New Guy in the Neighborhood

Options
JohnBinDC
JohnBinDC Member Posts: 91 Member
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
Hi everyone! I am new and just completed my PET scan after having a Thoracotomy about 18 months ago that ended up being a wedge resection (biopsy revealed no cancer). The PET lit up a mass in my left lung and 2 nodules in my lymph nodes. I do not yet have a definitive diagnosis and that should come after my next Monday's biopsy. All indications are lung cancer, but there is a remote chance this could be an infection or inflammation of some sort, though this is doubtful. I am preparing for the lung cancer diagnosis and this site seems to have a lot of terrific people who are willing to share their knowledge, experience, and hope.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and I am looking forward to being a part of the group. I suppose the only things I can control are my actions regarding treatment and my outlook. I can't control the outcome, but if the focus is right on the first two, then there may be a better chance for a favorable outcome.

Happy Thanksgiving to yu.

John

Comments

• suekgaard
    suekgaard Member Posts: 28
    Options
    we3lcome
    Welcome John, and Happy Thanksgiving to you.
  • z
    z Member Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    John
    I opt for the remote chance its inflammation or infection. I really don't want to see you here again. But if it happens to be lung cancer after the biopsy, I welcome you here. I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving and I pray for the best results of the biopsy. Lori
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    Options
    Welcome John
    I will be thinking of you on Monday and hoping you will only need to come back here to tell us that it was NOT cancer. Don't give up hope yet, there are some who were told by their doctors that they had cancer only to find out it was an infection. I'm hoping that is what they will find for you.

If it is cancer you have come to the right place for information, advice and encouragement.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and please post as soon as you get the biopsy results. We are here for you.

Stay well,
    Glenna
  • mamacita5
    mamacita5 Member Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Glenna M said:

Welcome John
    I will be thinking of you on Monday and hoping you will only need to come back here to tell us that it was NOT cancer. Don't give up hope yet, there are some who were told by their doctors that they had cancer only to find out it was an infection. I'm hoping that is what they will find for you.

If it is cancer you have come to the right place for information, advice and encouragement.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and please post as soon as you get the biopsy results. We are here for you.

Stay well,
    Glenna

Best Wishes John
    I hope you won't need to become a member of our "club", but if you do, you will find some wonderful and caring people here. Happy Thanksgiving!