Options
2»

Comments

• Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    meena1 said:

I went to the Mall today!!!!
    I went to the Mall today!!!! with my daughter a hubby, it was mobbed! Most of the stores we could not even get into, but the sales were awesome. I got what i needed. then i went to walmart, which was not bad at all and i got a few things there, so i did pretty good. Tonight we had turkey sandwhiches and tomorrow my hubby is taking me to dinner. Great day

Meena-we went to the mall on
    Meena-we went to the mall on black friday also - not early or anything though - turns out our vacuum that we took to Sears to get repaired was fixed, so we picked that up, I had a Victoria's Secret gift card that my BF got me for my birthday that I wanted to get myself something comfy with (no luck - crappy in-store deals that day but GREAT online deals!!) - we took the stroller for Doodie (my 2 yr old), visited our neice who works at a Chocolate shop in the mall (free samples!), and took the girls to see Santa Claus. I'll have to post their pic, I have it up on facebook but not here. All in all, it was actually pretty painless! Well, other than me having a RAGING hot flash in the middle of a very crowded Victoria's Secret which made me want to rip off my wig, along with most of my clothes. I'm sure the crowds are very relieved I didn't - that's one secret Victoria wants to keep to herself - having BC a year & a half after having a baby - not losing all the baby weight PLUS steroid & tamoxifen puffiness & weight gain = not quite supermodel figure ;)
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    meena1 said:

I went to the Mall today!!!!
    I went to the Mall today!!!! with my daughter a hubby, it was mobbed! Most of the stores we could not even get into, but the sales were awesome. I got what i needed. then i went to walmart, which was not bad at all and i got a few things there, so i did pretty good. Tonight we had turkey sandwhiches and tomorrow my hubby is taking me to dinner. Great day

2 very brave sisters!
    Meena, you and Heather are 2 very brave sisters! I can't imagine going shopping on black friday and you two did. Kudos to you two!

Hoping that by your going shopping Meena, that it means you are feeling better!

Sue :)
  • Different Ballgame
    Options
    I think it is absolutely horrible!!!!
    What is wrong? I think it is absolutely horrible that people cannot totally enjoy Thanksgiving Day. To those who work retail and have to return to work at such an early hour on Friday, that is abominable. Everyone should have the luxury of enjoying a holiday without having to rush back to work in the middle of the night.

What is wrong with shopping the normal hours?

Hugs,
    Janelle
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options

Never have and dont' plan on
    Never have and dont' plan on every doing Black Friday..I am most done with shopping..usually wrapped by now..but my daughter and grandsons live with us..so hard to do with them around...I dont' like to shop so shopping in crowd is not my idea of fun

I love Christmas and
    I love Christmas and everything that goes with it, EXCEPT, shopping on black friday. LOL
  • Jean T. Szabo
    Jean T. Szabo Member Posts: 193
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

Not me
    I went years ago with my sister and in the afternoon would go to a movie but not since the world went crazy. We don't even drive close to the mall.

Black Friday
    TV show someone being trampled going into the WalMart store in Rochester, New York!
    There were a few other push and shoves reported and hospitization needed. No way do I go shopping on this day. Used to be a shop-aholoic, have changed my ways. Buy when need and usually save up before I buy. Black Friday was started in 1929 by the reatilers in the depression to try to "get out of the black in losses and into the red". Go shopping at local Pennyh's for thier sales; otherwise will go on-line for the first time this year.
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    never done black friday
    and dont' plan on it...I spent the day wrapping all my gifts-I am morning person, dont' require much sleep but not on top of list to do...