Had my final chemo today

Options
2»

Comments

• sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Char, congratulations!
    I have no problems with arimidex. Well, I think it enhanced my hot flashes and night sweats, but bearable.

Sue
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    Char
    Congratulations Chemo Grad!
    ♥ Cat
  • chriskaput
    chriskaput Member Posts: 109
    Options
    Yay!
    super happy for you! I know what that feeling is like. It's been 2 months since I finished and I am starting to feel great these days. You will get there too : )

Hugs,
    Chris
  • Different Ballgame
    Options
    You have a right to be concerned, but first
    Dear Char,

You have a right to be concerned, but first three cheers for finishing your chemo. As far as Arimidex, I have met women who have had no side effects to the drug and then I have met women who have had side effects to it. It's a crap shoot. Always know that you may be the lucky one who has no side effects to it. Also know that if you get the side effects, you can always stop taking the drug. Discuss these options with your doctor before taking it so the doctor knows exactly what you are thinking.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle
  • Grandma X 6
    Grandma X 6 Member Posts: 135
    Options
    Congratulations!!
    I am very happy for you I remember my last one it feels so good to have that part finished. If you do need rads it not that bad at all. Maybe we can set a date to meet soon. Have a great Holiday.Your in my prays. Cindy
  • PinkPearl
    PinkPearl Member Posts: 280
    Options
    Yeaaa Char!
    I am so happy for you! You are always there with a sweet comment for us and I want you that it means a lot. Just take a moment and reflect on all you have accomplished even enduring everything else that you have. It takes a strong woman to keep going like the energizer bunny!
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    Congratulations on your
    Congratulations on your completion of chemo!!! hurray!!!! finito!!! Doesn't that feel good?? Don't worry about the Arimidex, if you have problems there are 2 others to try. Hopefully now you are on the road to healing from all this trauma!! My best to you and hope you and arimidex become good friends :)
    hugs
    jan
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668
    Options

Congratulations on your
    Congratulations on your completion of chemo!!! hurray!!!! finito!!! Doesn't that feel good?? Don't worry about the Arimidex, if you have problems there are 2 others to try. Hopefully now you are on the road to healing from all this trauma!! My best to you and hope you and arimidex become good friends :)
    hugs
    jan

Congratulations
    Yay, Way to go. I am so very happy for you. Whoop Whoop :)
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Cat64 said:

Char
    Congratulations Chemo Grad!
    ♥ Cat

Huge congrats to you Char
    Huge congrats to you Char for finishing chemo!
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Yesterday
    I sent husband to cut down tree without me. My legs felt like rubber and I was unsteady. Today just trying to stand to decorate was painful. Definitely taking pain med to sleep. Just knowing that chemo is done is a relief though. Thanks for all the well wishes. We are warriors!
    Char
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

Yesterday
    I sent husband to cut down tree without me. My legs felt like rubber and I was unsteady. Today just trying to stand to decorate was painful. Definitely taking pain med to sleep. Just knowing that chemo is done is a relief though. Thanks for all the well wishes. We are warriors!
    Char

It's the best finish ever!
    Congratulations, Char. Absolutely nothing has felt better to me than finishing chemo. If you don't need radiation, we'll probably be starting Arimidex about the same time. We'll never know if we have se or not unless we start it.

About the rubber legs, I was a weak, pathetic mess after my last chemo, thought I could just ignore it and went to the grocery store and had to use the cart to support myself. Take it easy and be careful and listen to your body. This will pass.

Suzanne
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Options
    Wooo Hoooo Char....chemo is
    Wooo Hoooo Char....chemo is done....you go girl!