just an update

Options
greybeard64
greybeard64 Member Posts: 254
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hey all

As someone pointed out to me in a message I havent been around lately. I have been so busy around here and in such a wonderful way I let this slip away.

That little note from my friend was a reminder, not that she meant it as such she was merely being a concerned and caring friend and I took it in the manner she sent it. However it did get me thinking that I kind of shirked my duties, at least in my own mind, in regards to this site and the wonderful people who frequent it.

If we have good news we should share it, I know I myself have benefited greatly from the positive posts of others. Given the season, seems even more important now.

So that being said here is what is going on wiht Greybeard.

My middle daughter, her husband and two year old daughter have moved back here from Salt Lake City. They are staying with us until they can get a place of their own. Since they have returned this same daughter gave birth to a healthy happy baby boy. He is my third grandson and my fifth grandchild. His name is Bror Christopher, my son in law got the first name from the movie "out of africa" (Apparently the character isnt to nice but he loved the name) and the middle name was chosen because it is my first name. Yeah my Son-in-Law picked it, I told him he was sucking up, and that there was absolutely nothing wrong with that LOL.

My wife has been traveling lately with work, and I just got back myself from New Edinburg, Ark. I have family there and I try to go down every year to visit and deer hunt. It has been hit or miss for a few years now as one might imagine. they have a wonderful place out away from everything and the solitude of the location along with their wonderful company and hospitality have always managed to recharge me mentaly so to speak. For you hunters out there yes I got one. nothing to write home about, but I dont hunt for antlers anyway, ya cant eat them pointy things and at least for me that has never been what it was about.

And last but CERTAINLY not least...I received my third clear scan. I thought it was my second actually but the wife, who is far better at remembering things than I am corrected me (sometimes being corrected is a nice thing :) So it has been over one a year now NED!! I still have some issues but they are certainly minor in comparison to where I have been, and I would be happy to live with what I have for many years to come if given that chance.

So there are the highlights. Sorry it took this long to post.
As always I hope this finds ya smilin'
May your holidays be wonderful and may you be wrapped in the warmth and love of all of those who are dear to you throughout the season and for all the days ahead.

greybeard (Chris)

Comments

• Kerry S
    Kerry S Member Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    So glad to see you back and NED
    Chris,

So glad to see you back and NED. I have missed your insight.

Kerry
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    Wondering
    Was wondering where you have been but glad to hear that all is ok. Sometimes just a check in once in a while is great, but glad your life is so filled with great news. Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for the update.

Kim
  • Jaylo969
    Jaylo969 Member Posts: 824 Member
    Options

Wondering
    Was wondering where you have been but glad to hear that all is ok. Sometimes just a check in once in a while is great, but glad your life is so filled with great news. Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for the update.

Kim

Hey Chris!
    Glad to see you and congrats on 3 clear scans. Way to Go!!

Come and visit as often as you can.

Happy Holidays to you and yours.

-Pat
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    great news!
    Sounds like things are going really well in your neck of the woods! Thanks for posting, have an awesome Thanksgiving!
    mary
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    Options
    msccolon said:

great news!
    Sounds like things are going really well in your neck of the woods! Thanks for posting, have an awesome Thanksgiving!
    mary

hello Chris
    hello Chris ....how lovely to see you. Sounds like all is well with you including NED.....what more can a fella ask for.....have a great holiday

maggie
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Options
    maglets said:

hello Chris
    hello Chris ....how lovely to see you. Sounds like all is well with you including NED.....what more can a fella ask for.....have a great holiday

maggie

Congratulations Chris!
    Just a great new! Happy turkey,s day!
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Options
    Thanks for checking in
    I am glad that it was the good things in life which have kept you busy.

Hope you and your family enjoy a wonderful holiday season.

Come on back when you can, even if just to say "hi"

Marie
  • tina dasilva
    tina dasilva Member Posts: 641
    Options
    AWESOME
    Chris wow awesome news for a new comer to this site.
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options

AWESOME
    Chris wow awesome news for a new comer to this site.

Hey Chris!!!!!!!!!!
    I was so happy to see your post. It has been so long and I have missed you...LOTS! Great news about everything..... especially your good health. Thanks for checking in... I was getting real worried.... Take care.

Jennie
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options
    So glad to hear from you!
    We have missed you! I am glad you checked in + am so happy for all your good news. Keep on doing what you are doing; it is obviously working.
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Yay!
    Hey, Chris.

It's so good to hear from you and to know that you've been gone because you've been living a happy and healthy life. Good for you!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • daydreamer110761
    daydreamer110761 Member Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    tootsie1 said:

Yay!
    Hey, Chris.

It's so good to hear from you and to know that you've been gone because you've been living a happy and healthy life. Good for you!

*hugs*
    Gail

yippie!
    Congrats on the clear scan! and also for becoming a grandpa - again! It's always great to hear that one has been away for good reasons! Enjoy life!
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Options

yippie!
    Congrats on the clear scan! and also for becoming a grandpa - again! It's always great to hear that one has been away for good reasons! Enjoy life!

Wonderful News! Congrats on
    Wonderful News! Congrats on the new babe! Stay healthy, busy, and happy!
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    glad to hear from you
    Hi Chris,

I'm glad you decided to check in with us and let us know how you're doing! Yes, it's great hearing your continued "all clear" news! Enjoy the holidays and keep checking in every now and then :)

Lisa
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Options
    Great to hear from you
    Chris,
    Thanks for checking in. It is wonderful that you are NED and enjoying life! Keep enjoying your great family!

Aloha,
    Kathleen