital camera, I will describe what was in the box. The ornament is a dark brown bear wearing a cloth red and white candy-striped scarf. The bear is carrying a green camping bag (or gear). The bear and its gear gives the appearance of carved wood. It is heavy in weight. How did you know that I love bears? I know that bears are dangerous, but I find them to be cute and adorable when I watch them on TV or in the movies. They touch my heart.

The second gift is small stuffed skinny heart, about 4" tall. Both sides of the heart were joined by bIg black stitching which also gives it a pattern and character. (I wish I knew the name of this stitch. A sewer I am not.) The background color is "brownish" cream. A pattern of bergundy flowers and silverish xx's are on both sides of the heart. The coloring makes me think of "country crafts". Then there is a soft bergundy and cream striped bow with a big heavy-weight paper that has the word, "Friends". Pat, I take this to mean that we will be friends forever.

Last is a silver, white pearl, pink crystal breast cancer bracelet. Three silver oblong charms are also within the bracelet. Each charm has one word printed on it. The words are: Faith, Hope, and Cure. Then there is a silver heart charm with the pink ribbon breast cancer symbol within the heart. Your bracelet to me replaces the one that broke a few days ago. It's like my broken bracelet made room for your bracelet to take its place.

Pat, I will treasure your gifts and their meaning. Now, I hope you will reveal to me your CSN name so I can learn more about you and thereby become closer to you.

Lots of Love and Lots of Hugs,
Janelle

Comments

• fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Janelle,
    You are incredible

Janelle,
    You are incredible at describing your gifts. I can practically see them. Hope you find out her CSN name. I can hear your enjoyment in your voice as you shared your receiving these.
    Stef
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Janelle
    the description you gave was very good. How nice of your CSN sister to give such thoughtful gifts to treasure. Enjoy!
    Char
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    It is Outdoorgirl!
    Sorry Janelle-I meant to send a card with everything so that I could reveal myself and wish you a Merry Christmas,but when I got to the post office it was too late! I tried to write it on the side of the box,but alas...you weren't able to see it!
    I'm glad that you enjoy everything-it made me very happy to read your post!And I'm glad that I was able to replace your broken bracelet(though I didn't know it at the time)!
    And Christmas Girl,it doesn't bother me at all that you revealed me-thanks for the help,dear friend!
    Lots of love backatcha Janelle!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    I am once again soooo happy
    I am once again soooo happy at how loving this exchange is! Thank you for your beautiful description, and I was laughing at our Christmas Girl correctly sleuthing it out! LOL

What a great season this one is!

Ho Ho Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    My best guess...
    (And I really, really hope she doesn't mind my reveal - if I'm correct...)

First - by the description of your gifts, sounds like our "outdoorgirl"... Yep, Patty from Ohio. My best guess. :-)

And, I'll bet she chimes in here - sooner than later.

Kind regards, Susan
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    chenheart said:

I am once again soooo happy
    I am once again soooo happy at how loving this exchange is! Thank you for your beautiful description, and I was laughing at our Christmas Girl correctly sleuthing it out! LOL

What a great season this one is!

Ho Ho Hugs,
    Chen♥

Thanks again
    Chenta,for making all of this possible!
    Love,
    Outdoorgirl...