CT results

kellyh33
kellyh33 Member Posts: 287
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Mom had a ct scan November 22nd, we got the results today and this is what they said. Mom has no fluid in her lungs or surrounding her tumour. The mass has not grown.
I was hoping they would say it shrunk, I really want them to try again to remove it but it doesn't sound like that is going to happen. We were told the results over the phone so we will get more information on Monday.
Mom is going for her 7th chemo on Monday. The last few days she has been really tired and anxious. She knows the chemo is helping her stay well but she gets very, very anxious prior to chemo and even she is unsure why.

Comments

• hopeful girl 1
    hopeful girl 1 Member Posts: 454
    Kelly
    I am glad to hear that your Mom has no fluid in her lungs, and that the mass has not grown. That is alot to be grateful for.

How many chemos will she be receiving? I always was anxious before each of my chemos as well. It is just frightening. You know the drugs are what is going to help you, but yet it's still scarey each time.

I am sending healing thoughts to you and your mom.

Cindy
  • Mwee
    Mwee Member Posts: 1,338
    anxious before chemo
    I think it is normal to get anxious before chemo... at least it is for me :) Let's face it, it's scary stuff and very unpleasant. The needles/atmosphere/smells and then you come home ill, who wouldn't hate that. Maybe you could let your Mom know that her feelings are normal and that the treatments are working. Having her mass not grow is a good thing.
    (((HUGS t0 you both))) Maria
  • Lisa13Q
    Lisa13Q Member Posts: 677
    Dear Kelly
    The days leading up to CT scans is always a tense time at our house. It is so normal...ativan works great....Be grateful there has not been any growth. Your mom can lead a very active life if the cancer never grows....My mother has never received such news.....Perspective is an amazing thing isn't it? I would give anything for a CT scan like your mothers!! Be Blessed!!! It could be so different!! Best of luck with the next CT...I will pray and hope again for no progression!!! Love, Lisa (another daughter of a Mom with ovca).
  • kellyh33
    Lisa13Q said:

Dear Kelly
    The days leading up to CT scans is always a tense time at our house. It is so normal...ativan works great....Be grateful there has not been any growth. Your mom can lead a very active life if the cancer never grows....My mother has never received such news.....Perspective is an amazing thing isn't it? I would give anything for a CT scan like your mothers!! Be Blessed!!! It could be so different!! Best of luck with the next CT...I will pray and hope again for no progression!!! Love, Lisa (another daughter of a Mom with ovca).

You are right
    I hadn't thought of it like that. Thank you for giving me something positive on a day when i am feeling rather negative and a little bit blue.
    If you ever want to e-mail me feel free or i can be found on facebook under kelly mcmaster hargreaves.
  • kellyh33

Kelly
    I am glad to hear that your Mom has no fluid in her lungs, and that the mass has not grown. That is alot to be grateful for.

How many chemos will she be receiving? I always was anxious before each of my chemos as well. It is just frightening. You know the drugs are what is going to help you, but yet it's still scarey each time.

I am sending healing thoughts to you and your mom.

Cindy

Thank you for the healing
    Thank you for the healing thoughts. Sometimes i forget to be grateful for what hasn't happened such as she has never had any sort of pain, she is starting to put on a little bit of weight, the tumour hasn't grown, no fluid anywhere and her CA 125 numbers continue to drop from 14, 301 to 3000.
  • kellyh33
    Mwee said:

anxious before chemo
    I think it is normal to get anxious before chemo... at least it is for me :) Let's face it, it's scary stuff and very unpleasant. The needles/atmosphere/smells and then you come home ill, who wouldn't hate that. Maybe you could let your Mom know that her feelings are normal and that the treatments are working. Having her mass not grow is a good thing.
    (((HUGS t0 you both))) Maria

Will do
    I try to let Mom her feelings are normal but it doesn't seem to settle her. She takes lorazepam for anxiety. I think she is particularly nervous for her next chemo and dr. appointment on Monday because she will hear more about her CT scan. The doctor did tell her they will continue with the chemotherapy.
    My Dad is still in such denial that i think it sometimes winds mom up. He talks about when she is cancer free and when they operate again. I think it is making it harder for her because she doesn't feel she can talk to my dad about it. He misses the visual cues because he is blind, he only has light perception so he can't see the looks on her face etc.
    The good news is mom seems to be getting a little stronger physically each day.
  • azgrandma
    azgrandma Member Posts: 609 Member
    Lisa13Q said:

Dear Kelly

I got anxious also
    I think it is normal to get anxious before chemo, I was teriffied each time