Give our bald head a hug

joannstar
joannstar Member Posts: 403 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I was feeling very sorry for myself after a rough day at work. The chemo has brought an emotional roller coaster that I hadn't expected. Still having 2 more treatments before starting rads, my hair is really gone and my onc tells me that I can't begin to diet until my treatment is complete, so all in all, I'm not feeling attractive or desirable. Well, anyway, when I got home I had a package from www.franceluxe.com that contained the most beautiful silk charmuese head wrap in a Jaguar pattern that I had requested. Along with the wrap was a card signed by everyone in their factory with good wishes. It made me feel so pampered and cared for.

I am posting Laurie Erickson's letter to me below as she requested to help get the word out about this wonderful service that she and her company provides to women undergoing chemotherapy.

Hugs to all,
JoAnn

Hello,

My name is Laurie Erickson and I am the CEO of a fashion accessory company located in Washington State. A few years ago I launched a program called Good Wishes scarves - a program where my company makes one, free of charge, silk scarf or headwrap for women experiencing hair loss. This program was borne as a result of an email I received from a loyal customer, Hillary, who bought hair accessories from my company. She wrote to our customer care address and asked if we had any products for women who are losing or have lost their hair. I replied no at the time, but offered to make her a scarf at no charge, in a color of her choosing. When her scarf was completed, we had a staff meeting and had a moment for this terrific woman, silently sending her Good Wishes. After receiving her scarf, we communicated from time to time and I told Hillary that should she meet anyone along her journey, who might enjoy a Good Wishes scarf to please let me know and I would happily have our factory make one for her - she told me that her Good Wishes scarf had brought her comfort during her chemo sessions. At a subsequent Chemotherapy session, Hillary met a woman who learned of our fledgling program and requested a scarf - we were so happy to know that our desire to give was becoming a reality.

I have really struggled to connect, to give, to share our scarves with women. It seems so odd to have the ability to give and KNOW the need is out there, but struggle to find the bridge to get that done. My head has been spinning with ideas and so I write to you here to help me spread the word. It’s very simple. My company works with hundreds of different silks and cottons. I will give as much as I possibly can to the community of women who are undergoing or experiencing an event where she is losing her hair. I have two options at this time; a scarf (which can be a bit cumbersome for some) or a headwrap called "It's a Wrap" which can be viewed on our website www.franceluxe.com. I will send you one at no charge.

If you or someone you know would enjoy either a scarf or an It's a Wrap - please email me at laurie@franceluxe.com and me and my staff will work to get it done for you.

In closing, I've worked in the fashion accessories industry for over 20 years. It is an honor and a pleasure to put smiles on faces through sharing our work - I believe in the power of sending good wishes. Thank you and I look forward to working together with you to perhaps send some comfort to women and/or children.

Comments

• heidijez
    heidijez Member Posts: 441
    i had received one too!
    it is beautiful and so appreciated. i wore it all summer instead of my wig and a friend of mine was so impressed by the generosity of this company that she ordered a second "It's a Wrap" for me.

i would encourage anyone about to lose their hair, or those that already did lose their hair, to request one of these lovely items.
  • jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    heidijez said:

i had received one too!
    it is beautiful and so appreciated. i wore it all summer instead of my wig and a friend of mine was so impressed by the generosity of this company that she ordered a second "It's a Wrap" for me.

i would encourage anyone about to lose their hair, or those that already did lose their hair, to request one of these lovely items.

Silk head scarf
    I also got a 100% silk head scarf from France Luxe. I would not have been able to justify spending $75 on a scarf so this free one was VERY much appreciated. As many of you know it is hard to feel pretty when you are as bald as a baby. I also got a hand-signed note when my scarf arrived in the mail. This is a wonderful service that this company is providing to the community.
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Jo Ann
    I received a beautiful scarf from Franceluxe too! The quality is wonderful and I also received a card with all their signatures. I've worn my scarf many times. There are several organizations that give free items. Sure does make you feel loved.
    Char
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member

Silk head scarf
    I also got a 100% silk head scarf from France Luxe. I would not have been able to justify spending $75 on a scarf so this free one was VERY much appreciated. As many of you know it is hard to feel pretty when you are as bald as a baby. I also got a hand-signed note when my scarf arrived in the mail. This is a wonderful service that this company is providing to the community.

These scarves are beautiful.
    These scarves are beautiful. There is another post that has lots of free scarves too. It is called HELPFUL WEBSITES. I will bump it up.