Christmas time in Barcelona!

pepebcn
pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Is shopping night here, the whole shopping area of the city is going to be open the whole night !and they will switch on christmas lights by first day,so would be a funny plan but is freezing cold today!, what a shame, I will remain home!.Despite that I have done some pics of the city this afternoon l will post it tomorrow, lights are not very impressive this year as communist/green coalition party is very powerful in Barcelona city council, and they are against electricity expenditure ! Last year they removed the big nativity they use to have in the city hall square , a big scene with real size figures that they use to install in there since 300 years ago, as they say they don't want to offend other religions! ( we got a 15% of Arab immigration in the city), and two years ago they removed the huge Christmas tree (75 ft) they use to install in the city hall ,as they say is not ecological ! So private money, shops, big companies and sponsors,are the ones who have to decorate the city and pay for Christmas decoration as "officially" Barcelona is a Lay , secular, city!. ( crazy for one of the most truistic and visited cities in the world) So if you like Christmas don't vote for a communist or green party! hahahaha! they will steal your Christmas!.
Hugs!

Comments

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    You are so right
    It is unfortunate that we must forego so many traditions. It happens more and more here in the US as well.

I don't think I will ever understand why. I wish someone cared that I am offended by having to worry about offending others. What happened to 'to each his own'?

Oh well, we can celebrate in our hearts!

Hugs,

Marie
  • pepebcn

You are so right
    It is unfortunate that we must forego so many traditions. It happens more and more here in the US as well.

I don't think I will ever understand why. I wish someone cared that I am offended by having to worry about offending others. What happened to 'to each his own'?

Oh well, we can celebrate in our hearts!

Hugs,

Marie

Yes Marie,
    next year "virtual cyberchristmas".LOL.
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn said:

Yes Marie,
    next year "virtual cyberchristmas".LOL.

What a great truth!
    "I wish someone cared that I am offended by having to worry about offending others", l never thought on that, I will make my motto of this word! LOL.
  • ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    Barcelona!!!!!!!! I hope to
    Barcelona!!!!!!!! I hope to see visit there when my mom gets well.
  • pepebcn
    ketziah35 said:

Barcelona!!!!!!!! I hope to
    Barcelona!!!!!!!! I hope to see visit there when my mom gets well.

You always be welcome!
    Just let me know, Ketziah.