My laptop is dying

Options
CypressCynthia
CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My old laptop is dying. It does not have a virus (had it checked) and my hubby is pretty sure it is a gear in the hard drive as it makes horrible noises.

Luckily, it has been doing weird things for awhile now, so Katherine insisted that we get me a new laptop for Christmas that she picked out. I said I didn't need it and I could use her dad's, but she had a fit and played the cancer card ("you have cancer and you deserve a working computer, blah, blah).

But, in the meantime, my computer sounds like a propeller airplane sputtering. I can't copy and paste as it will freeze. And it freezes other times too.

Now I am really looking forward to the new one and wondering how I can wait!

Comments

• Hubby
    Hubby Member Posts: 325
    Options
    Backup all of your files!!!!

• Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    That's nice of her to get
    That's nice of her to get you a new one! The holiday season seems to be a good time for old laptops to kick the bucket - mine died days after Christmas last year & Tim scored a great deal on a new laptop for me in the after-Christmas sales!
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options

That's nice of her to get you a new one! The holiday season seems to be a good time for old laptops to kick the bucket - mine died days after Christmas last year & Tim scored a great deal on a new laptop for me in the after-Christmas sales!

I can't imagine
    Cypress Cynthia without a computer!!

I'm glad you raised a sensible daughter!!

xoxo
    Victoria
  • CypressCynthia
    Options

Oh, she didn't get me a new
    Oh, she didn't get me a new one...lol. Danny and I got me a new one. She's a PA student and her money is our money. She was sweet about talking me into it.

She has a parttime job, but she is so swamped with clinicals right now, she can't really work. The good news is she should graduate in May. There will be major celebrating when that day arrives!!!! We are going to Disney World, of course.
  • CypressCynthia
    Options
    Hubby said:

Done
    Did that this am. My photos are now all on photoshop, thank goodness.
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the
    Sorry to hear about the laptop, but I'm sure a new one will be lots of fun! Hmmm...wonder where your daughter gets all those smarts??

My husband repairs laptops, if you send me a PM with the details of the dying one (make, model, memory, etc.) he might be interested in buying it from you.