I just gave myself my first Neulasta shot!

C Dixon
C Dixon Member Posts: 201
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Probably not a big deal for most of you. But I have been through 12 rounds of Folfox and 12 of Folfiri and never had to do this. I always got the pump nurse to give me my shot.

But I did it on my own today!! I am proud of myself!

Catherine

Comments

• pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Arrrghhhh! Cath! I would not be capable
    to do it , I would be fainted! hahahaha!
    Congratulations you a are brave lady!
    Hugs.
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Good for you!
    You should be proud. I have never had this at all - when my counts are low I have just been delayed in my treatment.
  • Bear23
    Bear23 Member Posts: 84
    My husband has always given
    My husband has always given me mine at home. I could never do it to myself. Good for you!
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    proud of you!
    I cried the first time I gave myself one, I was so relieved when it was over and it turned out it didn't deserve all the angst! Good job!
    mary
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    msccolon said:

proud of you!
    I cried the first time I gave myself one, I was so relieved when it was over and it turned out it didn't deserve all the angst! Good job!
    mary

Smiles
    OUCH! Very proud!
  • ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Congratulations Catherine
    The first one is the hardest. I have been injecting methotrexate for some time and I found that the first time that needle hovered forever and I couldn't not watch. Finally I just gritted my teeth and jabbed.I didn't feel a thing,what a let down:) Ron.
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Good for You
    You are brave, that chore was always left to my husband. Thing is if he was mad at me that morning, he could really make it hurt worse than need be - LOL just joking, he did a great job. Proud of you though. Takes lots of bravery.

Kim
  • bruins1971
    bruins1971 Member Posts: 227
    Ouch
    I am not sure what the Neulasta shot is for but I have had to give myself a short of Lovenox for the last 4 months and will for 2 more due to getting a blood clot in my neck during my Liver surgery.

Bobby
  • bruins1971
    bruins1971 Member Posts: 227
    ron50 said:

Congratulations Catherine
    The first one is the hardest. I have been injecting methotrexate for some time and I found that the first time that needle hovered forever and I couldn't not watch. Finally I just gritted my teeth and jabbed.I didn't feel a thing,what a let down:) Ron.

Fish
    Great big fish there Ron I hope it tasted as good as it looks.

Bobby
  • annad723
    annad723 Member Posts: 44
    Brave Girl
    Good for you. My husband would have to give me the shot. I don't think I could do it.

Thanksgiving blessings--Anna