need advise

hopefullma
hopefullma Member Posts: 13
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
a very close friend of mine has stage 4 ovarian cancer,any thing i can do to help her.i have myself been though chemo and radiation for lung cancer ,i have tryed to help her any way i can,but i know it has spread to a lot of other places.so what do i do? I am tring to keep her as up as poss.what do you think/

Comments

• poopergirl14052
    poopergirl14052 Member Posts: 1,183 Member
    Advice
    Keep up what you are doing. Having a close friend who has some idea of what you are going through is helpful. Be positive and no neagative talk. Your friend knows when you are scared or holding something back.Good luck to you and your friend
  • clamryn
    clamryn Member Posts: 508
    Do fun things with her
    Be positive and do things with her. Enjoy each day. Think of things that she might want to do. Just being with you is probably one of the best things. And, if she wants to talk, let her. If she wants to have a cry, let her. You are friends... give her a hug.

Hugs and prayers to you both.
    Linda
  • Mwee
    Mwee Member Posts: 1,338
    close friend
    Keep being her friend and listen when she feels like talking. You can't cure her, but knowing that you're there for her is the greatest gift a friend can offer.
    (((HUGS))) Maria
  • azgrandma
    azgrandma Member Posts: 609 Member
    Mwee said:

close friend
    Keep being her friend and listen when she feels like talking. You can't cure her, but knowing that you're there for her is the greatest gift a friend can offer.
    (((HUGS))) Maria

Just be there for her
    be there for her and give her hugs and just listen. Maybe ask her if she wants to go for a walk with you, just small things , it does help. Let her know you are praying also
    God Bless