I hope everyone turkey was good

Options
canjuncutie
canjuncutie Member Posts: 131
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My was not good I itched my way thru.lol. I dont like taxol at all. My port was a pain in my neck i couldnt eat or drink right. and it is still a pain. I am going to rip it out. Onco just laugh it working I dont care any more. Ever since it was put in I couldnt eat or drink right. Finding work is not easy either wearing a wig. They look at you and tell you come back after it done. My whole body is itchy the benadryl does not work.

Comments

• KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    sorry to hear you are so uncomfortable
    Dear Cajuncutie,
    Sorry you are so uncomfortable and feeling miserable right now. We have all gone through rough patches on this BC journey. My heart goes out to you. Sending you positive energy and prayers. Hang in there, there are indeed better days ahead although right now it doesn't seem to be the case.
    Distracting activities and doing things you enjoy helps in the short term. Hope you are communicating your need for more effective medication to address your itching with your Onc docs and nurses.
    Hugs, K
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about the
    I'm sorry to hear about the itches and the port, you sound very uncomfortable. Can you use calomine or hydrocortisone for the itches? Maybe that with the benadryl will work.

I hope you're feeling better soon.

Hugs,

Linda
  • pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    Options
    Itchies
    I had the itchies terrible for several months. Benadryl, over the counter creams, nothing worked. Finally went to a dermatolagist got a high intensity cortisone spray. That and allegra in the a.m. and zrytek in the evening and pepcid AC finally got it under control. Don't rely on just OTC things...there are better drugs out there. Also, try eating Activia,

Sorry you are itching....I totally empathize!

Best,

Patti
  • webbwife50
    webbwife50 Member Posts: 394
    Options
    Hi Cutie, that is a bummer
    Hi Cutie, that is a bummer your port is so bothersome, I think I might complain louder to my onc if it complicates eating and drinking! I know taxol can be a ****, I did 4 rounds of the long taxol, and was a mess, try and just count down the rounds and be good to yourself. This too shall pass! Keep your chin up! Aren't I just full of it! Hugs....alison
    Didn't have turkey, maybe for xmas, but thanks for asking.