Who has what I have?

ccincin
ccincin Member Posts: 82
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Dcis and idc. 2cm tumor and two or 22 lymph nodes affected. One node showed going outside capsule into perinodal fat tissue. Stage II. Modified rad mastectomy with lymph node disection on 09/29/10 , chemo evey 3 weeks started 11/18 qnd then six weeks of five days per weeks rads.
I feel great otherwise and see a bright future... I will be doing my 4 year olds hair at her wedding! ( she can't get married until she's finished law or med school!!! )
Anyone else similar?

Comments

• natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    I do not have the same
    I do not have the same scenario. I had Stage 2 IDC with invasion of the sentinel node. Had lumpectomy, 8 rounds of chemo, and 34 radiation treatments with a few complications here and there.

My only advice is that you keep up with hairstyles because they are forever changing. Quick tip save lots of $$$ because law or med school is expensive but well worth the feeling when you see your daughter getting that law or medical degree. Hugs to you and that precious little girl. (((Hugs)))
  • canjuncutie
    canjuncutie Member Posts: 131
    Im the next stage up
    I am stage 3 of dcis and idc The nodes are ten out of twelve positive. My chemo will end the day before news years eve.
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member

Im the next stage up
    I am stage 3 of dcis and idc The nodes are ten out of twelve positive. My chemo will end the day before news years eve.

DCIS
    I had DCIS-surgery & 8 wks daily radiation-I was fortunate enough no nodes effected!

HOPE you are doing well....
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    My mom's diagnosis is
    My mom's diagnosis is similar - she had idc (only about half a cm tumor though) and dcis in left breast with 1 lymph node affected. She had lumpectomy, is having chemo #5 out of 6 tomorrow, then will have radiation. Her chemo is every 2 weeks, although she got an infection in her breast after her drain tube was removed & had to postpone her 2nd chemo for a week.
    My own diagnosis was idc stage 2, no lymph involvement, right breast. No lymph involvement. 6 rounds chemo, every 2 weeks. No radiation. I had my tissue expanders removed 3 weeks ago & replaced with silicone gel implants, yesterday I had my chemo port removed, and in a few months I'll have my nipple reconstruction & then I'll be all done! I'm 6 weeks past chemo, my hair is growing back at a very fast rate, and I'm finally starting to get energy and strength back & feeling better each day.
    And I have a 9 yr old and a 2 yr old. I'm not that great with doing other people's hair, so maybe you can come help me out with their hair when they are married??!!
    *HUGS*
    Heather
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    I had a large tumor with 4
    I had a large tumor with 4 nodes (Stage 3A) in 1987 and I am still here. I know you will also be here 23 yrs later! My thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • LadyParvati
    LadyParvati Member Posts: 328
    Great Attitude!
    Ccincin, your positive attitude about your future is the very best gift you can give yourself! I see only one big possibility for disappointment--planning for your 4-year old to attend law school or med school, LOL! By the time she's making those decisions, she'll have her own opinions about what to spend her life doing, I'm sure!

Seriously, maintain that positive attitude--it is your BFF!

Sandy
    (all finished with treatment and living into the future!)
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member

Great Attitude!
    Ccincin, your positive attitude about your future is the very best gift you can give yourself! I see only one big possibility for disappointment--planning for your 4-year old to attend law school or med school, LOL! By the time she's making those decisions, she'll have her own opinions about what to spend her life doing, I'm sure!

Sandy

Hi,
    Stage 3A IDC with 8

Hi,
    Stage 3A IDC with 8 infected nodes out of 17 taken. Had 8 rounds of ACT chemo with 7 weeks of Rads.
    Had lumpectomy with recision. Tumor was 2.6.
    That was April 09 and feeling a lot better and dancing with NED so far :)
    God Bless you and that beautiful girl.
    Hugs,
    Wnada
  • ccincin
    ccincin Member Posts: 82
    Thanks!!!
    You guys are an inspiration to me!! I can't wait for the future and to put this crap behind me and have some good times again!!
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    I have DCIS & IDC. 1CM
    I have DCIS & IDC. 1CM tumor, 2 of 22 nodes affected, stage 2. I had surgery June 2009 ( Lumpectomy ) followed by 4 rounds AC and 12 rounds taxol. I am also her2pos so I had 1 year of herceptin. 35 rads treatments everyday for 6 weeks. All doable,few tears at hair loss, got through with the help from all the csn sisters. Dancing with NED today. End of this month have the big test again. Hope I will still be dancing.
    Kathy
  • Miss Murphy
    Miss Murphy Member Posts: 302
    Start saving!
    And after law or medical school, you will need money for the wedding! As the mother of two daughters who got married, my advice is you need to start saving now!!!!!LOL Of course you will be at her wedding and do her hair, anything less is totally unacceptable. I didn't have your same dx (did have a masectomy) but we're all in the same boat.

Hugs, Sally
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

Great Attitude!

Sandy

A lumpectomy, clean path
    A lumpectomy, clean path report and rads. I will still go for tests every 6 months though. I see a very bright future for you and your family!

Hugs, Kylez
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    natly15 said:

I do not have the same
    I do not have the same scenario. I had Stage 2 IDC with invasion of the sentinel node. Had lumpectomy, 8 rounds of chemo, and 34 radiation treatments with a few complications here and there.

My only advice is that you keep up with hairstyles because they are forever changing. Quick tip save lots of $$$ because law or med school is expensive but well worth the feeling when you see your daughter getting that law or medical degree. Hugs to you and that precious little girl. (((Hugs)))

We are all different, as we
    We are all different, as we are reminded a lot on here. LOL I am Stage 1, IDS and DCIS, small tumor. Sentinel node clean, only had radiation treatments. I had a lumpectomy, which I am very happy that I was able to.

Your little girl is darling. Take care!

Noel
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    ccincin said:

Thanks!!!
    You guys are an inspiration to me!! I can't wait for the future and to put this crap behind me and have some good times again!!

You have a great future
    You have a great future ahead of you and lots of good times ahead.
  • MammaB
    MammaB Member Posts: 3
    Same
    I have stage 3b with 17 of 17 nodes affected. 6 rounds of chemo, bilateral mastectomy and 20 radiation treatments. Now on Arimidex. I hope to see grandchildren graduate and be a great grandmother someday! Got to keep the faith!
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Hi Ccincin...im kinda
    Hi Ccincin...im kinda similair to yours. Dcis and IDC, stage 2, 1 of 12 nodes affected and it spread to breast tissue around tumor. I had lumpectomy then bilaterial mastectomy ...chemo every 3 weeks but no rads.
    Im sure you are going to be around a long time and to see your very cute daughter get married and have precious memories with even your grandkids...i plan to do the same! :)
  • betsymorgan
    betsymorgan Member Posts: 25
    Interesting how similar and yet how different
    I had dcis diagnosed May 2010: lumpectomy. then idc stage 1: lumpectomy & sentinel node --scheduled radiation--but wait, there's more: another mammy showed another suspicious area, so off with the breast. No chemo, no radiation--just tamoxifen which makes me queasy and tired. Are we all tired of the ups and downs? I'm ready to recover!
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000

Start saving!
    And after law or medical school, you will need money for the wedding! As the mother of two daughters who got married, my advice is you need to start saving now!!!!!LOL Of course you will be at her wedding and do her hair, anything less is totally unacceptable. I didn't have your same dx (did have a masectomy) but we're all in the same boat.

Hugs, Sally

You will do your daughter's
    You will do your daughter's hair at her wedding! You can count on that!

Hugs, Megan