What else can you do to improve your chances ? Please read.

Options
2»

Comments

• sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    Hondo said:

Hi Sweet

Amazing web site, my heart doctor is Vegan and told me if I want to control my blood pressure with out using drugs change how I eat. I am on a change and will let you all know if it works in a few weeks like he said it would.

Hondo
    Hope it works for you.

There is no way I could ever be a vegan. I wish I could eat meat now. Lol. If I could swallow it, I'd be eating it.
  • frank10g said:

Avemar
    Hi Rose,
    Thank you for the info on the avemar. I was just wondering if taking avemar after treatment (NED) is beneficial? I would do/eat anything to prevent recurrence.
    Frank

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options

Hondo
    Hope it works for you.

There is no way I could ever be a vegan. I wish I could eat meat now. Lol. If I could swallow it, I'd be eating it.

Sweet

Just two days into eating raw veggies and juicing and I can already feel and see a different in my blood pressure.

I was a vegetarian for almost 15 years right before my first cancer in 2002, now days I do eat a little meat but not too much, but I do love Fish, it is hard for me to pass up a Long John Silver.

Take care
    Hondo
  • Scambuster
    Scambuster Member Posts: 973
    Options

Here's another reason I'm skeptical.
    Here's another reason I'm skeptical. The China Study was written for Dr. Campbell to make money, he didn't do it for free. Also how do you know he's legit? Did you research his background or call the universities to make sure of his studies. I'm not saying this to be difficult, I just don't trust anyone, ever. I trusted my doctor in 2007 that what I had under my tongue was a blocked salivary gland. Also two separate doc's in 2009, both wrong. How do we know? They can tell us anything they want. Also how do you know that milk grows cancer? Because of the China study or is that a commmonly known thing? I will get the China Study and read it. I will also ask my current onco about it, as I said he went to Cornell maybe he's heard of it? I really want to know because if this book is right, there is a whole lot I've been doing wrong, including to my children.

Find the truth
    Shelly,
    It sounds like you are in a difficult place regarding who to trust. This is understandable when you have had bad diagnoses and been on the wrong side of unscrupulous people with hidden agendas. I have been there too, that is why I ask opinions and then ‘I’ make the decisions on what I do.

As for Doctor Campbell and the China Study, well you suggest it is a money making scam ?? Well - you can download the book for free. How is that for an answer? Send me yr email and I will send you a copy by email. If you think the book is good, go out and buy one. It’s a good one to have in your bookshelf anyway. I have since bought over 8 books and given a copy each to all my Doctors and also some family members and close friends I care about. I have spent over $250,000 on my Doctors and treatments to date ! I was happy to part with the $30 whatever to buy this book. Campbell is worth a million bucks to me. The people who think such works are money makers have simple not read this book and are closed to new information.

As for veracity, the book is the result of the largest ever study on human nutrition ever undertaken, no small feat. The Milk protein (Casein) study was a result of a chance meeting with an Indian researcher who made the discovery. This was contrary to Campbell belief (he was also a farm boy like me – Milk n Meat) and he was also heading a program to provide high protein diets to poor countries in order to relieve the juvenile mortality rates in those countries, so hearing that doing so could actually cause harm made him sit up and start asking questions.

He eventually got funding and recreated and expanded on the experiments done by the Indian Doctor, and his finding showed 100% the Indian guy was right.

The medical community and agricultural communities are not too happy about this fact and so it’s of no benefit to them to let this information rise to the surface.
    The result lead Campbell to search further and the book will lead you through his journey for discoveries. Dr T. Colin Campbell is a Key note Speaker but he is now quite elderly and I believe does not tour regularly. He is a Nutrition Activist, and has devoted his life to helping people discover a better life through nutrition. His book was not the sole source of my research but the book put all the others into perspective and made all the pieces of the puzzle join together and things just became very very clear. (I have been studying health and nutrition for over 30 years but with no real urgency or high priority because I was always in OK shape.. till August 2009. My C Diagnosis was the game changer).

Bottom line is we consume too much stuff that is not so good for us, and not enough of the stuff that is good for us. We simply don’t need anywhere near the level of protein we have been told to eat by the likes of the FDA and our Doctors, and the way we get protein does not need to be predominantly from meat (in fact none of it does). When I hear the “Oh we need meat for protein, adn to grow muscle and bone, and recover from surgery, and and and..”. Well dang - how the hell could our family have raised 1200 lb bullocks by the truckload for market without one single beast ever consuming 1 ounce of meat !! They ate 100% green grass which of course is … well, a vegetable. Hmmmm ?? Makes you think.

The agricultural boards (Meat, Egg, Poulty and Milk) , FDA, Pharmaceutical Companies and big food ‘manufacturers’ all have some serious explaining to do as do. They have been duping us since the year dot. Very big, very wealthy, very powerful. Sad but true. They own us.

As for you feeling guilty about your diet and that of your kids, well don’t beat yourself up over that. We are all guilty of the same. You do owe it to yourself, and you kids however, to rectify things, and it’s of no great effort. There is a mind shift involved like any big change. There are various ways to make this changes Shelly and I really don’t know to what extent you need to change. Some people go cold turkey, and just go veg or you can slowly eliminate the bad stuff week by week. Sugar and salt are somewhat addictive so there will be an adjustment period and challenges.

Reading the China Study really made it easier for me to make those changes and I hope it does the same for you. Your kids may revolt but that is a family discipline issue which I can’t help you with. Just remember the hunman body is very tolerant. Just look around and see how how badly people traet their bodies and are still breathing. The chances that things can go wrong simpy increase with the level of abuse. Soem get away away with it, some of us don't.

The SAD (Standard American Diet) being accepted as the ‘norm’, is very sad indeed. Think about how much crap is consumed where Coke & Sodas are the main form of fluid people 9&theor kids) consume in their home (Oh and with ice !). People live out of packets, jars and processed food and takeaways. To really get on board, you need to simply start from scratch and any reference to what is thought to be a good or balanced diet in relation to the SAD, delete from your mind, we have been fooled into believing what we ‘did’ was OK when it in relation to the SAD was far from that.

If you shop only on the 'Fresh Produce' section of your supermarket, you never need to read the packet or the ingredients, don’t worry about calories, salt, sugar or fats ! Easy. Even if you don’t buy organic, don’t worry, non organic fresh foods are far far better that the packaged and processed crap.

Even clothing manufacturers have joined in by making size tags more PC. Can you tell me why my clothing labels say: EUR L USA M ??? This is making obesity acceptable. This is also why many people think the standard BMI (Body Mass Index) is not correct. If you are on your correct BMI you will look as thin as an aid sufferer. Can this be right ?? . (Muscle men may be excluded).

The massive consumption of crap foods, fatty meats, processed food (white flour), sugars, salts, additives, enhancers, chemicals, bad oils and too much of all of it, has lead to a health crisis of epidemic proportion in the Western world and now it’s starting in Asia with the introduction of high protein diets and junk foods. If you consume this crap, you WILL increase risk of Cardio Vascular Disease, Diabetes, and Cancer. You WILL increase the chance of recurrence and decrease your chances of full recovery.

If you make a choice to stop consuming this rubbish and give your body only ‘good’ food, then all the numbers start to look better and we can give ourselves and our families a fighting chance and set them on a better path to a healthy life.

The China Study simply looks at the difference in pathologies over large areas and populations to show the marked difference caused by diet and nutrition. It’s not a fad diet book, he is not selling a home Gym you can slide under your bed, no calorie charts, no products, no meal plans, just results from research and some underlying explanations of metabolic and anatomical processes.

Don’t give up trust Shelly. Discover your own truth and become free and gain control of things on your terms. Information is the key, so keep looking, keep an open mind, and you will find the answers you need.

Best
    Scam

PS Thanks Rose, great additions and information. Waiting on feedback fm Naturopaths on Avemar. Will share when it comes. Tx

PSS Hondo, great to hear you are going green again, I'm sure it will help. I almost lost my Father over Christmas, Pneumonia, heart, diabetes, polymyalgia ... all diet related. He is now on the path and has already ditched his BP meds, prednisone and insulin.
  • Find the truth
    Shelly,
    It sounds like you are in a difficult place regarding who to trust. This is understandable when you have had bad diagnoses and been on the wrong side of unscrupulous people with hidden agendas. I have been there too, that is why I ask opinions and then ‘I’ make the decisions on what I do.

As for Doctor Campbell and the China Study, well you suggest it is a money making scam ?? Well - you can download the book for free. How is that for an answer? Send me yr email and I will send you a copy by email. If you think the book is good, go out and buy one. It’s a good one to have in your bookshelf anyway. I have since bought over 8 books and given a copy each to all my Doctors and also some family members and close friends I care about. I have spent over $250,000 on my Doctors and treatments to date ! I was happy to part with the $30 whatever to buy this book. Campbell is worth a million bucks to me. The people who think such works are money makers have simple not read this book and are closed to new information.

As for veracity, the book is the result of the largest ever study on human nutrition ever undertaken, no small feat. The Milk protein (Casein) study was a result of a chance meeting with an Indian researcher who made the discovery. This was contrary to Campbell belief (he was also a farm boy like me – Milk n Meat) and he was also heading a program to provide high protein diets to poor countries in order to relieve the juvenile mortality rates in those countries, so hearing that doing so could actually cause harm made him sit up and start asking questions.

He eventually got funding and recreated and expanded on the experiments done by the Indian Doctor, and his finding showed 100% the Indian guy was right.

The medical community and agricultural communities are not too happy about this fact and so it’s of no benefit to them to let this information rise to the surface.
    The result lead Campbell to search further and the book will lead you through his journey for discoveries. Dr T. Colin Campbell is a Key note Speaker but he is now quite elderly and I believe does not tour regularly. He is a Nutrition Activist, and has devoted his life to helping people discover a better life through nutrition. His book was not the sole source of my research but the book put all the others into perspective and made all the pieces of the puzzle join together and things just became very very clear. (I have been studying health and nutrition for over 30 years but with no real urgency or high priority because I was always in OK shape.. till August 2009. My C Diagnosis was the game changer).

Bottom line is we consume too much stuff that is not so good for us, and not enough of the stuff that is good for us. We simply don’t need anywhere near the level of protein we have been told to eat by the likes of the FDA and our Doctors, and the way we get protein does not need to be predominantly from meat (in fact none of it does). When I hear the “Oh we need meat for protein, adn to grow muscle and bone, and recover from surgery, and and and..”. Well dang - how the hell could our family have raised 1200 lb bullocks by the truckload for market without one single beast ever consuming 1 ounce of meat !! They ate 100% green grass which of course is … well, a vegetable. Hmmmm ?? Makes you think.

The agricultural boards (Meat, Egg, Poulty and Milk) , FDA, Pharmaceutical Companies and big food ‘manufacturers’ all have some serious explaining to do as do. They have been duping us since the year dot. Very big, very wealthy, very powerful. Sad but true. They own us.

As for you feeling guilty about your diet and that of your kids, well don’t beat yourself up over that. We are all guilty of the same. You do owe it to yourself, and you kids however, to rectify things, and it’s of no great effort. There is a mind shift involved like any big change. There are various ways to make this changes Shelly and I really don’t know to what extent you need to change. Some people go cold turkey, and just go veg or you can slowly eliminate the bad stuff week by week. Sugar and salt are somewhat addictive so there will be an adjustment period and challenges.

Reading the China Study really made it easier for me to make those changes and I hope it does the same for you. Your kids may revolt but that is a family discipline issue which I can’t help you with. Just remember the hunman body is very tolerant. Just look around and see how how badly people traet their bodies and are still breathing. The chances that things can go wrong simpy increase with the level of abuse. Soem get away away with it, some of us don't.

The SAD (Standard American Diet) being accepted as the ‘norm’, is very sad indeed. Think about how much crap is consumed where Coke & Sodas are the main form of fluid people 9&theor kids) consume in their home (Oh and with ice !). People live out of packets, jars and processed food and takeaways. To really get on board, you need to simply start from scratch and any reference to what is thought to be a good or balanced diet in relation to the SAD, delete from your mind, we have been fooled into believing what we ‘did’ was OK when it in relation to the SAD was far from that.

If you shop only on the 'Fresh Produce' section of your supermarket, you never need to read the packet or the ingredients, don’t worry about calories, salt, sugar or fats ! Easy. Even if you don’t buy organic, don’t worry, non organic fresh foods are far far better that the packaged and processed crap.

Even clothing manufacturers have joined in by making size tags more PC. Can you tell me why my clothing labels say: EUR L USA M ??? This is making obesity acceptable. This is also why many people think the standard BMI (Body Mass Index) is not correct. If you are on your correct BMI you will look as thin as an aid sufferer. Can this be right ?? . (Muscle men may be excluded).

The massive consumption of crap foods, fatty meats, processed food (white flour), sugars, salts, additives, enhancers, chemicals, bad oils and too much of all of it, has lead to a health crisis of epidemic proportion in the Western world and now it’s starting in Asia with the introduction of high protein diets and junk foods. If you consume this crap, you WILL increase risk of Cardio Vascular Disease, Diabetes, and Cancer. You WILL increase the chance of recurrence and decrease your chances of full recovery.

If you make a choice to stop consuming this rubbish and give your body only ‘good’ food, then all the numbers start to look better and we can give ourselves and our families a fighting chance and set them on a better path to a healthy life.

The China Study simply looks at the difference in pathologies over large areas and populations to show the marked difference caused by diet and nutrition. It’s not a fad diet book, he is not selling a home Gym you can slide under your bed, no calorie charts, no products, no meal plans, just results from research and some underlying explanations of metabolic and anatomical processes.

Don’t give up trust Shelly. Discover your own truth and become free and gain control of things on your terms. Information is the key, so keep looking, keep an open mind, and you will find the answers you need.

Best
    Scam

PS Thanks Rose, great additions and information. Waiting on feedback fm Naturopaths on Avemar. Will share when it comes. Tx

PSS Hondo, great to hear you are going green again, I'm sure it will help. I almost lost my Father over Christmas, Pneumonia, heart, diabetes, polymyalgia ... all diet related. He is now on the path and has already ditched his BP meds, prednisone and insulin.

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • Hal61
    Hal61 Member Posts: 655
    Options
    Hondo said:

Sweet

Just two days into eating raw veggies and juicing and I can already feel and see a different in my blood pressure.

I was a vegetarian for almost 15 years right before my first cancer in 2002, now days I do eat a little meat but not too much, but I do love Fish, it is hard for me to pass up a Long John Silver.

Take care
    Hondo

Coincidence
    Hi Hondo, I'm waiting on a Jack Lalanne juicer I ordered two days ago. I've also ordered a "blender" attachment for my magic bullet so that I can make what are called "green smoothies." If "green smoothie" is googled, there are lots of videos and recipes. Like many here, I've been concentrating on getting calories in during and after treatment. Both juicing, and green smoothies are great ways to get the fiber and nutririon I've been shorting myself on. If you try green smoothies, use a little apple or pineapple juice witht he water and stick with lettuce and spinach with the fruits to make them Move up to the hard-core kale, and collard type smoothies once you find a few that are tasty.

best, Hal
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    Hal61 said:

Coincidence
    Hi Hondo, I'm waiting on a Jack Lalanne juicer I ordered two days ago. I've also ordered a "blender" attachment for my magic bullet so that I can make what are called "green smoothies." If "green smoothie" is googled, there are lots of videos and recipes. Like many here, I've been concentrating on getting calories in during and after treatment. Both juicing, and green smoothies are great ways to get the fiber and nutririon I've been shorting myself on. If you try green smoothies, use a little apple or pineapple juice witht he water and stick with lettuce and spinach with the fruits to make them Move up to the hard-core kale, and collard type smoothies once you find a few that are tasty.

best, Hal

Trying to get back to juicing too.
    I too just got started back with my juicer a litlle bit. I am very good with getting veggies in, fruits still burn my tongue. I have been able to drink a juice of 2 apples, 1 carrot and one orange with the addition of L-Glutamine. I juice my apples first and then use the pulp to make my apple banana oatmeal with. This way I'm getting in the fibre too.

Going to try my old green drink when I can get out to the store again to buy fruit. I used to do 1 cucumber, 1 green apple, 1 pear, 1 celery stalk, 1 handful of spinach, Few sprigs parsley, and some green grapes. I will see how it goes down with the addition of the Glutamine, hopefully that will help my tongue better tolerate it. If not, I will try again in a couple of months and hope my tongue is a little better. I have really missed my juiced and smoothies. Hoping by this summer I will be able to do peaches and melons again. Stupid tongue. :(
  • sue5749
    sue5749 Member Posts: 170
    Options

Health and Healing
    HI Shelly,

I understand your skepticism and confusion. I have followed holistic healing for over 30 years and I now 'cherry pick' my treatments from all methods of medicine, both conventional and alternative. Do my Doctors know best ? Definitely not always - and by a long stretch. They know about 'their' methods, but that is usually the full extent of their knowledge. Doctors bury 20,000 medical mistakes every year in the US alone Shelly.

As for the China Study, firstly, it is a not a book about cures or treatment, it a book about nutrition and the outcomes as will manifest as our heath and well-being. He has done a very expensive study to show that diet is a major factor affecting our health. As we all know, other factors of environment, genetics also play a role, but diet is clearly a major contributor.

If you have a healthy diet, you are stacking the deck in your favor for you health, and more importantly for me -recovery and disease prevention (recurrence). When I say healthy diet, I mean that as outline in the China study NOT what many people consider to be healthy - which in many cases is just a 'Not quite as bad version of the SAD' (Standard American Diet). The SAD is a shocker !

Did I ask my Doctors about the China Study ? Absolutely. What they say ? They all scoffed but also, NONE of them had read the book. So I bought 3 copies and got an agreement from them to read the books. I confronted my Oncologist (Chemo Ali) about the book and in particular the fact that most hospital supplied Nutritional supplements contain a high level of Casein (Milk protein) which is shown 100% to progress Cancer. He became embarrassed, mumbled. shrugged pathetically and then tried to change the subject. He does however now tell me nutrition is very important, especially vegetables. A far cry from the guy who tried to pump me full of Ensure and Ice Cream 15 months ago..

Shelly, the bottom line is Doctors do NOT study nutrition. Unfortunately, many are too arrogant and ignorant to admit they know little or nothing about it, yet they maintain the almighty power to tell you what is good and what is bad. They study anatomy, pathology pharmacology and surgery so that is what they know. Anything else is an encroachment. I have dealt with and watched this battle for many years. it is changing - but very slowly.

Natural Medicine generally studies the cause of disease and aims to treat from that perspective i.e. the cause. If fatty meats, processed foods, and excessive sugar intake can lead to heart disease, cancer and diabetes should we take pills, chemo and radiation to treat the symptoms and problems OR stopping ingesting the major cause ??

If you read enough, and have contact with many people in the health industry (both sides), you will establish your own baseline, and feel comfortable with your decisions, but never stop learning. There are many people on this site who now subscribe to Natural therapies and also like me use a combination (Complimentary therapy) and most with very positive outcomes. The majority of these posts on CSN are not about the effect of Cancer, but about what the treatments have done to us. That is the price we pay for taking this path.

I am not saying don't go with conventional treatment, but I always suggest people take a complimentary approach to 1. Improve chances of survival, 2. Increase efficacy of treatments, 3, Reduce side and ongoing effects from treatment 4. Reduce chances or a recurrence and lastly 5. Improve their health for a better life after this horrible journey.

I have more on my BLOG and Expressions pages if you wish to delve further, but I am glad you raised this point as there are many out there in exactly the same position as you so good on you for asking questions.

Sadly, the FDA and Pharmaceutical Companies rule and influence the medical profession far beyond what most people realize. I suggest you read the China Study from cover to cover and then make your choices about your diet and lifestyle. You have nothing to lose, and everything gain.

The one thing you will have to come to terms with Shelly, is your Doctors do NOT always know best (often they just don't know period) and that you may have to work against their recommendations. My approach now is I ask my Doctors for their opinion/advice as opposed to them telling me what to do. There is a big difference.

All the best and thanks again for your post.
    Scambuster

I agree
    Whow I found what you said very interesting and believe the way you do! Thanks for posting it!!