HAPPY THANKSGIVING

susafina
susafina Member Posts: 131
Hi EVERYONR!

As another turkey day rolls around I just want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. It has been quite a year for all of us but I am truly thankful for finding this site and meeting all of you wonderful people. Your support has been terrific and everyone here have really helped me through this journey. I only hope that this coming will have us all getting better, stronger and dancing with NED!!!

Love and strength to all!
SUE

Comments

• norma2
    norma2 Member Posts: 479
    Sue, I hope you and yours
    Sue, I hope you and yours have a great holiday. I am happy to be here. Lucky to be here. And so very thankful for the blessings that God has given me.

Give thanks always. Years ago there was a book by a Corrie TenBoom(spelling?). In it she and her sister were sent to a concentration camp during WWII. The conditions were horrible. One of the worst was the lice. Now you would think this was a terrible thing. Right? But, Corrie, who lived to give thanks always, said that the lice were a blessing. Yep, I know. That sounds crazy. Who would give thanks for lice of all things. But you see the lice kept the guards from coming close and beating the prisoners. So they were a blessing. I think that about my cancer experience. It is a blessing to open my eyes and be so thankful for every wonderful day. The cancer is a terrible thing. I would not wish it on anyone and I hope each day that we all are delivered from it. It helps me a great deal to see cancer in the context of a bigger plan. Not my plan. Another plan by Someone greater than me.

Like embroidery...if you see the back of the needle work you would see knots and a hodge podge of thread making no sense. Turn it over and the beautiful piece is evident. Perspective changes everything.

May you all have a happy and blessed holiday.
    Norma
  • Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    norma2 said:

Sue, I hope you and yours have a great holiday. I am happy to be here. Lucky to be here. And so very thankful for the blessings that God has given me.

Give thanks always. Years ago there was a book by a Corrie TenBoom(spelling?). In it she and her sister were sent to a concentration camp during WWII. The conditions were horrible. One of the worst was the lice. Now you would think this was a terrible thing. Right? But, Corrie, who lived to give thanks always, said that the lice were a blessing. Yep, I know. That sounds crazy. Who would give thanks for lice of all things. But you see the lice kept the guards from coming close and beating the prisoners. So they were a blessing. I think that about my cancer experience. It is a blessing to open my eyes and be so thankful for every wonderful day. The cancer is a terrible thing. I would not wish it on anyone and I hope each day that we all are delivered from it. It helps me a great deal to see cancer in the context of a bigger plan. Not my plan. Another plan by Someone greater than me.

Like embroidery...if you see the back of the needle work you would see knots and a hodge podge of thread making no sense. Turn it over and the beautiful piece is evident. Perspective changes everything.

Norma

Sue and Norma
    Thank you for the wishes and may you all (and everyone) have a great Thanksgiving.

Norma, thank you for the story. It is just another way to look at turning a negative into a positive light. If we never hit the roads and valleys, then we may never have met wonderful people or do wonderful things.

Blessings to everyone.
    Happy Thanksgiving,

Kathy
  • jazzy1
    jazzy1 Member Posts: 1,379
    Kaleena said:

Sue and Norma
    Thank you for the wishes and may you all (and everyone) have a great Thanksgiving.

Norma, thank you for the story. It is just another way to look at turning a negative into a positive light. If we never hit the roads and valleys, then we may never have met wonderful people or do wonderful things.

Blessings to everyone.
    Happy Thanksgiving,

Kathy

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL~
    This year and prior has been quite busy, but I do try and look at the positive side of everything. One thing I've learned, God doesn't give us a clear path thru life, just makes us work at times to endure. I've had to endure the cancer diagnosis and treatments, but know it was his way of telling me "you wanna live, I'm making you work this time". Ok I worked and know I can endure anything. It has made me a stronger and more well-rounded person.

I give thanks to everyone on this site...each of you are wonderful gifts, that I'm thankful for each day!!

Jan
  • patsplace
    patsplace Member Posts: 14
    Thanks!
    Ditto, Sue's message & all of the replies!
  • hopeful girl 1
    hopeful girl 1 Member Posts: 454
    patsplace said:

Thanks!
    Ditto, Sue's message & all of the replies!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
    It was a long and challenging year for me as well, and I feel I have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. I am thrilled to be alive and to have made it thru' surgery, chemo and radiation. When my counts return to a higher level my oncologist says restrictions can be lifted.

I am thankful to have found this site, and these wonderful boards to share our experiences and encourage one and other.

When I was first diagnosed and found these boards after my surgery, it helped me a great deal to have many of you tell me, you can do this, we did it, and made it thru' and so can you. It gave me strength, knowing I was not alone and if others had made it thru' perhaps I could do so also!

I am very thankful and wish everyone a wonderful and safe holiday!

Hugs,
    Cindy
  • Always Hopeful
    Always Hopeful Member Posts: 234
    norma2 said:

Norma

Norma et al
    I so enjoy reading your posts...always full of hope, wisdom and encouragment. Thank you so very much for sharing your beautiful gift.

To everyone else: It is a blessing indeed to be part of such a wonderful group!

My best wishes to all for a beautiful Thanksgiving day.

Peace and hope, JJ
  • aprillorey
    aprillorey Member Posts: 104

It was a long and challenging year for me as well, and I feel I have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. I am thrilled to be alive and to have made it thru' surgery, chemo and radiation. When my counts return to a higher level my oncologist says restrictions can be lifted.

I am thankful to have found this site, and these wonderful boards to share our experiences and encourage one and other.

When I was first diagnosed and found these boards after my surgery, it helped me a great deal to have many of you tell me, you can do this, we did it, and made it thru' and so can you. It gave me strength, knowing I was not alone and if others had made it thru' perhaps I could do so also!

Hugs,
    Cindy

HAPPY thanks giving to every
    HAPPY thanks giving to every one here as well i praise god for this site it turly has helped me all you ladys are wonderful this has been a long hard one for many of us and a test for sure im thankful this year that god has given me life and im here to see another thanksgiving god bless all of you my friends

april
  • aprillorey

Hugs,
    Cindy

HAPPY thanks giving to every one here as well i praise god for this site it turly has helped me all you ladys are wonderful this has been a long hard one for many of us and a test for sure im thankful this year that god has given me life and im here to see another thanksgiving god bless all of you my friends

april
  • aprillorey

Hugs,
    Cindy

april
  • aprillorey

Hugs,
    Cindy

april
  • aprillorey

Hugs,
    Cindy

april