Brant

tootsie1
tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Just wanted to let y'all know that Melissa posted on Brant's caringbridge site, and it just about broke my heart. It's hard to believe, but it's been almost a year since he's been gone. Melissa shared how wonderfully Will is like Brant, and she also shared her raw pain.

Thought y'all would like to remember her and Will with special thoughts or prayers.

*hugs*
Gail

Comments

• melissaincali
    melissaincali Member Posts: 34
    Thanks so much for your kind
    Thanks so much for your kind words on the caringbridge site, Gail.

I come here often and check on everyone. I don't often post, but I check most weeks. You all still feel like family and I inwardly cheer for you when good news is posted and am concerned when bad news is posted.

This year has been terribly hard, but we are hanging in there. There have been good times along the way and so much support from friends and family. I wish there was a different way to come to the realization how beautiful and caring people can be. So much love and help has come our way from old friends and new friends. I'm looking forward to getting to a point where I can give back to those who have helped me so. I'm getting there.

Much love to everyone,
    Melissa
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Melissa:
    Life does go on, good days and bad days. Sounds like that little one is keeping you busy. I wish you nothing but the best life has to offer as you move forward in life without Brant. As caregivers, it is incredibly hard to watch our loved ones suffer with this horid disease and that we are powerless in the twists and turns it takes, but we plug along as best we can. We lost Lizbiz shortly after Brant followed by so many others, well, it has been a tough year on the board, so very many whom you get to know through this board and poof, their jouney is over. So many, like your Brant, were way too young for this disease, so many children left behind.

Give that little guy a big hug from the board and tell him it is from people his mom never knew in person, only in her heart, who care about the two of you so very much.

Take care and come back now and again and let us know how things are going. We often wonder how families are doing.

Hugs - Tina
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member

I come here often and check on everyone. I don't often post, but I check most weeks. You all still feel like family and I inwardly cheer for you when good news is posted and am concerned when bad news is posted.

This year has been terribly hard, but we are hanging in there. There have been good times along the way and so much support from friends and family. I wish there was a different way to come to the realization how beautiful and caring people can be. So much love and help has come our way from old friends and new friends. I'm looking forward to getting to a point where I can give back to those who have helped me so. I'm getting there.

Much love to everyone,
    Melissa

Melissa
    I am so glad you posted. Thank you for checking in on us and for the good thoughts for everyone here. I have been thinking about you + Will a lot recently, knowing it was ~ 1 year ago when you made the trip to NYC. I have admired you + your strength. I have a feeling you have given back to people already more than you already know. Best wishes to you.
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Thanks Gail!

Thanks Gail!
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Thank You!
    Thank you, Gail:)

Melissa, how wonderful it is to hear from you! I still cannot imagine what you or anyone who loses a spouse goes through - it is heartbreaking, but am glad you can be in touch and post your raw feelings...I know this really does help.

Sounds like you have a great support group around you and Will - that is such a blessing to have an army like that around you when you need them.

Continued best to you!

-Craig
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member

Much love to everyone,
    Melissa

You're so welcome
    Melissa,

You're so very welcome for anything I have said that might have been some small comfort. I know these holidays have to be brutal for you.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Melissa
    Melissa,
    I just have to smile looking at that picture of you and Will. You know I think of you often and keep the two of you in my prayers. I've been thinking about everything you were going through this time last year. I hope bit, by bit there is some healing.
    Know that we care deeply about you and Will.

Aloha,
    Kathleen