Chemo Treatment

Options
bruins1971
bruins1971 Member Posts: 227
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Ok here we go round 10 of 12 just got started and by the grace of God I only have 2 more after today. Doctor says I'll get a scan about a month after the final scan and if everything looks good we will do another scan 3 months later and then if that's good another 6 months later. Seems like the CT machine and me will continue to be good friends for a long time. He said I will keep the port in for about 2 years and will have to come in every two months to have it flushed which won't be so bad. Also said I can have a three week break in between round 11 and 12 to get me through New Years Eve chemo free otherwise it was scheduled for the week of and I want to be feeling good that night. It's really sad to sit in this room getting chemo watching so many people going through the same thing...CANCER I HATE YOU WITH A PASSION.... I pray that one day this will all just be a bad memory and my treatments will be a thing of the past.

Comments

• taipei
    taipei Member Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    treatment
    Hi Bobby: I know how you feel, I will pray that God give you extra strengh and lots patient to cope with, all this will past. God bless you and family.

Winnie in Houston
  • bruins1971
    Options
    taipei said:

treatment
    Hi Bobby: I know how you feel, I will pray that God give you extra strengh and lots patient to cope with, all this will past. God bless you and family.

Winnie in Houston

Thank you
    Thank you so very much for your prayers. God is the single most important thing in my life and in my fight to beat this cancer.
  • Kenny H.
    Kenny H. Member Posts: 502 Member
    Options

Thank you
    Thank you so very much for your prayers. God is the single most important thing in my life and in my fight to beat this cancer.

Glad to hear your almost
    Glad to hear your almost thru. I still have 9 more to go & looking forward to the last one.
    Although I can say my side effects have been minimal (so far) I HATE CHEMO WEEK!
  • damama24
    damama24 Member Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Kenny H. said:

Glad to hear your almost
    Glad to hear your almost thru. I still have 9 more to go & looking forward to the last one.
    Although I can say my side effects have been minimal (so far) I HATE CHEMO WEEK!

almost done
    So glad to hear you are almost done. Hope and pray that no more chemo will ever be required and it will become a distant memory. There are days I wish for an end to chemo for me. I have been on chemo for 16 months. Had round #30 today with nine more to go.
    My drs consider me inoperable so chemo may be in my future for a long time. But, I always like to hear when people reach that goal of being finished. After my next round I'm taking a 4 week chemo break so I can enjoy Christmas and New years. Then it will be back to the big recliner and finish up the last 8 rounds. After that we will see where to go from there.
    Enjoy your upcomming break and have a wonderful holiday season with your family.

Deb
  • bruins1971
    Options
    damama24 said:

almost done
    So glad to hear you are almost done. Hope and pray that no more chemo will ever be required and it will become a distant memory. There are days I wish for an end to chemo for me. I have been on chemo for 16 months. Had round #30 today with nine more to go.
    My drs consider me inoperable so chemo may be in my future for a long time. But, I always like to hear when people reach that goal of being finished. After my next round I'm taking a 4 week chemo break so I can enjoy Christmas and New years. Then it will be back to the big recliner and finish up the last 8 rounds. After that we will see where to go from there.
    Enjoy your upcomming break and have a wonderful holiday season with your family.

Deb

So Glad you get a break
    Deb,
    I am so glad that you will be able to get a break from chemo to enjoy Christmas and New Years with your family. I just had my 10th round on Tuesday and my 11th will be the day before my birthday in two weeks. Then I will get a 3 week break to enjoy Christmas and New Years and then God willing my last chemo will be in the first week of January. I realize that I am stage 4 and chances are high that I will see the chemo chair again but it does not hurt to pray that won't happen. My mind set is that when round 12 is complete then I will be done with treatments. Two surgeries and 12 chemo rounds in 9 months has been a shot to my system but I am ready to get on with my life and I hope to be back to work in March or April of next year. I hope things improve for you very soon and I hope you enjoy the holidays with family.

Bobby in Dallas