mhmassie
mhmassie Member Posts: 4
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
my wife has this type of cancer.the doctors said two years survial

Comments

• hopeful girl 1
    hopeful girl 1 Member Posts: 454
    Stats
    I am sorry to hear about your wife's diagnosis. I do not know what mixed mullerian cancer is. I was diagnosed with uterine 3C in Feb 2010. I had surgery/6 chemos/25 radiations. My 6th chemo was on Nov 2nd.

I try not to pay too much attention to the stats. The stats are not totally current because they go back years-and they are random groups and do not include all. Also I do not know if these stats take into account other factors, as is the patient a smoker or non-smoker, does patient exercise, eat well etc?

I was told that my stats were 50% chance to return within 2 years (I believe that's what it was). Treatments keep changing and new protocols are being used, and I am not sure that all of these stats include these newer provisions.

What has the medical team suggested for her treatment? I think you will find encouragement on these boards, as even those who have experienced recurrences are still living their lives and feeling ok with treatments.

I am sending healing thoughts to you and your wife.
  • upsofloating
    upsofloating Member Posts: 466 Member
    On the Uterine cancer board
    On the Uterine cancer board there are threads by those with mixed mullerian, so you may want to check there. These cancers are treated quite similarly but also individualized based on how each case responds.
    Again, ignore those statistics! Everyone is unique and no matter how high the implied negative, remember always that you CAN be one of the lucky ones!
    Annie