Has anyone heard from coolvdub (Don)

Lovekitties
Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Seems it has been a while since I saw Don post.

Anyone have update on him?

Comments

• pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Craig do you still keep in touch with him?
    Hugs Craig.
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn said:

Craig do you still keep in touch with him?
    Hugs Craig.

up
    up
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Couple of Weeks Ago...
    ...I emailed Don after we wrapped up the magazine project.

He remarked how he'd not been feeling very well for a spell. I'm guessing, but I imagine he has taken a break until he feels well enough to return. I hope he is feeling better...he was a good friend to help me out like he did and I certainly hope that working on this did not have anything to do with how he was feeling - I would feel badly about that.

Big Don, just drop us a note when you are up to it:)

-Craig
  • Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member
    Sundanceh said:

Couple of Weeks Ago...
    ...I emailed Don after we wrapped up the magazine project.

He remarked how he'd not been feeling very well for a spell. I'm guessing, but I imagine he has taken a break until he feels well enough to return. I hope he is feeling better...he was a good friend to help me out like he did and I certainly hope that working on this did not have anything to do with how he was feeling - I would feel badly about that.

Big Don, just drop us a note when you are up to it:)

-Craig

We're missing you and hoping you are well
  • coolvdub
    coolvdub Member Posts: 408 Member
    Lori-S said:

We're missing you and hoping you are well

Checking In
    Hi All,

I have been lurking in the background so to speak. I'm doing fairly well lately, but it's taking everything I have to make it to work everyday. Since I'm a machinist, a typical day is standing on my feet for 9 hours. The neuropathy in my feet seems to be getting worse instead of better lately. By the end of the day I'm in semi tolerable pain, my fingers also seem to be getting worse as well, not good when you use your hands to make a living.

I have been finished with Chemo since February but these darn side effects won't go away yet. Craig the project was a welcome diversion from the daily life and did not cause me any sickness or pain, I would do it again in a heartbeat.

My current situation is normal life so to speak, seems like everything I own is breaking and sucking my financial resources more than I would like. Been without a furnace on the house for 2 years, but we have a fireplace so that has worked out. I have to admit, lately it has been real hard to make any long term commitments financially.
    That being said, we got an estimate and a loan to replace the furnace so we should be good to go in a couple of weeks. What really drove this stupid cancer home was when the loan officer asked if we wanted life/disability insurance on the loan. I said sure given what the past year and a half has been like, that reminded her I had cancer and she had to tell me sorry no insurance for you. Seems like even when you have the cancer whipped, it still comes back for more.

Currently waiting to hear back from my Onc on my latest scans, had a CT and PET done this month and waiting to hear the results, well you all know what that's like. I have been having a hard time seeing the new people that are being diagnosed at such young ages, I mean in their early twenties, that really sucks. It also brings this beast to close to past memories. When I was growing up, we had a girl that went to our church who had brain cancer and ultimately passed in her teens, Laura was such a sweet person and I really miss her. Laura was an only child to the kindest parents a person could have, such a sad burden for them to bear.

I am doing well and feel blessed to have you all in my life and concerned for my well being. I hope you all have a wonderful day today, Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Hugs
    Don
  • Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member
    coolvdub said:

Checking In
    Hi All,

I have been lurking in the background so to speak. I'm doing fairly well lately, but it's taking everything I have to make it to work everyday. Since I'm a machinist, a typical day is standing on my feet for 9 hours. The neuropathy in my feet seems to be getting worse instead of better lately. By the end of the day I'm in semi tolerable pain, my fingers also seem to be getting worse as well, not good when you use your hands to make a living.

I have been finished with Chemo since February but these darn side effects won't go away yet. Craig the project was a welcome diversion from the daily life and did not cause me any sickness or pain, I would do it again in a heartbeat.

My current situation is normal life so to speak, seems like everything I own is breaking and sucking my financial resources more than I would like. Been without a furnace on the house for 2 years, but we have a fireplace so that has worked out. I have to admit, lately it has been real hard to make any long term commitments financially.
    That being said, we got an estimate and a loan to replace the furnace so we should be good to go in a couple of weeks. What really drove this stupid cancer home was when the loan officer asked if we wanted life/disability insurance on the loan. I said sure given what the past year and a half has been like, that reminded her I had cancer and she had to tell me sorry no insurance for you. Seems like even when you have the cancer whipped, it still comes back for more.

Currently waiting to hear back from my Onc on my latest scans, had a CT and PET done this month and waiting to hear the results, well you all know what that's like. I have been having a hard time seeing the new people that are being diagnosed at such young ages, I mean in their early twenties, that really sucks. It also brings this beast to close to past memories. When I was growing up, we had a girl that went to our church who had brain cancer and ultimately passed in her teens, Laura was such a sweet person and I really miss her. Laura was an only child to the kindest parents a person could have, such a sad burden for them to bear.

I am doing well and feel blessed to have you all in my life and concerned for my well being. I hope you all have a wonderful day today, Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Hugs
    Don

Hey Don
    It's so good to hear from you!

So sorry about the damn neuropathy. I can't imagine doing a full day of work like you do. I'm very impressed. I hope it gets better soon. Of course it's that time of year with the cold weather, it really doesn't help. Stay as warm as possible.

Cancer sux. It's really such a drain on everything in your life and it seems especially for those of us in the good ol' USA ... it hits the bank account so hard. I'm glad that you are getting the furnace sorted out. Gotta stay warm.

I will be praying for the best results on your scans. I know the waiting is the hardest part. (Gee sounds like a song). Hang in there and Happy Turkey Day. Gobble Gobble. HUGS
  • pepebcn
    Lori-S said:

Hey Don

So sorry about the damn neuropathy. I can't imagine doing a full day of work like you do. I'm very impressed. I hope it gets better soon. Of course it's that time of year with the cold weather, it really doesn't help. Stay as warm as possible.

Cancer sux. It's really such a drain on everything in your life and it seems especially for those of us in the good ol' USA ... it hits the bank account so hard. I'm glad that you are getting the furnace sorted out. Gotta stay warm.

I will be praying for the best results on your scans. I know the waiting is the hardest part. (Gee sounds like a song). Hang in there and Happy Turkey Day. Gobble Gobble. HUGS

Hi Don great to hear from you!
    I will prey for excellent results of your tests! .I really wish you a happy thanksgiving day!.
    Have a big hug!
  • pepebcn
    Lori-S said:

Hey Don

Hi Don great to hear from you!
    I will prey for excellent results of your tests! .I really wish you a happy thanksgiving day!.
    Have a big hug!
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    coolvdub said:

Checking In
    Hi All,

Hugs
    Don

Hi Don
    I am glad to hear that you are doing relatively well. To bad they haven't come up with a cure for the hand/foot fallout from chemo.

Praying that the news on the scan is all good.

Stay in touch...you know some of us are mom's and have the worry gene when things are not as they were...lol.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family too

Marie
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    coolvdub said:

Checking In
    Hi All,

Hugs
    Don

Good to hear from you!
    Don, It is so nice to see this post from you. I am sorry for the neuropathy; you have done well to work full time despite this. I am glad you are getting the furnace. I live in Canada, so I can't imagine not having a furnace. I hope your scan results are good. It is difficult to see young people diagnosed, but I think we can offer knowledge, hope. etc. to them.