Sundanceh

herdizziness
herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Today I spent some time in reflection, and I thank my Supreme Being, for allowing me to know you, to respect you, to follow in your mighty big foot steps.
You give hope, longevity in a short cancer world. You fight, and you fight long and hard. You let cancer know it won't win. You knock it down, and when it rears it's ugly head, you punch the b@st@rd in the head again.
Craig, thank you so much for your inspiration, for forcing us to continue on, when as ordinary human beings we would give up. You force us to be more the "ordinary" you force us to be Warriors, Amazon's, the King of the Jungle, you force us to fight on, like you do.
Thank you Craig, keep it up, when the radiation lays you low, know this, and keep it in your heart, you give us inspiration, you give us hope, a light at the end of the tunnel, because, you fight, and because you WIN THE FIGHT!!!
We expect no less, my friend, we expect no less.
Love,
Winter Marie

Comments

• Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member
    Here Here
    I second that emotion
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    You Humble Me:)
    Dearest Winter Marie

I am overwhelmed by your sweet, loving sentiments today! I’m searching for words right now – you have knocked my socks off!

I don’t know if I can live up to all of your high praise. I did not know that I could affect anyone or “really” make a difference in one’s life, the way you have worded it so graciously. I see myself as just a man – a member of the community – who wants to help folks and try and bring them along with me.

I’m honored, touched, and moved by what you see in me. I constantly lose sight of who might be really reading what I have to say. Then, to hear this from you today, really brings the “validation” of what I’ve tried to do – and what I try and be for everyone here. Your post this morning really drove that home…Thank You!

You’ve set the bar pretty high for me – not sure if I can reach that high anymore – especially with my short legs, LOL:)

I want to thank you for your love, kindness, support, and most importantly – your friendship. In really getting to know you these days, I see a woman, who has quite a bit in common with me. You have a very fiery and determined spirit, Winter – and I do love that in you. You are also a person of deep compassion and very introspective thoughts – again, ding another one for you.

You are not afraid, you will throw it on the wall to see if it sticks. Ding, ding, and ding. I feel like I’m witnessing a “great change” in you, right in front of my eyes. It’s an amazing transformation and I’m privileged to have a ring side seat for the show. Thank you for being you:)

Ok, Winter – good story for the day, sit back and listen to this one.

I’m in the radiation chamber for Tx #30. As soon as I walk in the room, let’s just say that the “Santa Craig Project” was evident inside the chamber (get it?) You see, I had given my radiation tech gals Santa Craig’s gift for their kindness and professionalism over the past 6-weeks they have taken care of me. And it’s become a favorite and all the patients are getting to enjoy it.

So, Santa Craig has already touched down some here in the Big D. What a marvelous experience to take my last treatment and have Santa Craig in the room with me. I tell you, I had to hold back the tears, as both of these gals really appreciated it.

And while I’m rolling, I might as well just keep going, right?

So, GRADUATION DAY! I received my “Masters” degree and a nice diploma for completing IMRT v3.0 (LOL:)

Hayley, my radiation gal tech, told me on the last setup of the treatment, “Last one, last one!” And I started to feel giddy, because I knew that I had now made it – and it was done – and I did it, again. And when she was done, she handed me the paper and told me “Congratulations.” I thanked her for everything that she and her partner did – and I stole a hug from her and we wished each other well:)

Then, the radiation staff told me “Congratulations” on my way out, so that felt pretty good. They were standing there waiting on the next guy, when I gigged ‘em and asked them “Why weren’t the balloons were not falling out of the ceiling and where was the ice cream and cake?” LOL:)

When I got to the waiting room, I recognized a couple of people who were in the same cycle I was and I showed them my paper and told them I made it…and they clapped (genuinely) and said Congrats! It really was warming. And then one of my nurses came out and hugged me big and told me congrats too!

Even the parking valet got in on it – he saw my certification and said “Finished today, congrats!” And he meant it and reached over and shook my hand.

I was feeling pretty emotional and connected to all the various people who have helped me these past 6 weeks. I’ve always approached Cancer as a business – I do get emotional at certain points, but I had no idea that I was going to feel these type of emotions from all of these people today!

So many strong feelings washing over me as I was experiencing this “chapter of my life” closing and what I went through and the relationships that I formed with my ongoing, ever growing, medical team.

I met with the big guy today, the radiation onc, Dr. T. All went according to plan – all of the alignments were good and I did it as right as one can do it.

I did a CT scan yesterday and meet with the onc this Friday to discuss the results. But, the “resident” today told me that it “ALL LOOKED GOOD.”

What? Are you kidding me? Do you know that you are talking to a guy who has not had a “clean scan” in over 3 years? Do you have the right guy?

You see, what I had not told you way back when, was that I had a “new mass”, but it was over in the LEFT LUNG this time…..all of the work has been on my right lung. We had done a PET scan – and there was significant uptake to that spot.

It was very disheartening at the time and has been during all of this time. I was down about it, knowing I was fighting as hard as I could and my reward would be to go to the left side after we finished up f’ing up the right side.

My thoughts at that time, were to wait on the left – and keep attacking the right. I figured the Folfiri would hold the tumor and/or shrink it down – maybe make it disappear. We talked about stereotactic radiation on that lung or go back to Dr. D for another lung surgery. OMGoodness.

Well, “wait for it”…..he tells me the scan shows “no evidence of tumor in my left lung!” It has either gone away with the chemo treatments or has shrunk enough and gone “under the radar” for now – we’ll be watching it again in 3 months.

OMGoodness! Is this possible? Could my luck be about to change? Is something good finally going to happen for me ?

This 3rd recurrence has had me in deep thought for months – I’ve had quite a stretch to think about it and examine my battle and my life – and what I had hoped for – and was fighting so hard for.

To finally get some positive, reinforcing news, is a life saver for me, right at this time when I so desperately needed to hear something good about my situation. Puts just enough gas in my tank to take it a mile further down this ol’ long road of Cancer.

“Give me an inch – and I’ll take a mile…” ~Sundance

So, Winter, your post today had impeccable timing to say the least. I am filled today with “HOPE.” Hope for the future – and today, despite the treatment, I feel very much ALIVE and full of myself:)

I want to thank you for all of this and for giving me a platform to tell you and everyone my good news today.

I’m gonna’ scramble for sumpin’ to eat – and then I’m going to “sleep off” this last round of radiation with a big nap.

Emotions are hard to live on for the long haul, as they always inevitable fade away. But for today, I’m gonna’ enjoy the ride and keep all hands and feet inside the car, while the ride is in motion.

LOL:)

I love you, Marie – thank you for being there for me and saying such sweet and thoughtful things. “You’re the wind beneath my wings…” :)

And thank you for caring about me so deeply – I’ll try not to disappoint you along the way.

-Craig
  • plh4gail
    plh4gail Member Posts: 1,238 Member
    Lori-S said:

Here Here
    I second that emotion

Me too
    I would like to "ditto" that second
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Sundanceh said:

Dearest Winter Marie

I am overwhelmed by your sweet, loving sentiments today! I’m searching for words right now – you have knocked my socks off!

I don’t know if I can live up to all of your high praise. I did not know that I could affect anyone or “really” make a difference in one’s life, the way you have worded it so graciously. I see myself as just a man – a member of the community – who wants to help folks and try and bring them along with me.

I’m honored, touched, and moved by what you see in me. I constantly lose sight of who might be really reading what I have to say. Then, to hear this from you today, really brings the “validation” of what I’ve tried to do – and what I try and be for everyone here. Your post this morning really drove that home…Thank You!

You’ve set the bar pretty high for me – not sure if I can reach that high anymore – especially with my short legs, LOL:)

I want to thank you for your love, kindness, support, and most importantly – your friendship. In really getting to know you these days, I see a woman, who has quite a bit in common with me. You have a very fiery and determined spirit, Winter – and I do love that in you. You are also a person of deep compassion and very introspective thoughts – again, ding another one for you.

You are not afraid, you will throw it on the wall to see if it sticks. Ding, ding, and ding. I feel like I’m witnessing a “great change” in you, right in front of my eyes. It’s an amazing transformation and I’m privileged to have a ring side seat for the show. Thank you for being you:)

I’m in the radiation chamber for Tx #30. As soon as I walk in the room, let’s just say that the “Santa Craig Project” was evident inside the chamber (get it?) You see, I had given my radiation tech gals Santa Craig’s gift for their kindness and professionalism over the past 6-weeks they have taken care of me. And it’s become a favorite and all the patients are getting to enjoy it.

So, Santa Craig has already touched down some here in the Big D. What a marvelous experience to take my last treatment and have Santa Craig in the room with me. I tell you, I had to hold back the tears, as both of these gals really appreciated it.

So, GRADUATION DAY! I received my “Masters” degree and a nice diploma for completing IMRT v3.0 (LOL:)

Hayley, my radiation gal tech, told me on the last setup of the treatment, “Last one, last one!” And I started to feel giddy, because I knew that I had now made it – and it was done – and I did it, again. And when she was done, she handed me the paper and told me “Congratulations.” I thanked her for everything that she and her partner did – and I stole a hug from her and we wished each other well:)

Then, the radiation staff told me “Congratulations” on my way out, so that felt pretty good. They were standing there waiting on the next guy, when I gigged ‘em and asked them “Why weren’t the balloons were not falling out of the ceiling and where was the ice cream and cake?” LOL:)

When I got to the waiting room, I recognized a couple of people who were in the same cycle I was and I showed them my paper and told them I made it…and they clapped (genuinely) and said Congrats! It really was warming. And then one of my nurses came out and hugged me big and told me congrats too!

Even the parking valet got in on it – he saw my certification and said “Finished today, congrats!” And he meant it and reached over and shook my hand.

I was feeling pretty emotional and connected to all the various people who have helped me these past 6 weeks. I’ve always approached Cancer as a business – I do get emotional at certain points, but I had no idea that I was going to feel these type of emotions from all of these people today!

So many strong feelings washing over me as I was experiencing this “chapter of my life” closing and what I went through and the relationships that I formed with my ongoing, ever growing, medical team.

I met with the big guy today, the radiation onc, Dr. T. All went according to plan – all of the alignments were good and I did it as right as one can do it.

I did a CT scan yesterday and meet with the onc this Friday to discuss the results. But, the “resident” today told me that it “ALL LOOKED GOOD.”

What? Are you kidding me? Do you know that you are talking to a guy who has not had a “clean scan” in over 3 years? Do you have the right guy?

You see, what I had not told you way back when, was that I had a “new mass”, but it was over in the LEFT LUNG this time…..all of the work has been on my right lung. We had done a PET scan – and there was significant uptake to that spot.

It was very disheartening at the time and has been during all of this time. I was down about it, knowing I was fighting as hard as I could and my reward would be to go to the left side after we finished up f’ing up the right side.

My thoughts at that time, were to wait on the left – and keep attacking the right. I figured the Folfiri would hold the tumor and/or shrink it down – maybe make it disappear. We talked about stereotactic radiation on that lung or go back to Dr. D for another lung surgery. OMGoodness.

Well, “wait for it”…..he tells me the scan shows “no evidence of tumor in my left lung!” It has either gone away with the chemo treatments or has shrunk enough and gone “under the radar” for now – we’ll be watching it again in 3 months.

OMGoodness! Is this possible? Could my luck be about to change? Is something good finally going to happen for me ?

This 3rd recurrence has had me in deep thought for months – I’ve had quite a stretch to think about it and examine my battle and my life – and what I had hoped for – and was fighting so hard for.

To finally get some positive, reinforcing news, is a life saver for me, right at this time when I so desperately needed to hear something good about my situation. Puts just enough gas in my tank to take it a mile further down this ol’ long road of Cancer.

So, Winter, your post today had impeccable timing to say the least. I am filled today with “HOPE.” Hope for the future – and today, despite the treatment, I feel very much ALIVE and full of myself:)

I want to thank you for all of this and for giving me a platform to tell you and everyone my good news today.

I’m gonna’ scramble for sumpin’ to eat – and then I’m going to “sleep off” this last round of radiation with a big nap.

Emotions are hard to live on for the long haul, as they always inevitable fade away. But for today, I’m gonna’ enjoy the ride and keep all hands and feet inside the car, while the ride is in motion.

I love you, Marie – thank you for being there for me and saying such sweet and thoughtful things. “You’re the wind beneath my wings…” :)

And thank you for caring about me so deeply – I’ll try not to disappoint you along the way.

-Craig

Oh Craig!
    I am so happy for you; what incredible feedback from the resident! I hope you finish your treatment, and as you say, look at cancer in the rear window. Thanks for sharing this great news!
  • imagineit2010
    imagineit2010 Member Posts: 152 Member
    Sundanceh said:

Dearest Winter Marie

-Craig

Great news Craig!!!
    Hey Craig, you just made my day. I haven't posted on here for awhile but I check it out everyday. I, along with many others, have been praying for good news for you and your latest post brought on a huge sigh of relief for me. You are one of the backbones of this forum/community and it seems when you hurt, everyone hurts. I truly dislike coming on here sometimes with all the bad news, occassional bickering and helpless feelings reading about others struggles but occassionaly a post like yours changes the tide. I might find the courage to post about my own good fortune without letting the associated guilt stop me just before hitting the "Post comment" button... You're one tough cookie for cancer, just when it seems you're on the ropes with a standing eight count you counter with a barrage of your own. I certainly don't see anyone throwing in the towel yet. Keep fighting the good fight. There are alot of people pulling for you, not to be some kind of hero but just to be a survivor....
    Best of luck,
    take care, Chris
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Beautiful
    You said that so beautifully. Yes, Craig you are an inspiration.

Kim
  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    Sundanceh said:

Dearest Winter Marie

-Craig

OH WOW!!! I read your post

OH WOW!!! I read your post and kept thinking, OMG - the scan is clear??!!! And then I teared up over this news. I am soooo happy for you!! You mean a lot to us out here, probably more than you think... HUGS!!! Cynthia
  • Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member
    Sundanceh said:

Dearest Winter Marie

-Craig

Woo Hoo!
    No Evidence of Tumor!!!! After all you've been through I am so happy to hear this. Craig my hero!!!! HUGS
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Sundanceh said:

Dearest Winter Marie

-Craig

Wow
    Whew! That's fantastic, Craig!!! I'm so happy! I haven't been able to read on here today except for about 2 minutes, so when I saw a couple of headings with your name, I got nervous. Now I'm just excited!!!!

I really love that everybody clapped for you and congratulated you!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • Jaylo969
    Jaylo969 Member Posts: 824 Member
    Sundanceh said:

Dearest Winter Marie

-Craig

How sweet it is!
    The good news you just presented to us is so very sweet to my ears. Way to go, good buddy!
    Darn if I didn't need to hear something so good and real today.

You hang in there Craig.You have a host of friends pulling for you, you know?

-Pat
  • bruins1971
    bruins1971 Member Posts: 227
    Sundanceh said:

Dearest Winter Marie

-Craig

Great News
    Craig I just finished reading your post and WOW its seems like you have been put through the ringer over the past few years. But finally you have got some good news and that is just super and I hope you have a big Margarita to celebrate. Did I see you said you were in Big D? I live in Grand Prairie and I am fighting stage 4 myself but this is not about me this is about you finally getting great news. I am so happy for you and hope will will only keep hearing good news in the future.

Bobby
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Sundanceh said:

Dearest Winter Marie

-Craig

Craig
    Your news is just WONDERFUL!!!!
    Did you hear all of us clapping???
    Frame that Certification!!!!
    Thank you for your kind words.
    Winter Marie
  • Beautiful
    You said that so beautifully. Yes, Craig you are an inspiration.

Kim

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • Sundanceh
    Thanks Everyone!
    Gosh, there are so many wonderful feelings being expressed on this thread - I love to hear your hearts open up and your feelings spill forth:)

Really, really good stuff!

Winter was so sweet to open this post and share her thoughts so deeply - she's got a great big, wonderful heart that beats strong inside of her.

I had no idea I would get good news yesterday for feel emotions from finishing up treatment....but after the resident summarized the scan results for me, I just had to post after I saw Dizz's post.

Do you believe things happen for a reason?

Well from time to time...I think they just might.

Thanks again everyone - I really do appreciate your kindess and support:)

-Craig
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Sundanceh said:

Thanks Everyone!
    Gosh, there are so many wonderful feelings being expressed on this thread - I love to hear your hearts open up and your feelings spill forth:)

Really, really good stuff!

Winter was so sweet to open this post and share her thoughts so deeply - she's got a great big, wonderful heart that beats strong inside of her.

I had no idea I would get good news yesterday for feel emotions from finishing up treatment....but after the resident summarized the scan results for me, I just had to post after I saw Dizz's post.

Do you believe things happen for a reason?

Well from time to time...I think they just might.

Thanks again everyone - I really do appreciate your kindess and support:)

-Craig

Sorry Craig I had missed this post yesterday !
    Craig..............CONGRATULATIONS! that's all I can say! this are the news, I and we , need!.
    So it means there is nothing in you right now?.
    NED?, did they suggest any surgery ?.
    Congrats Again big guy!
  • Sundanceh
    pepebcn said:

Sorry Craig I had missed this post yesterday !
    Craig..............CONGRATULATIONS! that's all I can say! this are the news, I and we , need!.
    So it means there is nothing in you right now?.
    NED?, did they suggest any surgery ?.
    Congrats Again big guy!

Pepe
    Well, we're still fighting the big battle in the right lung, where we have waged all-out war these past four months.

10 more rounds of Folfiri are scheduled to try and dry up the leftover remains of the tumor that was excised during the surgery.

The other lung, the left, had gotten a tumor right after I got out of the surgery, so I was hoping this would disappear and fortunately, it sure did, at least for now.

I know you're in the middle of treatments - you're heard from me how hard it can be, but hang in there as I did. Doc said about a month after treatment stops to really begin to feel good, and hope to feel better in that regard.

Of course, Folfiri will take some of my weeks, but I hope to make it.

Due to all the inflammation in my right lung, the CT scan can show us nothing - and will not for you either when you complete it. We'll follow up with another CT for the rads to see how the area looks then - you'll be just behind me doing the same thing.

I'll keep you in the loop - if I can make it, you will too. A real whip, but part of the cost for being the boss, LOL:)

-Craig
  • coolvdub
    coolvdub Member Posts: 408 Member
    Sundanceh said:

Pepe
    Well, we're still fighting the big battle in the right lung, where we have waged all-out war these past four months.

10 more rounds of Folfiri are scheduled to try and dry up the leftover remains of the tumor that was excised during the surgery.

The other lung, the left, had gotten a tumor right after I got out of the surgery, so I was hoping this would disappear and fortunately, it sure did, at least for now.

I know you're in the middle of treatments - you're heard from me how hard it can be, but hang in there as I did. Doc said about a month after treatment stops to really begin to feel good, and hope to feel better in that regard.

Of course, Folfiri will take some of my weeks, but I hope to make it.

Due to all the inflammation in my right lung, the CT scan can show us nothing - and will not for you either when you complete it. We'll follow up with another CT for the rads to see how the area looks then - you'll be just behind me doing the same thing.

I'll keep you in the loop - if I can make it, you will too. A real whip, but part of the cost for being the boss, LOL:)

-Craig

Gonna keep it short
    Craig,

Congtats on the clear scan, such great news. You deserve it, way to go.

Don