Nipples & Nervous!

Options
2»

Comments

• Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    I had my nipple done
    I had my nipple done last Wednesday the same day they did my exchange from tissue expander to implant. I took the outside dressings off on Friday, but my nip is still kind of covered. I see my plastic surgeon on Friday, so I guess that is the "unveiling". I only had one breast removed. The other breast I had a reduction on when I had my mastectomy. She did a "lift" on that last week too. Honestly, I am have not had any pain from either of my breasts. Just glad to have it all behind me. Let me know if you have any more questions. Hugs, Jean
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    ccincin said:

Dumb question Maybe???
    What are the nipples made from. Or got from??? I'm naive with bc and refuse to google things!

I always wondered myself how
    I always wondered myself how this surgery was done. Thanks for the explanation.

Wishing you good luck Dawne if you do have the surgery.

Hugs, Lex
  • filimu
    filimu Member Posts: 74
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

I had my nipple done
    I had my nipple done last Wednesday the same day they did my exchange from tissue expander to implant. I took the outside dressings off on Friday, but my nip is still kind of covered. I see my plastic surgeon on Friday, so I guess that is the "unveiling". I only had one breast removed. The other breast I had a reduction on when I had my mastectomy. She did a "lift" on that last week too. Honestly, I am have not had any pain from either of my breasts. Just glad to have it all behind me. Let me know if you have any more questions. Hugs, Jean

mine were done
    at the same time the expanders came out.

As everybody is saying...they were fairly large to begin with, but they shrunk as time went on. When I went back after six months for my "touch-up" surgery, we decided that in addition to some lipo and a slight lift on one side where a ligament appeared to have torn, because the two sides were initially done at two different times by two different doctors (the first one because of the tumor and the second because of choice and beginning reconstruction on both sides) and healing slightly differently, the nipples weren't lined up quite the same...so we decided to move them laterally some. The whole "touch-up" procedure only took about an hour, and was done in the hospital's "day surgery" unit under twilight anesthesia - much easier to come out of than the full blown kind. Only thing that really is hurting or bothering me from this last surgery is where they had to repair the ligament and stitch it to my chest muscle. The pain was kinda bad for a day or two and now the stitches itch like crazy, but I get them out in a couple days...I'm just happy to have this last one over, and even though the plastic surgeon talks about tatooing the nipples, specially to cover the scars of moving them, I probably won't. After all, who will see them but me, the SO, and some doctors....And I'm frigging tired of operations~