• Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options

ablation
    what exactly is ablation ?

Disneyfan,
    It is the removal

Disneyfan,
    It is the removal of the (endometrium) lining of the uterus. I had the NovaSure procedure done. It was quick, fairly painless (slight cramping that day then no pain), and outpatient. I had it done because I had increasingly painful periods & extremely heavy bleeding after my 2 yr old Lia was born, and it seemed to get worse each month. I am SO glad I had it done.
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options

Disneyfan,
    It is the removal

Disneyfan,
    It is the removal of the (endometrium) lining of the uterus. I had the NovaSure procedure done. It was quick, fairly painless (slight cramping that day then no pain), and outpatient. I had it done because I had increasingly painful periods & extremely heavy bleeding after my 2 yr old Lia was born, and it seemed to get worse each month. I am SO glad I had it done.

difference
    I am lost is there a difference in D & C and other?
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

wow...thanks for info
    MY Gyno said he normally does not do these test unless and issue. (he did ask discharge (very little) or spotting (NONE)-

When at oncologist she said you need the test..I said I JUST had one..she said should do every 6mths...my GYN iffy but said IF she insists I'll do it. (I am 51)

Thanks sisters for this
    Thanks sisters for this thread. I am sure many are going through the same thing and wondering what to do or what is going on.

Hugs, Megan
  • disneyfan2008
    Options
    D & C over...(yesterday)
    Dr said looks good...(but must wait for pathology results) He thinks my onocologist may changed me to something else (take me off taxox) I got back to gyno in 3 wks or so...
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options

D & C over...(yesterday)
    Dr said looks good...(but must wait for pathology results) He thinks my onocologist may changed me to something else (take me off taxox) I got back to gyno in 3 wks or so...

Glad you got the D & C done!
    Glad you got the D & C done! Praying for a clean path report!
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Options
    crselby said:

ablation
    Hi Heatherbelle and jo jo.

Before I had the endometrial polypectomy 3 weeks ago I asked if ablation would be a good idea since I am on Tamoxifen (4 years to go) and still have my uterus. My wonderful gynocologist said not to do it. It would make things worse. Instead of endometrial cancer perhaps forming (thank you Tamioxifen), it would most likely be uterine cancer. Endometrial cancer would likely be found before it has spread. Not so with uterine cancer.

So, consequently, I'll go for (and pay for) more frequent uterine ultrasounds (caught these 2 polyps that formed in under a year) and pap smears.

~~Connie~~

Connie thats a little scary.
    Connie thats a little scary. Im going to talk to my doc about this. Its sad to think i have told all my docs about having an ablation and not one of them has said anything about it in how it may effect me with my treatments and i didnt know to even ask about it...until now! So thank you for this info!
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    Angie2U said:

Glad you got the D & C done!
    Glad you got the D & C done! Praying for a clean path report!

Praying for only good news
    Praying for only good news on your pathology report. Post to let us know when you can.

Hugs, Lex
  • disneyfan2008
    Options
    Alexis F said:

Praying for only good news
    Praying for only good news on your pathology report. Post to let us know when you can.

Hugs, Lex

2 wks...I should get results
    From GYNO...at appt...