Moist sensation in mouth?

Hal61
Hal61 Member Posts: 655
edited March 2014 in Head and Neck Cancer #1
Hey, wait a minute . . . that's saliva! I'm about nine months out of treatment and have had two straight days and nights of some saliva. So, things can happen at any time for any of us. Some of us are dealt a tougher hand to build on, and I have ongoing treatment issues, but I'll take any break I can get.

Coincidentally, I began the minimal "system charging" vitamin regimen Scam and others have posted here a few days earlier: folic acid, E, b12, multi, and threw in D. I have no reason to believe the vitamins helped the saliva, but it's worth mentioning. I know I wasn't getting the vitamins I needed anyway, so it was good I started and thanks to Scam and others for reiterating it now and then.

Hal

Comments

• Greg53
    Greg53 Member Posts: 849
    Spit
    Hal,
    Glad to hear you got some extra spit going. Hope your on-going treatments is going well!
    Greg
  • D Lewis
    D Lewis Member Posts: 1,581 Member
    Spit envy!
    I can't believe I have Spit Envy! Thanks for sharing the good news. You give me hope!

Deb
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    D Lewis said:

Spit envy!
    I can't believe I have Spit Envy! Thanks for sharing the good news. You give me hope!

Deb

Green eyed monster.
    Green eyed monster is working overtime here. I am jealous of your spit. :) but happy for you too.
  • Kimba1505
    Kimba1505 Member Posts: 557

Green eyed monster.
    Green eyed monster is working overtime here. I am jealous of your spit. :) but happy for you too.

Sought after spit.
    Hal, That is good news that some saliva has kicked in at the 9 month period. It is the one wish I hear Mark make often..."I wish I had more saliva". Of course he copes, and he is fortunate that he is eating well...but the vitamin/saliva timing...interesting.
    Kim
  • Pam M
    Pam M Member Posts: 2,196
    Yay
    Happy to hear you've gained some ground. Hope it keeps up.
  • fisrpotpe
    fisrpotpe Member Posts: 1,349 Member
    D Lewis said:

Spit envy!

Deb

Spit Envy - Love it!
    That is the statement I have been looking for as part of our new normal. All part of our every day life.

John

Hope is there for everyone....
  • Scambuster
    Scambuster Member Posts: 973
    Pam M said:

Yay
    Happy to hear you've gained some ground. Hope it keeps up.

Ain't it grand !
    Hal, Nice to hear you have a 'bit a spit' coming back. I remember the first time I could actually spit and while gross and foolish for some, I was ecstatic.

I now suck on 'Eclipse' sugar free breath freshener things and they help stimulate saliva. I have been getting accupunture for nearly a year now and have my HK lady following the treatment plan worked out by an American acupunturist, and it seems to have helped (thank you whoever it was posted that many months back). I am back up to 20%. Hope yours continues to improve as well.

Cheers Hal.
    Scam.