update on clinical trial

Options
chicoturner
chicoturner Member Posts: 282
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Just a really quick update...I have cc 4, have had surgery, chemo and such and am now doing clincial trial at UCSF. So far the hard part is the 3 1/2-4 hr drive each direction. But it is what I signed up for! I am truly blessed to have this trial! Anyway, new protocal, I can do some of my labs here in my home town! Last week was the lst and I go tomorrow!! What a load of stress that relieves!! Dec 7 is the last day of cycle 2 and I have to do CT's, but don't actually have an appt! Oh well, I can stress or let them stress, they are the pro's and it is there trial!! If the CT is not particulary good, I'm prob. off the trial, but is it is good, I stay on! Margin may but me one more month! Sad isn't when 1 month can mean so much to us! My pastor at church Sun. said "everytime we just "get through a few dreaded days, don't foreget that those days are our life! Do we want to "just get throught it! I don't really know the answer, as some days I would say yes, other days I can take anything! But it is good to think on! I got a call from my kids in Salt Lake and they were going to leave in the AM for here (calif) but the weather is a mess. I would of course love to see them, but want them safe and unstressed!! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Jean

Comments

• AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options
    I am glad
    You can do your lab test locally; that will save some wear + tear on you!
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
    I'm praying you will get fabulous results with this trial!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • Crow71
    Crow71 Member Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the update
    Hey Jean - Your pastor is right on, but you are "more right." For us, some days you just have to get through. It's really hard to live well when you have to see your life in one or two months spans. I live well for the most part, but when it gets hard, I just get through it and try to stay as focussed as possible.

Sorry your kids couldn't make it. Perhaps next year.

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

Roger
  • Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Jean
    I was so happy when you got into the trial and I will pray that you get to continue. Wishing for a good outcome with your CT. Sorry the kids can't come. Happy Thanksgiving to you!!
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Options
    Lori-S said:

Jean
    I was so happy when you got into the trial and I will pray that you get to continue. Wishing for a good outcome with your CT. Sorry the kids can't come. Happy Thanksgiving to you!!

So happy for you! Hope the
    So happy for you! Hope the kids make it in, either way, have a great Turkey Day!
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    glad to hear from you
    HI Jean,

I was glad to see and read your update. I will be praying for you that things will go well this coming month and that this clinical trial will be the one to help you!
    Hope your kids arrive safely & that you have a lovely Thanksgiving.

Take care!

Hugs,
    Lisa
  • JoyceSteele
    JoyceSteele Member Posts: 145
    Options
    wishing you the best
    Jean you are in my prayers. I hope you get good news. Sorry the kids cannot be with you. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Hugs, Joyce
  • newperson
    newperson Member Posts: 76
    Options
    Best wishes for you, Jean
    Hi Jean, I pray that the trial is working for you and you will get a good result from the scan.

We went to see Dr. Munster yesterday and got the package of the trial which my husband will get into in a few weeks. The title of the trial is: CC# 09992 - Phase 1 Open-Label, Dose-Escalation Study of the Phosphoinositide 3-Kinase Inhibitor GSK2126458 in Subjects with Solid Tumors or Lymphoma. The drug is pill taken by mouth. Every 4 weeks is one cycle. Dosage level will be assigned when my husband starts. Is this the same trial you are in? How do you do the trial? Do you take the drug every day in the cycle? What dosage level are you on? How are you feeling now? I wish you the best.

I hope that your kids can make it to be with you for the Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving!

-Lucy
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Options
    Jean
    Jean,
    It is good to hear from you. I will be praying that when you get your scan you get good news.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • chicoturner
    chicoturner Member Posts: 282
    Options
    newperson said:

Best wishes for you, Jean
    Hi Jean, I pray that the trial is working for you and you will get a good result from the scan.

We went to see Dr. Munster yesterday and got the package of the trial which my husband will get into in a few weeks. The title of the trial is: CC# 09992 - Phase 1 Open-Label, Dose-Escalation Study of the Phosphoinositide 3-Kinase Inhibitor GSK2126458 in Subjects with Solid Tumors or Lymphoma. The drug is pill taken by mouth. Every 4 weeks is one cycle. Dosage level will be assigned when my husband starts. Is this the same trial you are in? How do you do the trial? Do you take the drug every day in the cycle? What dosage level are you on? How are you feeling now? I wish you the best.

I hope that your kids can make it to be with you for the Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving!

-Lucy

Lucy, I'm happy you got in
    Lucy, I'm happy you got in to see Dr. Munster. I guess you med Ann also! I take pills in 28 day cycles and test, everyday ( ECO and blood/Urine) I do blood work each week, but just got the ok to do some of the tests here at home. What a relief. The trial you are on is not the one I am on, at one point they told me they had 7 trials going. Fourtunately I am tolorating it well. I will check with them Mon about scans, and when I will do them.
    Thanks for your good wishes. My kids wisely choose to not drive from SLC. I miss them, but the stress is down for me! Best to you, keep me posted on how it goes for you. Maybe we will run into each other sometime Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! Jean
  • newperson
    newperson Member Posts: 76
    Options

Lucy, I'm happy you got in
    Lucy, I'm happy you got in to see Dr. Munster. I guess you med Ann also! I take pills in 28 day cycles and test, everyday ( ECO and blood/Urine) I do blood work each week, but just got the ok to do some of the tests here at home. What a relief. The trial you are on is not the one I am on, at one point they told me they had 7 trials going. Fourtunately I am tolorating it well. I will check with them Mon about scans, and when I will do them.
    Thanks for your good wishes. My kids wisely choose to not drive from SLC. I miss them, but the stress is down for me! Best to you, keep me posted on how it goes for you. Maybe we will run into each other sometime Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! Jean

good vibes for your scan
    Jean, I'm glad you are tolorating the trial well. I hope it works well for you and you will get a good scan result from it.
    I didn't know they have 7 trials going. How did you get in your trial? Did you choose it or they assigned it for you? Is your trial for colorectal cancer or for any type of cancers? How many people have been on your trial? How does it work for colorect cancer?
    We were just told that the trial CC# 09992 is the one for my husband. It has about 70 people so far. But only four people are colorectal cancer patients. The effectiveness is hard to tell for the type of colorectal cancer. So I'm worried.
    I'll be praying for you.
    -Lucy